Help PikaRom player moving to Mewtwo Mew deck questions

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
Hi forum members!

What would be considered the best start to achieve for Mew3 decks? For example, when I play as Pikarom it was Full Blitz T1. What's Mew3's "Full Blitz T1?"? Turbo Strike charging 2 energies on another Pokemon?

When with Pikarom, I did train doing Full Blitz T1 as many times as possible to get more experience on how to achieve this. But with Mew3, I feel lost on what to achieve as a best T1.

If the answer is "it depends on the matchup", could you please provide options? I'm starting with this deck and it would be great to know.

Thanks!

Salan

Aspiring Trainer
I started running Porygon Z Gx when that box came available and always aim for that GX attack on my first attack if I can get it.
Everytime I've done this I'm golden for the game, so many options instantly available, toss out all your non basic gx's and choose a few cards to help thin your deck.

Otherwise I try to get a hard hitting GX attack out fast, Charzard/Res seems to be really consistent swapping between his GX and main attack much like they do in a CharRes/green deck, and sometimes I'll run him as my main attacker instead of Mewtwo when playing decks that shut off abilities, swapping into mewtwo when I can swap stadiums out.

You definitely need to get your Jirachi GX on the bench early, I find he has saved me more then I can count.

The deck has so many tools available, its hard to get use to for sure. I jump around decks a lot so getting to know everything it does is important, making mistakes is common when learning that is for sure!

Obv I need to learn the lingo, but that's beside the point.. :)

Skater_J

Aspiring Trainer
I think the best Mew3 combo I've seen isn't T1 it starts on T2 when you have at least 4 energy on Mew3:

T2 - Hidden Fates Charizard's Flare Blitz GX attack
T3 - Lost Thunder Macargo-GX's Lava Flow attack

This is a 6 prize combo attack against Tag Team decks. It closes out games faster than any other deck I've ever seen.

Otherwise, if that you're looking for a true T1 attack, yeah "Turbo Strike" is ideal. Other attacks that are helpful: "Tag Purge", "Severe Poison", "Steaming Stomp", or "Star Search"

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
I started running Porygon Z Gx when that box came available and always aim for that GX attack on my first attack if I can get it.
Everytime I've done this I'm golden for the game, so many options instantly available, toss out all your non basic gx's and choose a few cards to help thin your deck.

Otherwise I try to get a hard hitting GX attack out fast, Charzard/Res seems to be really consistent swapping between his GX and main attack much like they do in a CharRes/green deck, and sometimes I'll run him as my main attacker instead of Mewtwo when playing decks that shut off abilities, swapping into mewtwo when I can swap stadiums out.

You definitely need to get your Jirachi GX on the bench early, I find he has saved me more then I can count.

The deck has so many tools available, its hard to get use to for sure. I jump around decks a lot so getting to know everything it does is important, making mistakes is common when learning that is for sure!

Obv I need to learn the lingo, but that's beside the point.. :)

This is interesting, so to filter your deck and accelerate the options you run to discard those GX right? Would you miss Charizard GX's 300 damage using 4 energies?
Your options agains Garde get's restricted to what normally? Using Reshizard itself to stop Power Plant and Fairy Charms? Thanks Salan!

I think the best Mew3 combo I've seen isn't T1 it starts on T2 when you have at least 4 energy on Mew3:

T2 - Hidden Fates Charizard's Flare Blitz GX attack
T3 - Lost Thunder Macargo-GX's Lava Flow attack

This is a 6 prize combo attack against Tag Team decks. It closes out games faster than any other deck I've ever seen.

Otherwise, if that you're looking for a true T1 attack, yeah "Turbo Strike" is ideal. Other attacks that are helpful: "Tag Purge", "Severe Poison", "Steaming Stomp", or "Star Search"

This is a really great combo, I haven't tought about it! In that case you can even go out to liberate those energies for another Turbo Strike? I still feel a little bit afraid of using Magcargo-GX, I only have two ways of recycling energies, through Turbo Strike and only one Energy Recycle, no Fire Crystal at all. Thanks Skater_J!

Skater_J

Aspiring Trainer
This is a really great combo, I haven't thought about it! In that case you can even go out to liberate those energies for another Turbo Strike? I still feel a little bit afraid of using Magcargo-GX, I only have two ways of recycling energies, through Turbo Strike and only one Energy Recycle, no Fire Crystal at all. Thanks Skater_J!

Yeah I only use "Lava flow" if it's going to close out a game, otherwise it's either "Venom Shot", "Mist Slash", "Flamethrower", "Tag Purge", "Turbo Strike" or "Steaming Stomp".

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
Yeah I only use "Lava flow" if it's going to close out a game, otherwise it's either "Venom Shot", "Mist Slash", "Flamethrower", "Tag Purge", "Turbo Strike" or "Steaming Stomp".

Nice suggestion Skater_J, now I can set up a priority on who to search first to avoid spending Cherish Balls.
A question, how do you normally deal with Giratina decks and Triple Keldeo GX decks?

Thank you!

Skater_J

Aspiring Trainer
@Toni Kensa for Giratina decks always target their inkays and malamars with a 20 damage counter "Cross Division GX" or "Venom Shot". Also make sure you have Jirachi-GX or weakness guard energy to prevent your opponent hitting for weakness.

