Guzma & Hala, Walrein, Kommo-o from 'Alter Genesis!'

TatsuyaOrimuta

Aspiring Trainer
Walrein has trainer lock. Okay. It's a stage 2 maybe it won't be played... oh and the every other turn thing just makes in unplayable. phew.

Last edited:

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
It's frustrating how close Walrein is to being decent. Unfortunately, having to set up a fragile stage 2 in a format where there are very few tools to do so is not worth the payoff of item lock every other turn.

And then Kommo-o just sucks lol

Artemissy

Aspiring Trainer
Really disappointed in these tag team supporters copy paste artwork. They better have full arts to make up for it. Such a dramatic shift from the amazing art in dream league!

Animegamer420

Aspiring Trainer
They are so lazy with the tag team trainer art, they couldnt draw something original, they just pasted 2 older already used illustrations together with a crappy background

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Guzma & Hala Tag Team - its better search card, Stadium + Special Energy + Tool. Ironically, these 3 cards will be blocked by Honchkrow GX, lol. The ability is basically Chaos Wheel. 4 Geodudes
  • Walrein - we have better Item lock users. Use Beeheyem dude. 2-3 Geodudes
  • Konmo-o - Kommo-NO! Kommo-o bad. 2 Geodudes.

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Guzma & Hala has potential, but I feel like it's not worth playing only for the stadium search. I think if you aren't searching for exactly all 3 cards it's not quite worth playing.

Seems like a bomber support card for Ultra Beast decks though (Ultra Space + Beast Energy + Beastite).

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
In competitive Expanded, Guzma & Hala gives Tropical Beach decks a big boost. Think about it for a bit, then grumble heavily in poor.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Rise my expanded Gengar deck...RISE!

Dimension Valley, recycle energy, spell tag. My boy Koko for that early spread and maybe Giratina, Shrine. The gears are turning...

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Wake me when,

1. Level Ball is reprinted and,
2. A wothwhile stage 2 search card introduced.

Otherwise, these stage 2 attackers feel empty in standard to me. We can't utilize them unless we can actually get them out constistently! >.<

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Good choice in Walrein. Kommo-o was expected.

Unless there's a few new cards in the Japanese reprint set, our current "won't appear in Gen 7 at all" list of victims consists of:
  • Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott
  • Klink, Klang, Klinklang
F

Snowy Lilacs

Aspiring Trainer
Ah I see the artist for the lazy tag team card is by Ken Sugimari, he does that all the time with the cards he "designs" Kinda weird they'd keep him as an artist, like seriously?

Youtuber BigJigglyPanda pointed that out in one of his Pokemon Booster box openings.