New Full Art Promos Coming to Japan!

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
I love Lillie and Guzma, but....really???? MORE full arts? Forget that Hapu didn't get a full art but MANIAC of all characters did, here's more Lillies. fudge off.

JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
I love that Lillie artwork. Can't wait to pick up one for my collection, though it's not going to be an especially playable card anymore come Sword & Shield.

Wechselbalg

brb
I dunno where you've been the last two years then.

The first one was cropped in a very awkward way and the character looked way too flat despite the perspective the illustrator was going for. The background consisted of random splashes of paint.

The second one looked slightly better but didn't have the personality usually associated with Guzma.

This third version is clearly superior to both of them: full body illustration in a perspective that actually looks good on a playing card and suits the character. The colorful background makes Guzma pop out due to him mostly wearing black and white and the style goes with the Team Skull and "hip-hop misfits" theme. The picture also features his signature pokemon which is drawn in a way that blends well with the rest of the patterns in the background. The direction the patterns follow also flow with the perspective the character is depicted in and further enhances the "pop out" effect.

Last edited:

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Probably won't even get these in English, they're running out of time to get SM stuff out as it is. RIP

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Probably won't even get these in English, they're running out of time to get SM stuff out as it is. RIP
I'm betting it's gonna be a big Premium Trainer's Sun and Moon box coming next year, along with all those SR's from SM12a. At least that's the only conclusion I can come up with, basing it off past history.

autogatos

Aspiring Trainer
The first one was cropped in a very awkward way and the character looked way too flat despite the perspective the illustrator was going for. The background consisted of random splashes of paint.

The second one looked slightly better but didn't have the personality usually associated with Guzma.

This third version is clearly superior to both of them: full body illustration in a perspective that actually looks good on a playing card and suits the character. The colorful background makes Guzma pop out due to him mostly wearing black and white and the style goes with the Team Skull and "hip-hop misfits" theme. The picture also features his signature pokemon which is drawn in a way that blends well with the rest of the patterns in the background. The direction the patterns follow also flow with the perspective the character is depicted in and further enhances the "pop out" effect.
Personally I love the original FA. The values in this new one are kinda all over the place so he blends into the background more. There’s more contrast between him and the bg in the first one because of the lighter/cooler toned background.

Not saying one is objectively better than the other, taste is subjective. I just prefer the style of the first one, personally.