Triple Keldeo GX is a tricky one. I would also target their energy acceleration with "Cross Division GX" and "Venom Shot" and then keep using mist slash on the Keldeos. You would definitely need an energy recycle system to get your water energy back if a Mew3 gets taken out. Another option would be to tech in a one prize attacker, maybe Giratina or Turtonator.

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
@Toni Kensa for Giratina decks always target their inkays and malamars with a 20 damage counter "Cross Division GX" or "Venom Shot". Also make sure you have Jirachi-GX or weakness guard energy to prevent your opponent hitting for weakness.

Triple Keldeo GX is a tricky one. I would also target their energy acceleration with "Cross Division GX" and "Venom Shot" and then keep using mist slash on the Keldeos. You would definitely need an energy recycle system to get your water energy back if a Mew3 gets taken out. Another option would be to tech in a one prize attacker, maybe Giratina or Turtonator.

So, against Giratina, the best T2 would be a fully charged Cross Division to wipe out all little basic inkays. That same applies for woopers and pidgeottos right?

Turtonator seems easy to charge and explode everything but lacks a way to return from discard pile like Giratina does, plus that 10 and 10 damage on the bench is able to round up some damage for Naganadel GX’s attack to KO Xerneas GX (180hp) or to be able to get Pikarom with Reshizard’s 230. The downside is to charge it... turbo strike with 2 psychic energy + another energy.

Skater_J

Aspiring Trainer
@Toni Kensa Yes, Cross Division is definitely key in defeating decks that have energy/draw acceleration from the bench.

Yeah, Giratina seems ok but not ideal, maybe cosmic eclipse will have a better tech option. Drampa seems decent.

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
@Toni Kensa Yes, Cross Division is definitely key in defeating decks that have energy/draw acceleration from the bench.

Yeah, Giratina seems ok but not ideal, maybe cosmic eclipse will have a better tech option. Drampa seems decent.

That's true, I did use Giratina on a cup last sunday and turns out it's not good as I thought (or maybe I still have to use it better). Rarely I would use it to complete Cross Division's damage, most of times I had it resting on discard pile the whole match, and against Keldeo GX I was so tired I made many missplays.

Drampa seems nice to fit this role, 140 damage, can be ready in the turn it starts on the field (P + Welder) and has more than 110 HP to avoid Keldeo GX. Also, Tapu Fini's great to counter Keldeo GX, 120HP, survives one hit and knockout in two hits.

Other thing I just thought (and mourn) during the cup was the lack of Tortunator, it's move can remove Reshizard's GX's stuck energies on Reshizard itself in case it wasn't Mewtwo Mew the one that did use it.

Skater_J

Aspiring Trainer
@Toni Kensa I like the idea of Tapu Fini! Keldeo-GX is most likely being used with QuagNag, so one energy is all that's needed. Plus it helps against your Blacephalon match-up as well, although Blacephalon isn't as popular these days it seems.

I forgot to mention that "bench barrier" mew can also get some damage counters on Keldeo if you needed to finish it off. The new cosmic eclipse psychic Blacephalon will be handy as well.

I think the ideal plan against Keldeo-GX would be to "Cross Division-GX" the Quagsire & Wooper, then "Mist Slash" or use Tapu Fini before they can load a second Keldeo back up with energy. Use custom catchers for any more woopers/Quagsires that come onto the field. Oh and make sure you have Jirachi-GX down to take away your psychic weakness. Naganadel can hit big numbers when they have 3 prizes remaining.

Skater_J

Aspiring Trainer
Oh I forgot about Hoopa from Unified minds, works with a single colorless energy! Seems like it would work nicely if there where enough pokemon with abilities on board.

Toni Kensa

Playing and Collecting
@Toni Kensa I like the idea of Tapu Fini! Keldeo-GX is most likely being used with QuagNag, so one energy is all that's needed. Plus it helps against your Blacephalon match-up as well, although Blacephalon isn't as popular these days it seems.

I forgot to mention that "bench barrier" mew can also get some damage counters on Keldeo if you needed to finish it off. The new cosmic eclipse psychic Blacephalon will be handy as well.

I think the ideal plan against Keldeo-GX would be to "Cross Division-GX" the Quagsire & Wooper, then "Mist Slash" or use Tapu Fini before they can load a second Keldeo back up with energy. Use custom catchers for any more woopers/Quagsires that come onto the field. Oh and make sure you have Jirachi-GX down to take away your psychic weakness. Naganadel can hit big numbers when they have 3 prizes remaining.

True, I haven’t seen any BlaceGX last cup, only the “baby” one, and unfortunately didn’t do well. Cosmic Eclipse will give them more power with Beastite, with this, they’ll be able to round up those 20 damage to OHKO mewtwo tag team, one thing I’m seriously looking forward for testing is that new “shedinja charm”, the one that reduces HP and one prize after knockout.

The truth is that I’m still struggling a lot to get consistency with MewMew, I’m still prone to whiff the first attack (and using Jirachi GX’s move to find another energy) when I’m not the one to start. Any suggestions on what to look for when going second?

As always, thanks!