First TCG Cards of Grookey, Sobble, Scorbunny, Zacian V, Zamazenta V!

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
I'll be really honest, V card looks far better than than the GXs and I would say EXs because card text doesn't take literally half of the artwork. That been said I hope they maintain that way and also make sure the artworks have textured artwork as well like it was done for EXs and GXs.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Am I the one person who doesn't mind yellow borders? I can't see the English TCG without them, and just like the backs, I like keeping that part consistent for the past two decades.

Dusk Form Lycanroc

Champion of Alola
I love the design of the cards, they aren't that different from Sun & Moon but different enough to feel like its different (If that makes any sense) and i must have that #31 Scorbunny art.

Monteluno

Aspiring Trainer
About the arkwork:

I really hope the full art versions of the new V cards looks way better than the FA GX of SM, which were bland and boring. On SM most of standard art cards looks actually better than the FA cards. It just seemed like they didn't put more effort into it. There are exceptions but still... I just hope they will change that on SWSH

And please NO MORE rainbow cards!

As far as Trainers go... I really hope they will still keep doing the SR items, a FA for every trainer in the set, and SR Stadiums as well.

Gabs Kazumi

Amateur Illustrator @kazumi.draws
The black details in the V-cards are better than the details of Pokémon-GX, imo. The only thing that bothers me is the "fixed" Name/HP bar at the top.

GX cards have a smooth transition between the illustration and the background of the card that lets the Pokémon "pop out" of the card (and that's one of the greatest things for me since the Ancient Traits cards design brought us these kind of transitions in Primal Clash), while the V-cards have that ugly line cutting the illustration.

Looks like Zacian/Zamazenta are imprisoned in the card, it's strange >.>

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
white outlines are offsetting, and it looks much... “younger,” but it brings back an old sort of basic, retro feel.
And then they brought V. If the basic cards are your retiring boomers, then this is the millennial walking his dog with an iced mocha. It’s offsetting, and I personally don’t think it fits. I feel like the V, GX, EX and all those special mechanic cards should really fit in more with the regular cards, to give a sort of unity between the types. Then you could advertise the full arts rather than the regular arts— it’s a strange theory, but I kind of want to go back to the days when EX was just ex.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
And then they brought V. If the basic cards are your retiring boomers, then this is the millennial walking his dog with an iced mocha. It’s offsetting, and I personally don’t think it fits. I feel like the V, GX, EX and all those special mechanic cards should really fit in more with the regular cards, to give a sort of unity between the types. Then you could advertise the full arts rather than the regular arts— it’s a strange theory, but I kind of want to go back to the days when EX was just ex.
I don't mind Pokemon-V personally, despite looking different to what we're used to. I usually put all of my ultras next to eachother instead of having them in a complete set. I tend to agree in that I like the ultra rares that fit more with regular cards, though (I think regular EX's from BW/XY actually did this well, by taking the format of a basic and giving it extra detail, while still being identifiable due to the body of the card. Primes, Lv. X did it very well too). With me though, as long as they're good collectibles (i.e not rainbow rares and gold items) I don't mind what they try out. So far I'm loving the black borders, and the renders on Zacian and Zamazenta look great (They're even growing on me as legendaries because of it).

I think Sun and Moon's full arts did a good job with unity between the types. The consistent background on them all allows for some really nice setups, having them all together in one collection. It's a good example of a card that while looking different than the standard, still has it's own unique merit to it in that it creates a nice, pleasing to the eye collection.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Almost like a Neo version of the Sun and Moon cards; well that's not too bad for the Sword and Shield cards. Though Sobble's weakness of Lightning highly suggests that all the Water types may have their Grass Weakness reverted back to Lightning, and if that does happen, it would be interesting to see how Rock/Water type Pokémon Omanyte, Omastar, Kabuto, Kabutops, Corsola, Relicanth, Tirtouga, Carracosta and other Rock/Water types play out. Could they be getting Lightning Weaknesses or will the Rock types get Fire Resistance to separate them from the Ground types seeing that both Rock and Ground are represented as Fighting in the Trading Card Game?

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
Am I the one person who doesn't mind yellow borders? I can't see the English TCG without them, and just like the backs, I like keeping that part consistent for the past two decades.

Nope, I'm with you. I prefer to have yellow borders.

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
.... so, nobody is going to mention that Zacian V and Zamazenta V cards don't say "Basic" on the top left corner??
Are they Basic?? Or are they evolutions?? We don't know yet.

Maybe TPCi is hiding that like they did with Solgaleo and Lunala.

Lechu v 2017

Pokemon connoisseur
... so, nobody is going to mention that Zacian V and Zamazenta V cards don't say "Basic" on the top left corner??
Are they Basic?? Or are they evolutions?? We don't know yet.

Maybe TPCi is hiding that like they did with Solgaleo and Lunala.
They're supposed gods, they don't need little reminders that they're basic pokemon.

HolofoilStarmie

Leading expert on something, I bet
Previously I had been hoping for a more significantly different design but seeing these now I really like them, still very clean and sharp, nice borders and the white outline on the energy is nice too. I also really like the new layout for the flavour text, I'm glad it didn't vanish again since I always worry about that lol.