Discussion Unveiling my NEWEST favorite deck! Best Meta Counter I’ve ever built!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Yeah the deck is bad. You still lose to ALOT in this metagame:
Losing to ability Zard
Losing to Malamar because every malamar is playing Mew now
Losing to Gardeon super hard with ZERO way to actually beat it
Losing to Pikarom. yeah you can stop dedenne but your damage output is 90 damage. And Pikarom are playing switch now.
Blacephelon is somewhat 50/50. You can KO them and they can KO you in return. And again they are playing Mew as well

You're only good matchup is Mewthree because Glaceon prevents it from attacking.

Hardly an antimeta deck. And I take it you tested it against your friend's theme decks so you assume they are good.

Real talk, please test it out against current metagame stuff. And not just one or two games against them. I mean REALLY test it out. Figure out your strengths and weaknesses.

Pokeman

The great snake rules forever!
It’s no where near bad, yes Eggs wasn’t good, that was my deck when I was playing my friend and I just got back into the game, I now have gained experience again and I have beaten every deck on that list except Pikarom because I have yet to test against it. Dude don’t get me started I have won more tournaments cities states and higher than you can count in a deck. Get real, when you know what you’re talking about. All you use is custom to get around mew easy solution.

I 1 shot charizard with Articuno GX in most scenarios. And my friends with starter decks, Cody Walenski took second at worlds and you’re saying he has a starter deck?! I’ve spent hours on this list, I’ve tested this one, like no others, this deck gets the job done in most match ups. I’m unbeaten with it against malamar. They struggle for a prize card.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Everything you're saying... is LOL at best.

1) Last thread you convincingly tried to sell Rowlett eggs as being the deck that'll win you league cups when it can barely win a single game against anything. You played lost blender in there and tried to convince us it was a good card in that deck when there are so many better draw options.

2.) You claim to have beaten every deck on the list with yours. Cool, so have I with random rogue decks but I know alot of them were not favorable matchups and I got lucky. Also you aren't convincing anyone in detail how the matchups go and how you win. And STILL you don't know abilityzard lol. Abilityzard plays multiple non-gx attackers and only plays reshizard if necessary. People have been testing out Ability Reshizard without Reshizard lately lol

3.) Gusting up Mew sounds good and easy on paper but remember you aren't attacking into their giratina/main attacker meaning they will have prize trade advantage over you or attack with any other attacker. Also custom catcher isn't the easiest thing to draw out and play when you are trying to set up your board state and attacking every turn vs Malamar. Pikarom/Abilityzard can boast this because they don't need much to set up fast and attacking consistently.

4.) Setting up, We still don't know your decklist because you are claiming it's good without going into ANY and i repeat ANY detail about it. Only "It wins and that's all" Hey I have a secret Galvantuala deck that wins. Dont worry about the details or decklist just know that Galvantuala will win you league cups because it's good.

5.) Trust me, don't try to pull the "I've won tournaments all over" It doesn't make you look good when you want to talk about a decklist or go into detail of a deck you aren't showing us.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
I 1 shot charizard with Articuno GX in most scenarios. And my friends with starter decks, Cody Walenski took second at worlds and you’re saying he has a starter deck?! I’ve spent hours on this list, I’ve tested this one, like no others, this deck gets the job done in most match ups. I’m unbeaten with it against malamar. They struggle for a prize card.
My uncle works at nintendo too and there is totally a mew under the truck

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
You realize this is what he wanted... He had no list, just a theory. He was waiting for us to post our lists so he could use them

I think this is true. Just from his responses it doesn't sound like he has an actual list, just getting ideas so that he can test it out. Which there is absolutely nothing wrong with, just we have a deck garage for that. And it's ok to take criticism for a deck starting out.

Pokeman

I repeat the deck list is complete. I will post the list to you down the line.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
I repeat the deck list is complete. I will post the list to you down the line.

No it's not. If it was you would've posted it in the beginning. Every single response to you in this thread has been either asking for the decklist or mocking you. All people are asking for is the decklist which you are afraid to post because we will play it again and tell you how bad it is...AGAIN Last thread you were utterly convinced your deck was good until we played it then you had a change of heart. It'll be the same for this list too. All of us would not be so hard on you if you just post a simple list and stop bragging about how good it is without going into detail

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I love how this is somehow turning into a trial on whether or not the list is even real or not, lol. Can someone change the title of this thread to "Turnabout TCG" or something like that?

