Guzma & Hala, Walrein, Kommo-o from 'Alter Genesis!'

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
You not being able to use that attack is an effect on you, which Channeler removes.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Channeler does not, however, remove a lock placed on you, because it's a trainer, which you cannot play at all under the lock.

Ghostrickster

Aspiring Trainer
Guzma and Hala is interesting. It seems viable in a few decks, particularly Spiritomb Beasts / UB toolbox decks to grab Ultra Space, Beast Energy or Unit Energy, and Beastite or Escape Board. Aegislash can grab Shrine, Recycle Energy, and Board or Spell Tag.

Ghostrickster

Aspiring Trainer
Also, Kommo-o would be a pretty great card if it wasn't a Stage 2. It's better than Haxorus, and people still tried to make that work. Kommo-o can use Dojo and/or Karate Belt, Zeraora-GX, and Tapu Koko Prism Star. U-Turn Board basically solves the problem of needing to find a Tool every turn. Is it worth it? Not really, but it could be a fun deck that's better than some of the other things people have tried.

J

Juliacoolo

Personally, I find the Guzma & Hala art to be an encouraging sign for Pokemon’s philanthropic efforts. Good on them for outsourcing the gig to a local middle school’s graphics design club.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Ah I see the artist for the lazy tag team card is by Ken Sugimari, he does that all the time with the cards he "designs" Kinda weird they'd keep him as an artist, like seriously?

Not sure if serious?

If you are serious, Ken Sugimori is the lead artist of the Pokemon series. Generally cards that are credited to him in the card game take his stock art that he makes for the series in general and slaps it on some background an intern probably found on Google image search. If Sugimori has any input at all for most of the cards credited to him in the TCG, I'd be surprised honestly.

DashKing

Aspiring Trainer
You could simply use Pal Pad/Pidegetto. Kinda Like the old Seismatoad/Slurpuff decks to loop Channeler

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
Cosmic Eclipse might as well be Control Deck Explosion at this point. We got Clefairy Doll, and now this Walrein! There's so many ridiculous control decks at this point in standard alone (and that's a great thing because with all this power creep we need some balance):
Beheeyem- the sleep variation with Mareep and the sleep stadium becomes great with Clefairy Doll because you can stop your opponent from attacking 75% of the time and when they can poll off a free attack (because you KO something), you just promote a Clefairy Doll instead of a Mareep.
Oranguru- Jessie & James makes this ridiculous. Late game it'll just be reset stamp into a zero card hand and you'll be guaranteed to not draw anything useful because of ice axe.
Walrein- If there's a way to loop Channeler (and don't forget we have Surge so you don't have to waste your only supporter on Channeler every turn), this could be crazy.

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
In expanded you can Archies to Walrein and then complete Trainer lock going second. Pretty sick.

MegaPod_781

Bug Thug
Aw, c’mon, did they really Photoshop me and Hala into that picture together? Why couldn’t they have brought us together for a proper photo shoot? I like hangin’ with that guy!

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
I thought the tag team supporter can't get even worst until I see this art for Guzma and Hala...Might have been better with blank style background with holo treatment