• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Seamonsters

Makvi

Aspiring Trainer
Hello fellow pokémon trainers.
I have made this Seamonters deck (basicly a deck with watertype Pokémon) which I would like some help with. It isn’t as consistent as I would like it to be and it is a bit slow at getting started.
The basics of the deck, is this:
My Keldeo GX, Articuno GX, Kingdra GX og Lapras are my attacking pokémons.
Lapras for the other Keldeos / other GX and EX immune Pokémon.
Articuno GX for when my active Pokémon is in a pinch, so that I can play Articuno from my hand and switch it in.
Keldeo GX for obvious reasons and finally kingdra GX for damage.
My supporting pokémons are as following(These work best, when benched):
Wooper / Qaugsire, I have added these Pokémon for Quagsires ability to “As often as you like during your turn (before you attack), you may move a water energy from I of your benched Pokémon to your active Pokémon” I use this ability to put as many water energy on (mostly) lapras and Kingdra, because they more x amount of damage pr. Water energy card attached to them.
Then there is my popplio / Brionne / Primarina, I once again added these Pokémon for Primarinas ability to “Whenever you attach an energy card from your hand to I of your Pokémon, except with an attack, Ability, or Trainer card, attach up to 2 energy cards to that Pokémon instead of I” - This allows me, to more quickly, get more energy cards attached to my Pokémon, so that Quagsire can move them around.
I will let the supporter cards talk for themselves.
I hope some fellow Trainers will help me, in my persuit of improvement  any advice on improvement or otherwise changes are greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 21

* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154
* 2 Articuno-GX CES 154
* 2 Horsea DRM 15
* 2 Keldeo-GX UNM 47
* 2 Lapras TEU 31
* 2 Popplio LOT 64
* 2 Wooper DRM 25
* 1 Brionne LOT 66
* 2 Quagsire DRM 26
* 1 Seadra DRM 17
* 2 Kingdra-GX DRM 18
* 2 Primarina LOT 67

##Trainer Cards - 24

* 2 Cherish Ball UNM 191
* 1 Lady FLI 109
* 4 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 1 Fisherman CES 130
* 2 Pokémon Fan Club UPR 133
* 4 Rare Candy CES 142
* 2 Switch Raft DRM 62
* 1 Sky Pillar CES 144
* 1 Crasher Wake FLI 104
* 2 Cynthia UPR 148
* 1 Lysandre Labs FLI 111
* 1 Lillie UPR 125
* 2 Acro Bike CES 123

##Energy - 15

* 15 Water Energy SMEnergy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

You have too many Pokemon lines for this deck to be consistent. However, you might be able to do something with Keldeo-GX and Quagsire. How about Keldeo-GX, Quagsire, and Naganadel?

I think there's good ideas in the deck, but it's way too cluttered. Kingdra-GX has an incredible attack, but at the cost of being a stage 2. I think if you want to work this out in standard, here's what I suggest:

-Naganadel/Quagsire for energy acceleration.
-Make it so you put Kingdra in the discard pile and use Mewtwo/Mew GX to bypass the stage 2 requirement.
-Keldeo works decently, Articuno isn't bad either. Get rid of the Popplio line, and get rid of Horsea/Seadra. Maybe have Keldeo or Articuno has a one of.

Make your trainer cards rather discard heavy so you can get water energy and the kingdra GX in the discard pile. You need a more consistent setup (although I don't know how to work that in standard.)

I'd also suggest, if interested, looking into Archie's Blastoise in expanded. It's basically the same idea your deck has, but it's very fast, consistent, and accelerates energy at a better rate than most other decks do. That's just me though.

Back