Real talk though, does down the line mean "soon" or "later" here? I feel like the sooner the better so this whole situation is resolved. Itll make it a lot easier on everyone, especially you. In fact, maybe the feedback you'd receive could possibly even HELP your chances on getting that league cup win. Perhaps people would want to test this deck with you on TCGO or something. You asked for questions and/or feedback, and despite this you just reject any skepticism and assert that this deck is an incredible sleeper choice that could counter the meta, yet this is already starting to be disproven.

People out here are fully willing to give that feedback as long as you actually allow it to happen.

Sharkrai

Aspiring Trainer
I’m just throwing out the idea to you all, is what I am doing, so you can build your own list of the deck and see how well it works for yourself, I’ve given out countless cards I PLAY in my deck, I for one would like to discuss with someone who see this deck idea and is like **** I need to work on a list for this deck ASAP and get some general ideas what I should be playing. Then talk about the deck and how it does for you what you play in your own list aside from m mine that makes it work for you! This is discussion about the deck after you build and play test with it, the deck is simple to figure out if you’re good at building decks and understand the game.
No offense, but I'd like to mention that people probably won't offer their own deck list ideas if you don't as well. Same as you, those that do create their own decklists may wanna keep them secret just the same, or won't want to share their own if you aren't willing to do the same. So the conversation you're looking for, sorry to say, probably won't go according to the script...

Pokeman

No it's not. If it was you would've posted it in the beginning. Every single response to you in this thread has been either asking for the decklist or mocking you. All people are asking for is the decklist which you are afraid to post because we will play it again and tell you how bad it is...AGAIN Last thread you were utterly convinced your deck was good until we played it then you had a change of heart. It'll be the same for this list too. All of us would not be so hard on you if you just post a simple list and stop bragging about how good it is without going into detail

I understand you want the list, it’s just not happening at this time, it doesn’t make sense to give a internet world knowledge of a deck that should be tier 2 or more, it’s that good. Rowlet and Eggs was extremely good against my friends Pikarom deck, but I wasn’t fully back into the game to know the format that well, I did well with the deck for the most part, but it wasn’t a deck I’d recommend again, this deck I highly recommend. I’ve been to a dozen tournaments since I’ve been back, I know the format, I know all of the meta/popular decks and this deck here gets through most and that’s a fact. Just look how heavily relied on GX abilities are. Decks thirst on average 3 dedennes. You get your first Glaceon going and it dies you bring up your second hand attach water, play welder, lay down a fresh and healthy reset stamp and the disruption has already taken effect. Late game drop Cyrus to force your opponent to put Pokémon in their deck and make their deck bulky. Then drop another reset stamp and their going to start struggling. It’s a deck that I agree doesn’t hit the hardest, unless you’re going against 70% of the format which is fire, then you’re swinging on anything for 180, because you and I know there is no chance that fire is playing weakness guard energy. It’s a disruption deck, not specifically a 1 shot type of deck, but it can be, against fire and also easy win against malamar. My friend won a cup last Saturday with his list, I 5-0 him every time we play for fun! Mewtwo & Mew is covered with glaceon GX’s op ability. It’s the fact he has a quick charge and a op power and water Pokémon to work with him that makes him as good as I’m stating. Reset stamp (especially this card) and judge plus Cyrus are beautiful tools to its dispensary. You’re opponent is going to struggle hard late game and that is when you take advantage and win. Similar concept was Greninja BREAK, which I used to play, was you’re opponent had advantage early game, but struggled to come through in the end.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
I understand you want the list, it’s just not happening at this time, it doesn’t make sense to give a internet world knowledge of a deck that should be tier 2 or more, it’s that good. Rowlet and Eggs was extremely good against my friends Pikarom deck, but I wasn’t fully back into the game to know the format that well, I did well with the deck for the most part, but it wasn’t a deck I’d recommend again, this deck I highly recommend. I’ve been to a dozen tournaments since I’ve been back, I know the format, I know all of the meta/popular decks and this deck here gets through most and that’s a fact. Just look how heavily relied on GX abilities are. Decks thirst on average 3 dedennes. You get your first Glaceon going and it dies you bring up your second hand attach water, play welder, lay down a fresh and healthy reset stamp and the disruption has already taken effect. Late game drop Cyrus to force your opponent to put Pokémon in their deck and make their deck bulky. Then drop another reset stamp and their going to start struggling. It’s a deck that I agree doesn’t hit the hardest, unless you’re going against 70% of the format which is fire, then you’re swinging on anything for 180, because you and I know there is no chance that fire is playing weakness guard energy. It’s a disruption deck, not specifically a 1 shot type of deck, but it can be, against fire and also easy win against malamar. My friend won a cup last Saturday with his list, I 5-0 him every time we play for fun! Mewtwo & Mew is covered with glaceon GX’s op ability. It’s the fact he has a quick charge and a op power and water Pokémon to work with him that makes him as good as I’m stating. Reset stamp (especially this card) and judge plus Cyrus are beautiful tools to its dispensary. You’re opponent is going to struggle hard late game and that is when you take advantage and win. Similar concept was Greninja BREAK, which I used to play, was you’re opponent had advantage early game, but struggled to come through in the end.

