'Alter Genesis,' 'High Class Pack 2019' Sets Announced for Japan!

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
Man I'm getting tired of people saying we have no Stage 2 support when Rare Candy is still in rotation, and we arguably have even more reasons to run it with Trashalanche out of the format.

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
Man I'm getting tired of people saying we have no Stage 2 support when Rare Candy is still in rotation, and we arguably have even more reasons to run it with Trashalanche out of the format.

Cherish Ball
Tag Whistle
Tag Switch
Welder
Zeraora GX
ANY stadium from S/M

yeah i sure love stage 2 support. all of these can only apply to 3 or 4 stage 2's each.

Atrac059

Aspiring Trainer
Is it just me, or does a non OHKO or game disrupting GX attack pretty much seem worthless at this point? I mean, unless it completely resets play or throws a huge curve ball into the match, why even play it?

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
Flygon seems good.
It has Red and Blue to accelerate and diancie and dojo to do extra damage.
I believe dojo works before you discard it in the same way you can lost zone the beast energy on blace and still get the +30. Judges?
It's like a non-tag team GX that hits tag team #s and has tag team HP.
Prize trades will be good.
You will have to get through 3 270+ hp monsters.

juunkmilk

3nd coming
If we can find a good way too power Flygon up it's really good (aside from being a stage 2). I still can't believe we're getting a Flygon GX though like wow.
isnt this just a creative way to say 'flygon gx is a weak card because it's a stage 2 with a high attack cost'

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Flygon seems good.
It has Red and Blue to accelerate and diancie and dojo to do extra damage.
I believe dojo works before you discard it in the same way you can lost zone the beast energy on blace and still get the +30. Judges?
It's like a non-tag team GX that hits tag team #s and has tag team HP.
Prize trades will be good.
You will have to get through 3 270+ hp monsters.

Yes, any effect that is on the Pokémon when the attack begins will carry on. The stadium is actually discarded at the end of the attack phase well after the stadium's effect worked.

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
Rare Candy only goes so far, especially with Ultra Ball out of rotation at the moment. You still need the basic in play to survive a turn, and a specific Pokemon and the specific item of Rare Candy, while Basic decks only need the basics. Also I would argue that Guzma out of the formation is more relevant for running stage 2's than Trashalanche.

iGeek256

I only use Electric types. Help me
It’s not that we don’t have any stage 2 support, it’s that, with almost no Pokémon search options, and things like cherish ball, stage 2s can’t keep up.

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
Hm.

I'd say "based off Karate Belt's text" but that only says it costs one less Fighting energy.

That's... gonna be a tricky one to figure out, for sure.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Sun Power > Solar Power (an ability that the Sunkern line and some other Pokemon get in the games) on Sunflora.