'Trevenant-GX Box' in October!

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
GX attack that locks your opponent from playing item cards during their next turn, but for additional energy locks them out from it for the rest of the game.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Trevenant and Dusknoir-GX HP260
Ability-Sinister Hand
As often as you like during your turn, you may move a damage counter from one of your opponent's Pokemon to another of your opponent's Pokemon.
[P] Silent Fear
Put 3 damage counters on each of your opponent's Pokemon.
[P] Forest's Curse GX
Your opponent can't play any Item cards during their next turn. If this Pokemon has at least 1 extra [P] energy attached to it, your opponent can't play any Item cards for the rest of the game. (thanks for the idea @DMYSYS)
Weakness: Dark(x2)
Resistance: Fighting(-20)
Retreat: [C] [C] [C]

Hyrum

Aspiring Trainer
I dunno, Magiwhales went through the roof.

I think that TPCI is too smart to print Item lock on a basic. It’s never been done before (I think) so I see no reason why they should do it now.
Lol watch me be wrong and it has Item lock.
Pretty interesting that they didn’t put it with Gourgeist though. Missed opportunity.
Well, let’s look forward to some sick promo art!
Seismitoad EX?

Bergerz

Aspiring Trainer
Trevenant and Dusknoir-GX HP260
Ability-Sinister Hand
As often as you like during your turn, you may move a damage counter from one of your opponent's Pokemon to another of your opponent's Pokemon.
[P] Silent Fear
Put 3 damage counters on each of your opponent's Pokemon.
[P] Forest's Curse GX
Your opponent can't play any Item cards during their next turn. If this Pokemon has at least 1 extra [P] energy attached to it, your opponent can't play any Item cards for the rest of the game. (thanks for the idea @DMYSYS)
Weakness: Dark(x2)
Resistance: Fighting(-20)
Retreat: [C] [C] [C]

The name of the box is "Pale Moon GX" so we can assume that is the name of their GX attack.

MegaAbsol10

I'm playing Big Blacephalon next quarter :)
And just when you think we might have gotten rid of XY, you know since we're nearly at SWORD AND SHIELD, they just keep coming back.

Matthew the Fairy Lover

The Lover of everything Fairy
This could make an interesting Malamar Control Deck with 4 Judge and maybe 2-3 Reset Stamp. But with how underwhelming Malamar variants did at the World Championships and how slow the Deck is as a whole, I doubt this idea will be successful but let's hope and see.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
*Jessie and James noises*
Banned in Expanded!
  • Trevenant & Dusknoir TTGX - Whenever the GX atk effect is, instant KO would be nice. Anyways, the main atk itself can OHKO Mew3 while distrupting their Welders, GXs, etc. Morty can help but the initial requirement lets it down so you can't spam it evry turn. The card says; "You can only use this card if 1 of your P Pokémon was Knocked Out during your opponent's last turn." I bold the text so that people will understand that you cannot use Mismagius for this thing. Mewtwo&Mew counter? I am okay with this. The energy cost is a pain, but Malamar is there so no need to worry. Maybe a 4th Malamar variant? Who knows. 4 Geodudes

Winkachu

Aspiring Trainer
And just when you think we might have gotten rid of XY, you know since we're nearly at SWORD AND SHIELD, they just keep coming back.

Like I said before Pokemon company have to change how they release these promo boxes and sets. They have to stick with the theme and only include that set booster packs, a similar way they did with Generation, Shining Legends, Dragon Majesty and now Hidden Fates.

When it comes about Steam Siege, I don't get why they don't make Secret rare Volcanion EX box and include 8 Steam Siege booster packs. Personally, as a collector, I would buy a product like that to complete the set. And same practice could be done with any set and to make sure consumers are interested to buy products targeted like that on extra spare boosters Pokemon company could make a poll to ask the community, which secret rare or full art they would want.

ItsMeJoji

ENERGY!
I was hoping this could help support Mew3 Decks, but with the GX move requiring a Grass Energy, it pretty much becomes a one trick pony. Might still be viable in some cases.

Ghostrickster

Aspiring Trainer
The thing that makes me think this will work well with Malamar is that it encourages a disruption and control strategy, which can make up for the lack of speed that Malamar has. Morty is actually a very underrated card, and if you play Giratina for the early game, this creates awkward situations where your opponent has to get rid of a Giratina for a single prize and loses 4 cards from their hand the next turn. It's simple, but I really like it.

The GX attacks gives it the ability to apply at least a little bit of pressure before hitting 3 energy. I feel like that's the best use for that attack; I doubt you tech in Grass Energy to fetch with Viridian, although that's an easy possibility. It's not nearly as powerful as Photon Geyser or Calamitous Slash.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I wouldn’t bother to care about removing energies from a Pokémon that will be knocked out lol
Not only does it make it so it can't retreat as easily, but it honestly is the better part of the attack. Use this on Reshizard that's got 5 energies on it, so they not only have to scramble to find a way to retreat it to avoid the KO, but also they don't have the energy anymore so are delayed several turns - at least 2 even in a best case scenario (2 Welders in hand plus a bunch of energy).