Eight Cards To Be Banned from Japan's Expanded Format!

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
I have always hated these types of decks. If you are that bored that you have to resort to using decks like hand lock, why play?

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Why they ban the amulet? I'll tell you why. Jirachi EX.

Attaching This to Jirachi EX will immediately KO Jirachi and give up 2 prizes then the player will abuse N and distrupt their hand to 1 or 2 prize cards. And also, Jirachi can search N or Lt. Surge and can be searched out by Hoopa EX.

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
I have always hated these types of decks. If you are that bored that you have to resort to using decks like hand lock, why play?
The reason people play those decks is because they find "normal" decks boring. Don't judge people's play styles. What you might hate, other people might love.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Yes sir cleaning up the health of expanded. No longer afraid of getting absolutely murdered on turn one.

Overheat

Aspiring Trainer
Let them stay banned in Expanded. Standard can still play with them. If you couldn't play around them you're just bad.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
The reason people play those decks is because they find "normal" decks boring. Don't judge people's play styles. What you might hate, other people might love.

There's nothing more boring than solitaire decks to me. I can see why some people get joy out of it, but they feel the least creative imo. They also contribute to a bad game state so it's good that they're addressing this.

birdboy2000

Bird Keeper
Ghetsis we already banned internationally, Surge was gonna be the centerpiece of a broken enough strategy sooner or later, t1 marshadow or red card is nasty enough I can see the rationale, Floette is not a balanced t1 card and they banned Wally, so I'm not gonna complain about Flabebe. But I'm not sure if Mismagius still merits the ban with the other cards gone (you've gotta hit all 4 of them, and just to N to 2?) Dusk stone might've been a better ban for that, guarantee the opponent a turn. And I don't like the chip chip ice axe ban, if you can still hand lock with all the other bans in Japanese expanded you deserve to pull it off.

Guess they wanted to make sure nothing like this deck appeared again instead of trying to balance it, I think they could've fixed the problem with fewer bans.

orthusaku

Tired Trainer
There's nothing more boring than solitaire decks to me. I can see why some people get joy out of it, but they feel the least creative imo. They also contribute to a bad game state so it's good that they're addressing this.

You mean like bad game states caused from degenerates like zoroark's trade or charizard reshiram with welder? Or do you mean only decks that you don't like and are not the common stupid stuff?

Zeatap

Aspiring Trainer
You mean like bad game states caused from degenerates like zoroark's trade or charizard reshiram with welder? Or do you mean only decks that you don't like and are not the common stupid stuff?

Reshizard with Welder and Zoroark's Trade ability are strong but they don't stop you from playing the game. Having your Opponent reduce your handsize to Zero before you even had a Chance to Play is just boring. If a deck like that gets it Combo going there is essentially only one Player left plaing the game because the other one is in top deck mode the whole game, which also gets manipulated by Chip-Chip Ice Axe. That is just unhealthy for the game.

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
Having your Opponent reduce your handsize to Zero before you even had a Chance to Play is just boring.

It’s only boring if you’re the one getting it’s hand reduced to zero. Personally, I find myself this type of decks much more interesting than the standard copy & paste aggro decks that are usually played. Just sad that even if we don’t get the bans before the release of Island Amulet I won’t have the remaining cards to still try the deck in tournaments here (changing the Puzzles for something else and adding Reset Stamp). I guess I’ll have to continue playing Trevenant and Sableye :(

Otaku

The wise fool?
Attention please! @Everyone, but especially @JL_muserwolves @TokenDuelist @JakeTheGearHeart @orthusaku @Zeatap @Javi Blizz
  1. Always ask if you are okay losing to the deck you love playing.
  2. There can be more than one kind of "toxic" deck.
I used to love locking down my opponent and seeing them helpless turn after turn... until someone pointed out my hypocrisy as I hate facing such a deck. XD Honestly, its kind of sadistic. But wait! I also love powering through my opponent with Pokémon that are either so big, durable or disposable that it doesn't matter what my opponent does... except once again, I hate facing such decks. Solitaire in a 2-player game is lame. It all comes down to issues with game balance and pacing; the powers that be made a bunch of cards that would have been fine except they can be used T1.

Well, fine relative to the rest of the metagame and commonly accepted "balance" of the TCG, but that's a rant for another day. ;) Now, if y'all wish to continue debating each other... okay, go ahead. My stance happens to be a blend of your own stances, but that doesn't mean any of you will agree with me. XD Just to clarify though: solitaire decks are boring to face whether it is one-sided because I cannot play any cards or because the actions I can take won't make any difference, or require absurd amounts of luck to make a difference. Even then, the issue is also a deck achieving such a state both quickly and reliably; if you have to play a stellar game but I have a fair chance to disrupt the strategy's set up before it gets going, then it goes back to being a "me" problem for not recognizing I had my chance. XD

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
I'm sincerely surprised that so many Japanese players opted for this kind of strategy it's illegal to even play for money In japan and this style of sadistic play is very unusual which really just shows why this should be banned cuz all many people In America who just love to win at all cost would eat this up