'Rayquaza-GX vs. Ultra Necrozma-GX Battle Arena Decks' in October!

Nate the Boi

Aspiring Trainer
Holy Shoot. It most likely will be the team up jirachi since its a staple in malamar decks. Should start selling your jirachis now cause the price will go down for sure once this comes out. So glad there are expensive staples includes such as acro bike, giratina, beast energy etc. This is probably the best Battle Arena deck since the Keldeo vs Rayquaza decks that had vs seekers in them. P.S. The Tate and Liza alt art and sightseer alt art is so cute. Gonna buy a bunch of ultra necrozma decks when they come out.

Mudkip_Is_God

Aspiring Trainer
Isn't that just going to decrease the prices of Raquaza-GX, Ultra Necrozma-GX, and Jirachi? It's just a rip-off. You get a pack, get Raquaza/Necrozma/Jirachi and you're so excited about it but then, "Oh, yeah, they're worth 50 cents now."

Last edited:

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
Isn't that just going to decrease the prices of Raquaza-GX and Ultra Necrozma-GX? It's just a rip-off. You get a pack, get Raquaza/Necrozma and you're so excited about it but then, "Oh, yeah, they're worth 50 cents now."

Then buy singles. It is more financially smart to buy singles than to load up on packs.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Isn't that just going to decrease the prices of Raquaza-GX and Ultra Necrozma-GX? It's just a rip-off. You get a pack, get Raquaza/Necrozma and you're so excited about it but then, "Oh, yeah, they're worth 50 cents now."
Ray and Ultra Necrozma are only $5-6 a piece right now, with UN already being reprinted in a box once. These aren't going to kill their already decently low prices that much. And besides, some of the cards like Jirachi in this thing are going for way more than the GXs are.

Besides, you barely ever make profit on opening packs unless you get incredibly lucky. These are actually pretty decent deals (especially Ultra Necro's with Jirachi, Malamar, Treasures, etc.) in terms of what you get.

Nate the Boi

Aspiring Trainer

They will decrease slightly. The point of these are to provide a "more advanced theme deck" for people that will includesstaple cards that are expensive such as team up Jirachi. I don't know about you but I'm happy about prices for a $30 Rare holo going down. I could really care less about my excitement going down when opening a pack and pulling a card thats in these. That's just my opinion cause I only buy singles since it is a much cheaper option than trying your luck cracking packs.

When the Keldeo EX vs. Rayquaza EX Battle Arena Decks came out yeah some of the cards went down in price but it was a good thing since there were cards like vs seek going for $15 bucks that were included.

Check Out Tolarion College's Review of them after they came out.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.

Imagine having one of the most inaccessible card games, and they create a product to help fight against that. Only then to have someone act like the secondary market is going to crash with this "Oh so terrible" business decision. In fact, the Yu-Gi-Oh Structure Decks are- wait this is Pokemon?

All jokes aside, Yu-Gi-Oh had this same type of reaction to Structure Decks, which have become welcomed and normalized. This is something I feel the Battle Arena decks need to become, but at a more reasonable price point. (Also they should stop shoving them in big boxes)

These decks are product we SHOULD be getting at all times, no excuses. A lot of players are probably sick of things like the GX decks being broken up and shoved into product, making them harder to obtain. Japan gets it, other countries get it - We need to stop getting the greedy side of the Pokemon Company. I welcome the Battle Arena decks, and I believe the product isn't utilized enough to give the players the accessible products they need. I want them to keep making this product, making it cheaper, giving us the Japanese GX decks as these with minor touch ups.

Edit: I also wanted to clarify that I believe Sword & Shield should press on with the mindset that not everything needs to be condensed into a booster pack. I want us to get the Pokemon-V Starter decks in a form that ISN'T an overpriced box or booster pack filler. Give them to us as they were meant to be: Entry Points.

Last edited:

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
I was going to pre-order these last night but got lazy and didn't do it.

Within 2 hours of this story being posted, they have sold out AND increased in price. Ugh.

Edit: Also I couldn't agree more with @TokenDuelist above^

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
Jirachi is already down to half it’s old price
Ima need to order one box.
This is busted. You buy two mally boxes and you’ve got a mally deck

Matthew the Fairy Lover

The Lover of everything Fairy
Imagine having one of the most inaccessible card games, and they create a product to help fight against that. Only then to have someone act like the secondary market is going to crash with this "Oh so terrible" business decision. In fact, the Yu-Gi-Oh Structure Decks are- wait this is Pokemon?

All jokes aside, Yu-Gi-Oh had this same type of reaction to Structure Decks, which have become welcomed and normalized. This is something I feel the Battle Arena decks need to become, but at a more reasonable price point. (Also they should stop shoving them in big boxes)

These decks are product we SHOULD be getting at all times, no excuses. A lot of players are probably sick of things like the GX decks being broken up and shoved into product, making them harder to obtain. Japan gets it, other countries get it - We need to stop getting the greedy side of the Pokemon Company. I welcome the Battle Arena decks, and I believe the product isn't utilized enough to give the players the accessible products they need. I want them to keep making this product, making it cheaper, giving us the Japanese GX decks as these with minor touch ups.

Edit: I also wanted to clarify that I believe Sword & Shield should press on with the mindset that not everything needs to be condensed into a booster pack. I want us to get the Pokemon-V Starter decks in a form that ISN'T an overpriced box or booster pack filler. Give them to us as they were meant to be: Entry Points.

I agree with this heavily. Japan gets mouthfed often with the more expensive cards more easily accessible and special products to help players into the competitive scene that are released so often it's not even funny. Yet we over in the West has to work for expensive cards and just have to rely on expensive singles and not get any of the special collections over there. I understand that they made the game but they need to stop favouring Japan with the cool shit.

judda94

Aspiring Trainer
I honestly think this is too late in the day for the UN deck. Malamar is on its last legs in reality, its not really in the top 3 decks anymore and most of the time its too slow to compete with the bigger decks.
A fire version would have been better releasing all the daft cards that fire has in its arsenal.

Kenatta_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
Trying to find these is near impossible. Everywhere I have tried is sold out. At $20 in US that is a steal. Jirachi is going for $38 alone right now.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
I honestly think this is too late in the day for the UN deck. Malamar is on its last legs in reality, its not really in the top 3 decks anymore and most of the time its too slow to compete with the bigger decks.
A fire version would have been better releasing all the daft cards that fire has in its arsenal.
I have to disagree, as the main reason it isn’t is welder. Welder is just this OP rediculous card that allows you to accelerate energy to these tag teams for rediculous ammounts of damage turn 2. It’s practically killed off almost every other deck in format.
Except malamar. Malamar, though not a top deck at regional tourneys (though it did top 16 at Sheffield) has been making a name for itself at cups. For example, grant Manley recently made a list that has won him 2 cups, got him 2nd in 2 others, and got top 8 in two more, plus two league cup challenge wins and a 2nd place at a third. He went 9 for 9 with top cut or top 8. I think the reason you don’t see mally as a deck making top few, is that it’s a slow deck. Even if it sets up, it takes a while to win, so in a bo3 it usually ties. Not what you need for success.