Cool!! So for the record you have no intention of posting the decklist (because it doesn't exist), despite claiming it's good. You have only one good matchup against Mewthree and that's all. I'll stop asking for a decklist that doesn't exist. Because you've never played it nor built it. Good luck building it and good luck along the way :)

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
+Look, I’ve won an imaginary League Cup with my imaginary deck!
- I’ve pulled an imaginary Shiny Charizard GX!

Can I also say how gamebreaking is Dual Type Galvantula only because it 2 shots 2 Shaymin EX/Manaphy EX?

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
Come on mate, how much testing have you even done with this deck, if it exists? Last time I checked, you were saying it's a meta-killer that autowins against Mew3 and Malamar, and now it's "at least Tier 2"?

I like crappy, rogue decks myself, I'd love to test this idea out, but I'm not gonna go with "dude trust me" if I'm supposed to invest in minimum 3 Eevee GX. A lot of decks sound really good in theory (I once built the TEU Lycanrock Lock deck...) but they aren't always great in practice. The deck you are describing sounds great, as long as the other player doesn't play any Supporters, Items and has no tech cards in their deck.

If you don't wanna share a list, fine; but give us a specific game that you actually played against the decks you mention, tell us specifically how much you have played with it, where (was it a friendly? Actually cups/challenges? PTCGO? Or just on your own, against an imaginary opponent?) and maybe some data (E.g. won against X Mew3, lost Y times due to Z).

I'm still not sure what you expected here, you said "here's three cards, they beat all meta in a vacuum, what you think"... we want to know more, but your arrogance is annoying and unhelpful.

Last edited:

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
I compiled a list of what he has said so far.

4 Glaceon GX (presumably)
4 Eevee GX (presumably)
Dewgong
"straight eevee GX cards for the basics, no others are needed." so... no seal?
Articuno GX even though no other basics are needed
4 Welder (presumably)
1 Cyrus
4 Cherish Ball
"Blizzard Town/Viridian split" so 2-2? or 3-3?
4 Pokegear 3.0 (presumably)
4 Judge ("consistent amount of of each supporters")
Jirachi (with this, maybe some switches or escape boards?) I'm going to assume 4
switch (based on jirachi) I'm going with the usual 3-2 split
escape board (based on jirachi)
8 Fire energy (because 4 welder)
2 Water energy because he said he attacked with articuno.

So right now we are at (roughly) 50 cards.
Just add in some seal that I'm pretty sure he plays and bump it to a 2-2 and then you are at 53.
Anyone have any ideas what the other 7 cards are?
This is like a puzzle, guys.
Maybe more energy?
A 9-4?
56 cards.
Oh, custom catchers.
That's 60.
We can test it now, guys!

So 3-3 glaceon and 7-4 energy.
Those welders look consistent...
Also at least 2 stamps...
Maybe 4...
For 60.

Guys, I'm not building the deck, I'm just compiling all the different cards he has said into 1 "list."

Also how does an articuno that does 130 (260 with weakness) one shot a reshizard with 270 hp?
Do you just rely on your opponent benching the reshizard and letting your glaceon hit it for a turn with 30?

The Last Shaymin

Floof
So 3-3 glaceon and 7-4 energy.
Those welders look consistent...
Also at least 2 stamps...
Maybe 4...
For 60.

Guys, I'm not building the deck, I'm just compiling all the different cards he has said into 1 "list."

Also how does an articuno that does 130 (260 with weakness) one shot a reshizard with 270 hp?
Do you just rely on your opponent benching the reshizard and letting your glaceon hit it for a turn with 30?
idk, maybe he runs shrine

I think the deck can actually work, but it is kind of bad now due to the only relevant ability being dedenne and mewmew. eevee gx gets oneshotted like its paper and energy eveloution eevee doesnt exist.

so i dont think it is tier 2+. It is not good with the current selection of cards, and we dont even have a decklist yet

oh yeah can we have your decklist please thank you very much

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.