• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Beast Stinger (Naganadel GX / Ultra Necrozma / Nihilego)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
BEAST STINGER

naganadel.png

Pokémon (14):
  • 2 Ultra Necrozma SM12 (beatdown)
  • 2 Naganadel SM11b (beatdown)
  • 2 Naganadel SM5a (beatdown)
  • 4 Poipole SM11b (evolution)
  • 4 Nihilego SM7 (beatdown)
Trainer (32):
  • 4 Guzma & Hala (search)
  • 4 Cynthia (draw)
  • 4 Lillie (draw)
  • 2 Island Challenge Amulet (enable)
  • 4 Mystery Treasure (search)
  • 3 Reset Stamp (disruption)
  • 3 Beastite (beatdown)
  • 4 Acro Bike (draw)
  • 4 Ultra Space (search)
Energy (14):
  • 4 Triple Boost Energy
  • 5 Psychic Energy
  • 1 Beast Energy
  • 4 Unit Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with Nihilego or Poipole. On the second turn use Guzma and Hala to search for a stadium card in addition to Triple Boost Energy and Island Challenge Amulet. Attach Island Challenge Amulet to Naganadel GX and use Stinger GX. This leaves the opponent with three to two two prize cards at the end of their turn. Attack with either Nihilego or Ultra Necrozma to draw the final three prize cards with some assistance from Beastite.

SPOILER:

Ultra Necrozma
Basic Dragon Pokémon (Ultra Beast)
HP: 110
Ability: Ultra Burst
This Pokémon can only attack if your opponent has 2 or fewer prize cards remaining.
[P][M] Destruction Shine: 170
Discard an Energy from your opponent’s Active Pokémon.
Retreat Cost: CC
Weakness: Y

Guzma and Hala
Trainer - Supporter
Search your deck for a stadium card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck. Additionally, when you play this card, you may discard 2 cards from your hand. If you do, you may also search your deck for a Pokemon tool and special energy card, reveal them, and put them into your hand.

Beastite
Trainer - Item (Pokémon Tool)
The attacks of the Ultra Beast this card is attached to do 10 more damage for each prize card you’ve taken to your opponent’s active Pokémon.

Island Challenge Amulet
Trainer - Item
The maximum HP of the Pokémon GX or Pokémon EX this card is attached to is reduced by 100. If this Pokémon is knocked out by damage from the attacks of your opponent’s Pokémon, they take 1 less prize card.

Last edited:

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
I don't think Beastite works like that. Even though you're going down to 3 Prizes, you haven't "taken" any... I could be wrong, though.

Why not run Beast Ring in this? I get that you might not get a chance to use it after Stinger-GX, but if you let your opponent go down to 4-3 prizes before you reset them, you could have your full board set up. The biggest problem with the deck as I see it now is that the attackers, with the exception of Nihilego, need 2 attachments to attack, and Beast Ring could rectify this.

Also, I doubt you'll need 4 Nihilego. I'd probably keep 2 for the occasional prizing issue, but cut the rest.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi FourteenAlmonds,

Thanks for the review. I believe that Beastite can benefit from Stinger GX similar to how Burst GX would increase the damage output of Beastite. Beast Ring does not seem to fit this deck well. You want to achieve a fast Stinger GX to reduce the odds that the opponent can set up a solid line of offense and defense. You want them to be down to two prize cards by the end of their second or third turn to utilize Reset Stamp and reduce their hand size to two cards. This should minimize the likelihood that they have sufficient acceleration to set up two big attackers that can hold their own well. Now you can switch into either Nihilego or Ultra Necrozma to take out one of their big guns. In this scenario Beast Ring does not benefit the deck much. You can afford to attach to a benched Ultra Necrozma turn one because you most likely will be using Triple Boost Energy on Naganadel GX to use Stinger GX. Nihilego one needs a single attachment and Ultra Necrozma would already have an energy attached to it that turn. The two extra Nihilego are essentially there to increase the Pokémon count and act as discard fodder for the other Nagandel GX to help me draw into needed cards.

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
Gotcha, gotcha.

Also, is there a reason why you don't run Unit Energy L/P/M here? There's no Basic Energy search in the deck at present, but G&H can search for Unit Energy if you need it to.

Latte1504

Aspiring Trainer
I believe that Beastite can benefit from Stinger GX similar to how Burst GX would increase the damage output of Beastite
I’m not sure that Burst GX counts as taking a prize. Although inaccurate sometimes, PTCGO doesn’t give a point for using it on an L which would indicate that it isn’t taking a prize.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi Latte1504,

Thanks for the review.

I’m not sure that Burst GX counts as taking a prize. Although inaccurate sometimes, PTCGO doesn’t give a point for using it on an L which would indicate that it isn’t taking a prize.

We will have to see whether Beastite works in that manner. I assume that it is intended to work in that manner.

Wolfe_XD

Metagross :)
Hi Latte1504,

Thanks for the review.

We will have to see whether Beastite works in that manner. I assume that it is intended to work in that manner.

Depends on if discarding the prize counts as taking it, personally I doubt it because otherwise Stinger GX could count as 6 prizes "taken"/removed from prize area.