'Cosmic Eclipse,' November's English Set!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I too am a super completionist and I've completed every SM set through Dragon Majesty, including the rainbow rares. Which makes it doubly confusing to me that PCL thinks that pages and pages of this

JX0ffYz.jpg

are appealing to any collector. Like yes, such glitter, very prism implosion, wow. It's busy and the cards don't even look that great unless you literally flash mob them, but then all the colors are going in 20 different directions and it justs look like glitter puke.

Not to mention, perhaps because I just woke up, but some of the pokemon in those are beyond recognition. I couldn't tell Tauros was Tauros. Not only that, but I can't justify spending the price on some of those gold items. I could with XY, most of them are rotated and there's a combined total of eight of them, not a big deal at all. BW had even less, it was fine. But there's just too many and while they're okay for what they are, and have a niche for certain people, the only time I ever wanted them was on TCGO for my Buzzwole deck.

20190711_110843.jpg
Apologies for my camera quality, I have a terrible phone. but I actually wanted to do a head-on comparison to these. I love how the full art just looks so much sleeker and cleaner than the hyper rare. It's like they sucked all the fun out of it. With something like the gold XY full arts, those felt like they had a purpose, but I really have to ask what the deal with Sun and Moon's were. It's just something I can never see is necessary, because we all know these sets would fly off the shelves anyways. Why not something even MORE appealing that would make people want to own them? Rather than just want the FA's. Back before I gave away my collection on TCGO, I always made sure my decks used the Full Arts over the RR's. I remember purposely downgrading a few cards, sometimes even for free.

But you know what's funny? There's one card that does the whole rainbow idea better, and it isn't even a rainbow rare.

20190711_110949.jpg

Isn't it fantastic how much more vibrant and appealing it is than it's rainbow successor?

Johnny2316

Aspiring Trainer
It's so sad how this is the last Sun and Moon set. But There's much more potential for the future!!

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Baby Fairies-Pure meme.
Dragons will be OP in any Metal/Water decks that come along, although those types aren't great right. Perhaps could see play in future?

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I love how they had the opportunity to burn through three Babies at once but they went with two Babies who have been printed since the Babies returned this year and also Togepi who isn't bound by the same rules as the rest of the Babies in the TCG. Instead of say, Mime Jr. and Azurill who cover the same shared type on this card. lol Pokemon gonna Pokemon.

Ghostrickster

Aspiring Trainer
Why did they make its first attack so bad? The 2nd is good, but no one is ever getting 16 energy on anything, especially Fairy Energy. It doesn't even outright when the game for that price...you still have to KO the active Pokemon during the next turn. It's a shame we got this instead of Ditto & Smeargle (probably), but it's a fun concept nonetheless.

Dialga, Palkia, and Arceus is actually nuts. If we had more Water and Steel support, it'd be great, but sadly, that's not the case, so I don't see it working. If we get any good acceleration for Water and/or Metal Energy, I could see decks being built around this, and M&M decks incorporating it. The first attack makes Turbo Strike look weak, and this card can be searched by Treasure, unlike Solgaleo. Altered Creation means you can potentially snipe 2 Dedenne with Venom Shot to win the game. Yeah, I really like this card, but we even lost Aqua Patch so I don't think there's a place for it now.

Graven

Eminem TTGX
>Creation Trio gets Tag Team.

>Giratina: "Am I a joke to you?"

Memes aside, the baby TTGX is jank (14+2 energies, wtaf...), and they just removed Arceus' limiter, because that GX+ attack (perma Choice Band plus Prize Accel) is actually stupid.

I love it. Keep up the good work Ptcgi, you insane f*cks.

Last edited:

Ghostrickster

Aspiring Trainer
I love how they had the opportunity to burn through three Babies at once but they went with two Babies who have been printed since the Babies returned this year and also Togepi who isn't bound by the same rules as the rest of the Babies in the TCG. Instead of say, Mime Jr. and Azurill who cover the same shared type on this card. lol Pokemon gonna Pokemon.
Tbh, it's just because those are the 3 iconic Fairy babies, and they're all "puffs". Azurill fits the theme but I imagine it's because it's not as popular and also is blue instead of pink and white. I think they're going for a lot of those kinds of duos and trios for the last set.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Yes I can interpret that. But it really goes to show how they have no foresight for anything because they could have made those previous Cleffa and Igglybuff cards into some other baby Pokemon instead.

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
I already don't like tag teams, but really? The second Fairy tag team is three babies? Wow, y'all really got your best minds on it, Creatures Inc...

Let us make the tag teams. Then we'll make actual good ones like Diancie and Mega Mawile, Xerneas and Tapu Lele..you know, actually good Pokemon.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
I'm loving that Dialga Palkia Arceus TTGX. That GX is nuts good. And we have N's resolve for energy acceleration. Although we can all tell that there's a pattern when releasing TTGXs. They'll release a pokemon/trainer card that goes along with it to make it better.

PokeCollector21

Aspiring Trainer
Ohhhh thanks Pokémon give us joke Tag Team Pokémon where is my Lugia and Ho-oh TTGX
I think you will make it because the 20th anniversary of Gold/Silver but nooooo we are Pokémon and make random gx cards

And there are other good Fairy Pokémon you can make with them a Tag Team same with the joke TTGX Slowpoke and Psyduck
Why not other good water Pokémon?
And i dont want to start with Charizard.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Because hey sometimes people like other Pokemon than the same handful of Legendaries and Starters. I would have picked some other Babies for this TTGX for representation, but people who like Baby Pokemon just went over a decade without Babies in the TCG at all, so maybe they like the diversity.

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
So that leaves Fighting and Metal as the remaining types with only 1 Tag Team. I predict SM12a might have a Fossil Tag Team (Armaldo & Cradily PLEASE), Celesteela & Kartana (& Stakataka?), and 1 good old fashioned regular GX to cap off the GX era.

I don't mind the babies chosen for this Tag Team, but in retrospect if they wanted to give some love to as many neglected Pokemon as possible the SM10 Cleffa could've easily been Mime Jr. or Azurill and the promo Igglybuff could've been Azurill or Mantyke instead.