Galarian Pokemon, Obstagoon, Morpeko, Team Yell, and More in New Sword & Shield Trailer!

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
I personally like the way they did Unova, having a completely new Pokedex in BW1 then bringing the nostalgia and old favourites in in BW2 while keeping the new mechanics that worked (eg. seasons) from BW1. This would probably not work for all Pokemon games, but perhaps having some games with new Pokedexes and some with larger Pokedexes that feature Pokemon from multiple regions.
That’s reasonable. However, the game is too linear in timeline, with issues of the game being how it basically makes you follow storyline points with less free roaming in between. What I’m hoping Is that sword an shield does fix the linear issue, but keeps seasonnmechanics (it looks like it might work with that). As well as possibly allowing you to go to other areas and even other regions to do postgame stuff. There is an underwater train that connects France an the U.K., so it would be pretty cool to allow you to take that to kalos once you finish main game.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
That’s reasonable. However, the game is too linear in timeline, with issues of the game being how it basically makes you follow storyline points with less free roaming in between. What I’m hoping Is that sword an shield does fix the linear issue, but keeps seasonnmechanics (it looks like it might work with that). As well as possibly allowing you to go to other areas and even other regions to do postgame stuff. There is an underwater train that connects France an the U.K., so it would be pretty cool to allow you to take that to kalos once you finish main game.
Yeah, that would be awesome. What would be great also is a purely open-world Pokemon game in the style of Odyssey or BOTW, but that probably isn't coming any time soon. Sword and Shield will probably not be the full solution but hopefully it will help.
If anything Pokemon games have become far more restricted in recent times, as in Gen 1 there was a lot of free roam past Rock Tunnel and Brock, as in Gen 2. In both generations you could somewhat choose the order you challenged the Gyms (Sabrina/Koga etc.). It's only now that Game Freak have essentially added a bunch of people saying "Don't go in here!".

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
Yeah, that would be awesome. What would be great also is a purely open-world Pokemon game in the style of Odyssey or BOTW, but that probably isn't coming any time soon. Sword and Shield will probably not be the full solution but hopefully it will help.
If anything Pokemon games have become far more restricted in recent times, as in Gen 1 there was a lot of free roam past Rock Tunnel and Brock, as in Gen 2. In both generations you could somewhat choose the order you challenged the Gyms (Sabrina/Koga etc.). It's only now that Game Freak have essentially added a bunch of people saying "Don't go in here!".
That’s true. I’m hoping the wild areas in sword and shield give it that BOTW free-roam mid and post game aspect. Introducing a sort of every day a new opponent in free roam zones with quest-like goals would be cool.

Lechu v 2017

Pokemon connoisseur
Morpeko could be a veery useful pika-clone, and that obstagoon, Looks like something from team skull. Team yell, hmm, Punk insult anyone?

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
Morpeko could be a veery useful pika-clone, and that obstagoon, Looks like something from team skull. Team yell, hmm, Punk insult anyone?
More of a note on soccer fan craze in UK. Even if I’m pretty sure it isn’t, I’m worried it’ll be the only team. Thought it’s probably gonna be similar to team skull, which had the aether Corp to worry about.

Oh, here’s an idea! : player and marnie team up, along with team yell, to battle against bede and the secret team he’s on.

Lechu v 2017

Pokemon connoisseur
More of a note on soccer fan craze in UK. Even if I’m pretty sure it isn’t, I’m worried it’ll be the only team. Thought it’s probably gonna be similar to team skull, which had the aether Corp to worry about.

Oh, here’s an idea! : player and marnie team up, along with team yell, to battle against bede and the secret team he’s on.
Hmmmmm, Secret team, Yees, yees, Pokemon, you have a potential gold mine.