Discussion Unveiling my NEWEST favorite deck! Best Meta Counter I’ve ever built!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s very effective! I’m not one to need to hold anyone’s hand and tutor how to build a deck, I’m saying not only does it work it’s a gem deck to build.

Ok i'll play this game... AGAIN lol last deck you provided(the Rowlett eggs/Beedrill) was bad. really really bad. If you want help on your deck or ideas thrown your way put it in Deck garage. Here's the Link: https://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/ptcg-deck-garage.154/

In terms of this being a good deck or not. I STRONGLY doubt it as well because you aren't taking alot of things in the current metagame into account. And you aren't showing a list because you don't want us to play it again and tell you how bad it is.

If you wish to prove any of my words incorrect post your decklist and explain it in greater detail so we can test it out :)

Ok. I am just going to recap everything because we cant get it into your head.

If you are going to post something stating how "good" something is, you need to back it up with some evidence. You do know what evidence means, right? It means supplying information that proves a certain point. What we have seen is somebody providing little to no evidence in multiple threads while stating simply that the deck is good. You are staking a claim and not supporting it, so your argument is invalid.

What you could do is upload your decklist into the deck garage thread and request ideas and provide useful discussion. Only after you posted your decklist in your last thread did the real discussion start. Right now, you have a bunch of somewhat salty people hating on you and your non existent deck.

Lets say that I posted a new deck idea that I had under competitive forums.
{
hi i have a new deck idea

it might be bad but idk

it uses the keckleon with multiple types and the 4x weakness azelf

can you guys help me with it
}

Although these 2 threads, this one and the example above are mostly the same thing, no decklist with just some cards listed out, the example thread has something different than yours. it provides a reason to discuss with each other. This is an online forum. it exists solely to communicate and provide information with others. This thread accomplishes neither of these reasons. It provides no information and no reason to discuss.

A common theme I have been noticing with your threads is that you say that the deck is good, but it is only good against 1 or 2 decks. If a deck cannot compete against multiple types of decks, it is not actually good. This is the exact reason why people spend hours upon hours testing to get their deck just right, but I am thinking you have just tested against 2 decks and called it "yeah, it wins the autowin, sounds good enough."

So, if you are going to post another one of these threads, can you PLEASE provide a decklist and some cold hard reasons why it might be competitive instead of posting 3 cards and saying it's just good?

Thanks.

-Shaymin

So how does this win the mally matchup?
You use blizzard and hope that they don't have a forest?
How do you get it when you need it?
How do you get the cyrus when you need it?
Doesn't seem very consistent to me.

Playing poke gear 3.0, I get welder or judge or whatever I need from playing a consistent amount of each supporters I play, Jirachi stellar wish and I I use my own Viridian forests as well

Playing poke gear 3.0, I get welder or judge or whatever I need from playing a consistent amount of each supporters I play, Jirachi stellar wish and I I use my own Viridian forests as well
Great decklist, i love it.

so I think you should cut down on some energy. ~30 seems a bit much.

Malamar matches are easy, all you use is custom catcher being up malamar, Frost Bullet for the knock out 3 on a inkay. Also Dewgong 60 to two Pokémon. Using that after I swing with Frost Bullet a few times to get multiple knock outs!

As a former full time Glaceon player Glaceon really went down after rotation this is due to the loss of energy evolution eevee and double colorless energy. If another energy evolution eevee is printed he could see a comeback if the meta allows so. At this current point in time I don’t think that Glaceon is that good even with welder.

It’s very effective! I’m not one to need to hold anyone’s hand and tutor how to build a deck, I’m saying not only does it work it’s a gem deck to build.
It's like you're assuming we're all looking to have our hands be held. That's not the case, as MANY people have said, including myself, the execution is everything. Sure, your concept is there, but just telling us "Guys, my deck is good believe me it wins!" Isn't going to convince anybody. For all we know, your matches could have been just lucky wins. Nobody wants their hands to be held. We're interested and/or skeptical in your concept, and we want to know the execution. You only just now mention you're playing Jirachi, that's a vital part of the deck nobody would have known about. The proof is in the pudding-you can't just tell us something is good without explaining why. Vague descriptions don't cut its-a list with detailed information about what you do and why would help with so much of this discussion.

Isnt there a victini that can search for two different energy and attach them to one of your pokemon? You could use that.

Isnt there a victini that can search for two different energy and attach them to one of your pokemon? You could use that.
It’s not competitive though. On top of having to open with it it’s too slow in a meta as fast as ours. If you go first you won’t get to ramp energy until your second turn and you don’t get to use the Pokémon your attached energy to until your third turn. While competitive deck were probably set up before the victims even got to attack.

You sound like a 10 year old who thinks hes the best at smash bros but has never played anyone other than their brother. Post the decklist for people to critique or do the thing the ninja boy guy does and post your list and tell everyone how wrong they are when they try to fix it.

Besides, how can i play it without a list?

I compiled a list of what he has said so far.

4 Glaceon GX (presumably)
4 Eevee GX (presumably)
Dewgong
"straight eevee GX cards for the basics, no others are needed." so... no seal?
Articuno GX even though no other basics are needed
4 Welder (presumably)
1 Cyrus
4 Cherish Ball
"Blizzard Town/Viridian split" so 2-2? or 3-3?
4 Pokegear 3.0 (presumably)
4 Judge ("consistent amount of of each supporters")
Jirachi (with this, maybe some switches or escape boards?) I'm going to assume 4
switch (based on jirachi) I'm going with the usual 3-2 split
escape board (based on jirachi)
8 Fire energy (because 4 welder)
2 Water energy because he said he attacked with articuno.

So right now we are at (roughly) 50 cards.
Just add in some seal that I'm pretty sure he plays and bump it to a 2-2 and then you are at 53.
Anyone have any ideas what the other 7 cards are?
This is like a puzzle, guys.
Maybe more energy?
A 9-4?
56 cards.
Oh, custom catchers.
That's 60.
We can test it now, guys!

I compiled a list of what he has said so far.

4 Glaceon GX (presumably)
4 Eevee GX (presumably)
Dewgong
"straight eevee GX cards for the basics, no others are needed." so... no seal?
Articuno GX even though no other basics are needed
4 Welder (presumably)
1 Cyrus
4 Cherish Ball
"Blizzard Town/Viridian split" so 2-2? or 3-3?
4 Pokegear 3.0 (presumably)
4 Judge ("consistent amount of of each supporters")
Jirachi (with this, maybe some switches or escape boards?) I'm going to assume 4
switch (based on jirachi) I'm going with the usual 3-2 split
escape board (based on jirachi)
8 Fire energy (because 4 welder)
2 Water energy because he said he attacked with articuno.

So right now we are at (roughly) 50 cards.
Just add in some seal that I'm pretty sure he plays and bump it to a 2-2 and then you are at 53.
Anyone have any ideas what the other 7 cards are?
This is like a puzzle, guys.
Maybe more energy?
A 9-4?
56 cards.
Oh, custom catchers.
That's 60.
We can test it now, guys!

You realize this is what he wanted... He had no list, just a theory. He was waiting for us to post our lists so he could use them

Well you’re on the right track with the deck, no I only play 3-3 Glaceon GX & the energies are actually 7 fire 4 water. And I have the list, I don’t need or use others decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back