Next Pokemon Anime Series Titled 'Pocket Monsters,' Features All Regions

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
I think they'll reset Ash's story and pretend Alola's victory was just an Alola thing.

That sure would be funny and then for 22 years he goes on the journey and keeps losing at the end and the best part he won't age.

Honestly, I don't mind if they keep Ash story moving on but I sure would love to see side series expanded, for example, I want to see Brocks journey and other his friend spin-off series introduced. Just give us more !!!

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
If Ash Ketchum is going to appear in the new Pokémon series, wouldn't this confirm more or less that Ash Ketchum will officially graduate from Pokémon School in Alola?

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Laid back? Everyone is constantly turned up to 11 about everything! Really the only think I dislike about it (well, that and Lillie's English dub voice). Do they have to be so "Super Psyched!" about everything that happens to them ever?
That doesn't mean it's not "laid back". The stakes are seldom very high, there was a ton of filler comedy/slice of life episodes. There obviously wasn't any grand journey to be had.

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
Ash looks five, not ten.
Also, I don't get the hate of SM Ash. It fit the more laidback style of the show.

I don't hate Alolan Ash, I mostly just dislike the eyes. I thought they looked weird and small and kinda ruined his look for me. I DO appreciate how fluid the animation is in S/M though and also how much more expression the characters can have than in previous renditions.
I really liked the eyes/face they gave him in XY and I'm glad they're kind of going back towards that a bit. I hope they can still have fun wacky expressions though and not be so static.

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
Also, are we certain that new character is a guy? They look kinda feminine what with the berets in their hair and the eyes look a bit feminine/lashy if you look close. I wouldn't be super surprised if it was a tomboy character.
I'd also be down for a femme-ish male companion, although I don't really see that happening.

BTW, them ankles are toothpicks....

Nyora

A Cat
>not every pokemon will be in gen 8 games
>protagonist of gen 8 anime wants to catch every pokemon

Explain.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
>not every pokemon will be in gen 8 games
>protagonist of gen 8 anime wants to catch every pokemon

Explain.

He'll store them in Pokemon Home as he catches new Pokemon in every region, duh. How else would you do it? You can't catch every Pokemon in a single region. /s

AcePlayz

Just call me, the Pokemon Master!
This series of the Pokemon anime looks a lot more promising than the sun and moon one.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Convinced "Go" was supposed to be a girl, but it was changed at the last second. Not sure why, other than executive meddling to "prevent ships from setting sail because it's an anime".

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Convinced "Go" was supposed to be a girl, but it was changed at the last second. Not sure why, other than executive meddling to "prevent ships from setting sail because it's an anime".
Just cuz they both guys does not mean shipping wont happen

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
Every generation has more and more human characters looking like the opposite gender... uhh, not that there's anything wrong with it...

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Pokemon GO has invaded the anime too, I see. Soon, PoGO will be the main series and the console titles will be peripheral, just because it'll make profit sense. Smh.

Then again, it makes sense this "Go" fellow wants to catch all the Pokemon, since there will come a time in the future when PoGO, the mobile spin-off, will be the only Pokemon game playable with every Pokemon programmed in...