New Pokemon Officially Announced, But It's a Glitched Image!

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
It seems that some fans have finally got what they've been wishing for. Now, you can only hope that it's at least slightly competitive (although, if it's only ability is Steadfast, that wish may already be dead. Here's hoping for a good Hidden Ability, although the existence of Sirfetch'd feels more like fan service than anything else so we'll have to see).

Interesting that it's version exclusive, so that means that there'll probably be at least one Shield exclusive Galarian Evolution/Form or a few for both games.

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
It's not bad, but nowhere near the Gen 2 concept. It also doesn't really look like an "improvement" over Farfetch'd.

JoJo eyebrows tho.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
It's interesting to note that with this reveal, this brings the amount of revealed new Pokemon/Forms to 23. On the other hand, between the reveal date of Sun and Moon (Feb 26th) and it's release date (Nov 18th), about 85 new Pokemon/forms were revealed. In fact, by Sept 20th 2016, they had revealed 58 new Pokemon/forms.

Hopefully this means that Pokemon is conserving their reveals so that we can be mostly surprised by the new Pokemon when the games come out but it could also be an omen that like Gen 6, this generation might feature a lack of new Pokemon, hopefully the former and not the latter.

AmbientDinosaur

Aspiring Trainer
It seems that some fans have finally got what they've been wishing for. Now, you can only hope that it's at least slightly competitive (although, if it's only ability is Steadfast, that wish may already be dead. Here's hoping for a good Hidden Ability, although the existence of Sirfetch'd feels more like fan service than anything else so we'll have to see).

Interesting that it's version exclusive, so that means that there'll probably be at least one Shield exclusive Galarian Evolution/Form or a few for both games.
It might keep the hidden ability of Farfetch'd, Defiant. It is definitely an ability that fits Sirfetch'd, so I can see that happening.

Kawaki

Aspiring Trainer
But now all I want to know is what the Pokemon Shield exclusive Galarian Pokemon will be!!

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
It's not bad, but nowhere near the Gen 2 concept. It also doesn't really look like an "improvement" over Farfetch'd.

JoJo eyebrows tho.
You for real bro this farfeched hasnt had a carb since kanto and been training every day since... hes put on about 80 pounds of pure muscle - this is legit lol

Plus that leek lance gonna be some awesome fan art of everything from magikarps to wailords skewered on that bad boy!

Im just most interested to see if there is a sheild exclusive verison like lady-fetched

fleshrum

Cephalophore
It might keep the hidden ability of Farfetch'd, Defiant. It is definitely an ability that fits Sirfetch'd, so I can see that happening.

Steadfast isn't the worst ability, either. Makes it a less desirable target for fake out, which it might learn as well... I'm intrigued. Plus now farfetch'd can carry eviolite.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Steadfast isn't the worst ability, either. Makes it a less desirable target for fake out, which it might learn as well... I'm intrigued. Plus now farfetch'd can carry eviolite.

Fake out is rather niche these days and it means that unless a Pokemon on the opponent's team has Fake Out and Fake Out is used on Sirfetch'd or you correctly predict it's use and switch Sirfetch'd in, then Sirfetch'd might as well have no ability.

As for Farfetch'd carrying Eviolite, even with Farfetch'd gaining 50% more defences, Farfetch'd isn't anything spectacular, with only it's Sp Def of 93 (with Eviolite) being in the lower quarter of the top 300 Pokemon with the highest Sp Def stat, whereas none of it's other stats are. I'm also curious as to whether or not it can use Eviolite in Pokemon Shield. It probably will due to Sirfetch'd being in the game, despite being unobtainable in the game itself without trading but I'm still curious since Farfetch'd seems to be the first Pokemon to receive an evolution in one game but not in it's counterpart.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
I can accept the fact that this is a new evolution. (And I quite like it!) But what I wouldn’t have been able to accept is if this had been a Galarian form for Farfetch’d. This whole time waiting for the reveal, I was like... you’re telling me Farfetch’d gets a Knight-like Galarian form and Gardevoir doesn’t?! Its name is literally “Sirnight” in Japanese! But okay. Kerfuffle averted.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Him smacking your dumb face for waving that cat toy at him is the best. This boi is on my team.

Wavestripe

Med Student
You ever just look at a new pokemon and think....wow...this is seriously one of the reasons that the national pokedex/a favorite was left out?
Life is suffering

Wavestripe

Med Student
It's interesting to note that with this reveal, this brings the amount of revealed new Pokemon/Forms to 23. On the other hand, between the reveal date of Sun and Moon (Feb 26th) and it's release date (Nov 18th), about 85 new Pokemon/forms were revealed. In fact, by Sept 20th 2016, they had revealed 58 new Pokemon/forms.

Hopefully this means that Pokemon is conserving their reveals so that we can be mostly surprised by the new Pokemon when the games come out but it could also be an omen that like Gen 6, this generation might feature a lack of new Pokemon, hopefully the former and not the latter.

We already know this is going to be a pretty small gen based on Melmetal's pokedex number unfortunately

Edit: The number that we got for his file as a placeholder in go, not the officially revealed one that we have now

Animegamer420

Aspiring Trainer
I'd like to see some galarian gen 4 or gen 5 pokemon. Also, it really bothers me when they add a new evolution to an old pokemon but don't add a region specific mechanic or new item to evolve. If 'lots of battles' are why it evolves that means the other regions' should have been able to evolve too. With glaceon and with rhyperior there was a new location and a new item respectively. This seems super lazy and ignores lore

Also my autocorrect changed glaceon to flareon... weird

Last edited:

The Fish

0.o
So he's exclusive to Pokemon Sword. Can we get a Dunsparce Evolution that's exclusive to Pokemon Shield?

Midnight

Aspiring Trainer
Yep and one more time the leak was real so i just assumed upon team yell reveal that all of that its true so not realy suprised or anything but im astonished that he has only fighting type not flying/fighting