24-Hour 'Sword & Shield' Livestream To Reveal New Information

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
I guess I'll just let this go as a sort of live wallpaper on my side monitor. Can't listen to that ambient sound any more though. I'll go insane.

Alolan Vivillon

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like people are sort of missing the point of a 'nature' livestream. Like real nature livestreams, and as one user already mentioned, you can wait a long time before you see something; but it's about that moment when you do see it. The anticipation is what it's all about. Life can be slow, there's not need to rush it : ) The Pokemon world also has quiet places.

Also: Impidimp (?) just walked by.
Life is slow at times, but it's also precious. Wasting 24 hours of your life isn't worth it.

And some people need to watch the entire thing through, or else how is everyone going to know what happens? It's just pretty bad in my opinions. Real nature livestreams work because we don't need to see the animal for 24 hours for news on an upcoming game title. That would be pretty silly

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like people are sort of missing the point of a 'nature' livestream. Like real nature livestreams, and as one user already mentioned, you can wait a long time before you see something; but it's about that moment when you do see it. The anticipation is what it's all about. Life can be slow, there's not need to rush it : ) The Pokemon world also has quiet places.

Also: Impidimp (?) just walked by.
Ok but who actually wanted a nature livestream over some actual new content reveals?

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah... the stream is pretty much a troll at this point. Over 4 hours of NOTHING!

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
It’s been over 2 hours since the last thing happened! @Water Pokémon Master man you’re awesome for sitting through this and actually paying attention. I’ve just got my computer on split-screen and I’ve tucked the feed up in the corner while I multitask :p

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Well we’ve now passed the “3 hours, no activity” mark. This may be the most boring thing I’ve ever seen.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
This is coming from someone who hasn’t watched the livestream yet—I need to work—so take this with a grain of salt, but... Even with my low expectations, this seems disappointing.

According to the previous news article about this, “Those who tune in to the stream will be able to observe the ecology of the Pokemon that live in this forest, and viewers may even notice things that surprise them.” With that description, I wasn’t expecting much in terms of info. Sounds like it would just be an animal/nature cam. But the difference between one of those and this is that TPC or whoever made this was able to control what shows up, when, and how long. I was expecting a Pokémon or two to show up and eat berries, maybe later a few start playing tag, maybe up above there’s a flock (swarm?) of Butterfree. Then every now and then, a brand new Pokémon would show up. “Whoooaa... What is that?!” Stuff like that. But so far, it sounds like if a Pokémon does show up, you blink and you miss it. And it doesn’t sound like anything about the ecology of the forest has been shown. Maybe aside from just being in the forest and hearing Pokémon noises. You can argue that this more “realistic” (for cartoon creatures), but I’d argue that there’s nothing entertaining about this completely controlled and simulated environment.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Another Morelull. They’re not even going to change up the Pokémon they’re putting in this stupid thing?

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
a weird screen flare from the left side happended, something fiery perhaps?
Getting their COD montage on.
I was thinking a Will-o-wisp Pokémon possibly, but with Ponyta’s cry, the flares, and the horse noises, possibly a Rapidash evolution? Fire pegasus?