'Trevenant-GX Box' in October!

And just when you think we might have gotten rid of XY, you know since we're nearly at SWORD AND SHIELD, they just keep coming back.
And its never phantom forces or flash fire
Just the steam seige trash fire
They didnt put black and white packs in the x y stuff >:-(

I wouldn’t bother to care about removing energies from a Pokémon that will be knocked out lol
I think the point would be that, on their next turn, they would swap out that Pokemon (say a GX) with a non GX. Then you get the 1 prizer, but completely disarm their main attacker.

the first thing i notice is the fudging steam siege booster pack.

who the fudge wants a booster pack from a 3-4 year old set that rotated out of standard like 2 years ago!

JUST MAKE XY "THROWBACK PACK" PRODUCTS! STOP SHOVING XY DOWN OUR THROATS! DAMNIT....Jesus, goddamnit....stop!

My interest in this promo box set was trying to use the card with Mimikyu & Gengar GX to create a Halloween Themed deck. Too bad it's going going to come out early enough for that. Don't know if it would be very competative, but it would be a cool themed deck. Haha. :)

I think the point would be that, on their next turn, they would swap out that Pokemon (say a GX) with a non GX. Then you get the 1 prizer, but completely disarm their main attacker.

If they switched out then no Pokémon would be knocked out (the effect is on the Pokémon, not on the player), assuming the text is correct. But the rest of your point stands, you'd be disarming their main attacker and slowing them down at a crucial time.

Can someone explain why people are saying this is good for MewMew decks? Like as an alternate attacker, or to be copied? And why?

Can someone explain why people are saying this is good for MewMew decks? Like as an alternate attacker, or to be copied? And why?

Mewtwo & Mew's ability allows it to use the attacks of any other GX Pokemon that's either on your bench OR in your discard pile which I assume you already know.

This gives Mewtwo & Mew access to a very highly disruptive attack on top of the other things it runs in its kit (like Latios GX for anti-tag team).

A Welder-based Mewtwo & Mew deck running Reshizard and a bunch of other toolbox Pokemon proved to be one of the better builds, but granted Trevenant & Dusknoir requires all Psychic energy for its first attack, this opens the door for Malamar-based Mewtwo & Mew decks to "take the lead" focusing on Psychic energy acceleration and disruption.

The GX attack is also arguably better than Espeon and Deoxys GX's since the energy costs are substantially lower for the full effect, but the trade off is that you aren't getting an immediate KO and your opponent can play Switch and knockout a 1 prize utility Pokemon (like a Malamar) instead.

The other benefit to it is that you have a Psychic Pokemon that isn't weak to Psychic, so you can front line it even if you don't have Jirachi in play and you aren't ever afraid of Power Plant vs. other Psychic attackers because of it. This also makes Trevenant & Dusknoir GX + Power Plant a pretty powerful deck in its own right for the very same reason.

The GX attack is also arguably better than Espeon and Deoxys GX's since the energy costs are substantially lower for the full effect, but the trade off is that you aren't getting an immediate KO and your opponent can play Switch and knockout a 1 prize utility Pokemon (like a Malamar) instead.

As I said earlier: If they switched out then no Pokémon would be knocked out (the effect is on the Pokémon, not on the player), assuming the text is correct (it would say "At the end of your opponent's next turn, their Active Pokémon will be knocked out" or similar otherwise - the Defending Pokémon refers specifically to the _now_ active Pokémon, so it's an effect on the Pokémon not on the player). Otherwise generally agree with your post.

Some decks don't play switch now a days, and without energies (assuming you're using the plus effect of the GX), heavy ttgxes won't be able to get out of the way in time.
Admittedly it's not useful all the time, but the GX attack, (combined with its disruption) could be pretty useful at times.
(also TT2 GX attack on a TTGX would be funny, cause it's in itself a disruption - get your mon out of active or pay)

Some decks don't play switch now a days, and without energies (assuming you're using the plus effect of the GX), heavy ttgxes won't be able to get out of the way in time.
Admittedly it's not useful all the time, but the GX attack, (combined with its disruption) could be pretty useful at times.
(also TT2 GX attack on a TTGX would be funny, cause it's in itself a disruption - get your mon out of active or pay)
Yep - I do think that if this becomes common (say, as part of Mew Toolbox) switch will go back to being a staple in decks (plus a way to find a switch!)...

Last edited:
Double Custom Catcher and Pale Moon GX is hilarious.

Seems really mediocre. The first attack is good, but Mally is the only deck that can use it, and the GX attack sucks.

Back