Discussion Cards That Work With Unified Minds Alolan Marowak?

aaron2310

Aspiring Trainer
I think the Unified Mind's Alolan Marowak is pretty interesting with it's free Spirit Smash attack.

"Discard the top card of your opponent's deck. If the card you discarded is a Pokémon, this attack does damage equal to that Pokémon's HP to your opponent's Active Pokémon."

So I was trying to think of some cards that worked with it. Obvious is Hiker and Chip Chip Ice Axe, but I've only really started playing recently so I'm not overly familiar with all the cards in the backlog.

I was wondering if anyone could think of any post-rotation cards that would work with this? Some other cards that let you look at the top of the opponents' decks or put their Pokemon back on the top of their deck?

Catastrophia

PokéBeach Articles Editor
Articles Staff
I can't think of any that really work as well as Chip Chip Ice Axe and Hiker, the one thought I did have was Lost Thunder Trumbeak - it would allow you to look at the top card of your opponent's deck at the very least and see if it's already a Pokemon with the added value of maybe making them lose a supporter. Is it worth the deck slots? I don't know. Maybe.

I know that Munna from Unified Minds has the Future Sight attack (Look at the top 4 cards of either player's deck and put them back in any order) but as it's an attack I don't think it's worth playing, they are likely to disrupt anything you do before you get a chance to attack with Marowak.

aaron2310

Aspiring Trainer
I can't think of any that really work as well as Chip Chip Ice Axe and Hiker, the one thought I did have was Lost Thunder Trumbeak - it would allow you to look at the top card of your opponent's deck at the very least and see if it's already a Pokemon with the added value of maybe making them lose a supporter. Is it worth the deck slots? I don't know. Maybe.

Trumbeak is a good shout! Thanks for that.

I know that Munna from Unified Minds has the Future Sight attack (Look at the top 4 cards of either player's deck and put them back in any order) but as it's an attack I don't think it's worth playing, they are likely to disrupt anything you do before you get a chance to attack with Marowak.

Yeah, unfortunately Munna wouldn't be too helpful there.

You can surprise box and then judge/reset stamp to get more pokemon in their deck.

I'd thought about this kind of thing too, but was hoping for something of more certainty. Cards with abilities to just put back on the top of the deck.

Catastrophia

PokéBeach Articles Editor
Articles Staff
Trumbeak is a good shout! Thanks for that.

Yeah, unfortunately Munna wouldn't be too helpful there.

I'd thought about this kind of thing too, but was hoping for something of more certainty. Cards with abilities to just put back on the top of the deck.
Yeah, I think that's about as far as it goes in the current format, but take a look a the upcoming set lists in case something pops out. One thing you could do would be to play a couple of the new Mewtwo that puts a supporter from your discard pile on top of your deck. It's no Tapu Lele-GX, but it's Psychic typing makes it searchable with Mysterious Treasure, and it's a way to guarantee a Hiker for next turn.

On the other side, any player worth their salt will thin as many Pokemon out of their deck ASAP when they see you playing the Marowak, so although Surprise Box isn't all that successful at feeding into your damage directly, it will succeed at keeping enough Pokemon in their deck to make sure you can keep hitting (but that means they can keep hitting too so pick wisely!).

Last edited: