24-Hour 'Sword & Shield' Livestream To Reveal New Information

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
With a 1 hour or even 2 hours maximum, this stream would it be very succesfully and more people could have seen it

Scoop

Literally a sheep
This entire thing was worth it because Impidimp has finally been freed from his shackles and has actually been recognized by Pokemon after a good 3 and a half months. Impidimp has been blessed.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Still no Pidgey reveal? Can't believe I live in a world where they need to reveal a Pidgey.

Last edited:

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
They did it.
They put My Little Pony into Pokemon.
and made fans waste 24 hours of their lives to see it

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Aaand we’re done. Wow. That was pointless. 24 hours just to reveal one Pokémon?

If you even consider it one Pokemon. More like half a Pokemon -- sure it's technically going to have a new type and probably new stats / movepool, and if we're really lucky a new evolution, but it's still a forme of a previous Pokemon, and yet another Kanto Pokemon at that. Zigzagoon couldn't possibly be the only non-Gen-1 Galarian, could it...?

And not even a teaser of a legendary in this mystical forest to boot!

Anime Psyclone

Guiding Light. Will Unchanged.
I am going to ask a question probably nobody has asked yet... What about evolutions? It will probably evolve into Rapidash, but like Linoone before it, it's possible that's not the end. I feel like it could have:
  • A split evolution. Basically, Rapidash is an Alicorn, while something else evolves it into another horse-like mythical creature. I was thinking a Griffin (good ride btw) or Centaur. but a Griffin would work better, I feel.
  • A three-stage line, with something at the end. Again, a Griffin or Alicorn could easily be the final stage.
  • Just plain Rapidash as the end.
Also, what's your bets on type? I think it could be Fairy or Grass, and if it evolves into something with wings, then it will gain Flying.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
This ordeal was extremely disappointing. Even for the people that had the lowest expectations, something like three new Pokemon would be the lowest they'd expect. Instead, we've got 24 hours to see a new Pokemon. In fact, throughout the whole stream, we only saw seven different Pokemon in total.

This argument needs to be brought up again, because it's relevant - we're dealing with the top grossing entertainment franchise in the world. While they might not have the same amount of immediate capital as ActiBlizz, Sony, Microsoft, etc., there is an expectation of quality here. 24 hours, with seven Pokemon and one reveal... it does not look good.

shiningdialga

Time dino goes rawr
This ordeal was extremely disappointing. Even for the people that had the lowest expectations, something like three new Pokemon would be the lowest they'd expect. Instead, we've got 24 hours to see a new Pokemon. In fact, throughout the whole stream, we only saw seven different Pokemon in total.

This argument needs to be brought up again, because it's relevant - we're dealing with the top grossing entertainment franchise in the world. While they might not have the same amount of immediate capital as ActiBlizz, Sony, Microsoft, etc., there is an expectation of quality here. 24 hours, with seven Pokemon and one reveal... it does not look good.

I couldn't agree more. To add insult to injury, it wasn't even a brand new Pokemon, just a new form for an old one that doesn't even look that different. This could have easily been done with a 30 second trailer. If they wanted to add the same anticipation, they could have made a longer trailer and added glimpses of the Pokemon. The internet sure as hell loves investigating that kind of stuff.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Even though I think this is a really good concept and I actually wouldn't mind seeing something like it again, I think that to have it done for that long with only one new Pokemon revealed feels kinda meh. I guess they did it over 24 hours so everyone could have a chance to view the stream despite time zones, and even though I can appreciate they're trying to make it good for everyone, I feel like there just wasn't enough substance to cover a full 24 hours. Imo it could have easily been cut to 12 hours.

That aside, I'm glad Impidimp is getting more attention and I hope we get more info on it soon. I really like the look of Galarian Ponyta, tbh I think I prefer it to original Ponyta. I'm quite interested in finding out why one of the two didn't have a tail - my gut feeling is that it's a gender difference, but who knows.

Volkner123

Better Pokemon trainer than Ash will ever be
Guy #1: How should we reveal the next few Pokémon for our game?
Guy #2: How about tweeting a pixelated image of one
Guy #3: How about a twenty-four hour live animal cam and we reveal one new one and another we teased in the demo version
Guy #4: How about a normal trailer like we always do
Guy #1: *throws Guy #4* out the window*