Lillie Regionals Promo!

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Starting to get really tired of this trend. I'd prefer these in normal sets because I haven't enjoyed this card game in almost over 3 years. I'd love the cute alternate arts - but I'm not going to invest and play in this meta to get them.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
How are we getting the non promo version though?
Id say you wont - like all the other league promo trainer alternate arts! Hmm i was gonna go to sheffield this weekend for my regional (uk), but decided not to travel as done ok at 2 recent league cups... but regret this now

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Starting to get really tired of this trend. I'd prefer these in normal sets because I haven't enjoyed this card game in almost over 3 years. I'd love the cute alternate arts - but I'm not going to invest and play in this meta to get them.

So...eBay?

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
125a/156 numbering means it's considered a reprint of Ultra Prism Lillie, yes.

Wolfgirl90

Professor Luna
r

The point is we shouldn't have these ripped from their sets for this purpose. It just makes them more expensive than they should be.

They are doing it this way because if this card was released with the other Sky Legends cards, then the legality would reset and Lillie would remain in the format for *at least* another year.

I don't think that Lillie was removed from Unified Minds/Hidden Fates just to be a Regionals promo. But rather, having it as a Regionals promo allows players to get an alt art that otherwise wasn't going to be released at all.

Also, these days, the promo is given out in various ways beyond playing in the main event. There are often side events where participants can get one (or a whole playset). Plus, you can trade for one. There are multiple ways of getting this promo at the event besides actually playing in it.

Last edited:

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
They are doing it this way because if this card was released with the other Sky Legends cards, then the legality would reset and Lillie would remain in the format for *at least* another year.

I don't think that Lillie was removed from Unified Minds/Hidden Fates just to be a Regionals promo. But rather, having it as a Regionals promo allows players to get an alt art that otherwise wasn't going to be released at all.

Also, these days, the promo is given out in various ways beyond playing in the main event. There are often side events where participants can get one (or a whole playset). Plus, you can trade for one. There are multiple ways of getting this promo at the event besides actually playing in it.

Then they could have easily just put it in some other product, not restrict it to bigger events.