'Hidden Fates,' Special Set Releasing in America This August!

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
From the picture, these have the lousy clear top-loader sleeves... a shame they don't have the better black side-loader sleeves, I'd consider the charizard/birds one if they did!
THIS although ive got my sets in all the Ultra Pro Pokemon Albums from BW I wish they would release more Pokemon Ultra Pro Premium products, they did with magic for a while the leather with embossed set logo, only Pro Premium ones they have produced are the Pikachu one and Pokeball, think is an Ultra Ball one on its way - the diamond side loading pages are amazing

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Cool!

I think we know what are the Cosmic Eclipse theme decks will be featured, its Kyogre and Groudon from Remix Bout. It is based on the leaked playmat of the theme deck courtesy of some lovely folk out there.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
OMG, I live close to a warehouse specializing in cards, and I was able to strike a deal to get the MewMew Pin Cases this Friday. I'll be sending them to get graded since selling the singles before release date is a no no. I might actually be the first the get these graded and I'm so stoked. If the full setlist is not up by Friday, I'll try to provide scans of all the pulls.

What I can't believe is that we are 10 days out from street date and we still don't really know how the packs are constructed or for sure what's even in the set! If you crack packs this Friday, please share.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
One thing that I want to know is why are they keeping the setlist a secret. We should of had that by now.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
We would only know it by now for a regular set because of prerelease events coming two weeks beforehand. No prerelease, no spoilers.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
We would only know it by now for a regular set because of prerelease events coming two weeks beforehand. No prerelease, no spoilers.
Seems like we've had full set lists well before pre-releases all the time, so while this wouldn't have a pre-release, having basically nothing at this point is weird. I guess all will be revealed next Friday (or sooner if certain posters here can give us the scoop this Friday).

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
There is a video of hidden fates opening.
All c block supporters prerry much got reprints. Pokemon center lady, lt surge, and so on.
The reverse spot can hold new gx the rare can be shiny gx or alt fullart trainers

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
OMG I was kind of fearing this, but the SV cards take the reverse holo slot, but reverse holos are still a thing (including reverse holo basic energies of the Team Up-on design), so therefore you aren't guaranteed an SV card in pack. RIP collectors....

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Oh joy, like we didn't think the Gen 7 pull rate:chase card total was scummy enough.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Guesses for the missing spots:
48 - Any of the many Eevee cards we haven't gotten (gut is the Forbidden Light alt art we never got along with Lady FA)
52 - Blaine's Last Stand, because all the other Kanto Gym Leaders got reprinted
63 - Misty's Water Manipulation
65 - Sabrina's Suggestion, for the same reason as Blaine
66 - Bird Trio FA
67 - Giovanni's Exile FA
68 - Jessie & James FA

Perfect fits!

John Wick

Aspiring Trainer
Haha

The said YouTube could be me, or not lol

Watch me sell the extra boxes for a lot tomorrow on eBay to people desperate to get these earlier than Aug 23 lol...or not lol

John Wick

Aspiring Trainer
What I find appalling is that there's 94 SV cards, and for me to have pulled 8 out of 18 packs is basically less than 50% chance of a SV. It sucks and will have a group that I hang out with, a little over 50 for card matches, to send the company complaints on the pull ratio.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
What I find appalling is that there's 94 SV cards, and for me to have pulled 8 out of 18 packs is basically less than 50% chance of a SV. It sucks and will have a group that I hang out with, a little over 50 for card matches, to send the company complaints on the pull ratio.

It's easier to pull a full set of Shiny Vault cards than it is to pull a full set of Full Arts from recent main-set boosters, though. Assuming Shiny Vault shows up 1 in every 3 packs, that's 282 packs on average to get them all. (Obviously assuming no duplicates, but this is just a comparison.) To get all the non-Secret Full Arts from Team Up (which are about 1/18 packs), you'd need on average 414 packs. This comparison is actually probably more in favour of Shiny Vault than that would appear, too, since it includes all 94 cards in that count while I excluded the secrets from Team Up. Odds are Brooklet Hill and on are secret, and I shouldn't have counted them in that comparison.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
So that's why TPCi reserved Moltres & Zapdos & Articuno GX and the Team Rocket-related cards for this set. To make it into a Gen 1 set combined with the Family Box Set and the Brock and Misty decks. Okay. So it's Generations Part 2.

The pull rates for the Shiny Vault cards are decent, and that's good. But it you whiff on pulling something, you really whiff with this set. Those are some lackluster rares. Sure, you might get Erika's Hospitality. But you also might get a Lapras that does 80 damage for 3 energies. It seems like a very high risk, high reward kind of set. More so than usual.

I'm still at least looking forward to the ETB, but the main set has kind of made me uninterested to get more products outside of that.

dom

Aspiring Trainer
It's easier to pull a full set of Shiny Vault cards than it is to pull a full set of Full Arts from recent main-set boosters, though. Assuming Shiny Vault shows up 1 in every 3 packs, that's 282 packs on average to get them all. (Obviously assuming no duplicates, but this is just a comparison.) To get all the non-Secret Full Arts from Team Up (which are about 1/18 packs), you'd need on average 414 packs. This comparison is actually probably more in favour of Shiny Vault than that would appear, too, since it includes all 94 cards in that count while I excluded the secrets from Team Up. Odds are Brooklet Hill and on are secret, and I shouldn't have counted them in that comparison.

You're ignoring the (likelyhood of) individual rarity though, so the odds are a lot worse than a standard set.

in the video of the 8 SV cards he got. 6 were standard, 2 were full arts. having 75% of all SV cards pulled being the standard cards is unlikely to be a coincidence, not a stretch to think that the non full art SV cards will be much more common than the gx's/fa/gold.

let's pretend those are the odds.

1/3 boosters gets you a SV card, then 1/4 of those SV cards will be either a gx or trainer fa

so you'd get 1(sv) GX for every 12 HF booster packs opened.

there's 48 (sv) gx's/full arts.assuming no doubles, you'd have to open up 504 HF booster packs to get all the SV gx's.

Then there's the (again somewhat likely) chance that like in normal sets certain gx's are rarer than others. good chance you'll pull multiple electrode & altaria gx's before you get a charizard gx. Meaning surely we're going to have to open far more than 500 boosters to complete the set.

then there's secret rares. even if they are half the likelihood they are in normal sets at around 1/60 packs. you'd have to open 180 HF packs to get one.

Hopefully the more that are opened the less scary the odds will prove to be, but regardless
considering there's no booster boxes, this will be an insanely expensive set to complete.

was thinking of completing this set (haven't done a set since evolutions), but might be better to buy 90% of it.

Last edited:

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
This basically making the RH especially for the rare harder to find also since they replace it