• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Archie’s. Computer search replacement?

TheForgottenGengar

Aspiring Trainer
I don’t own computer search, and it’s expensive. Any replacement ideas?
Pokemon - 14
2 Blastoise BCR 31
1 Magikarp & Wailord-GX PR-SM SM166
1 Eevee & Snorlax-GX TEU 120
1 Volcanion Prism Star FLI 31
1 Articuno ROS 17
1 Onix LOT 109
1 Kingdra-GX DRM 18
2 Exeggcute PLF 4
2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
1 Marshadow SLG 45

Trainer - 36
2 Archie's Ace in the Hole PRC 124
1 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
1 Tate & Liza CES 148
1 Guzma BUS 115
1 Fisherman BKT 136
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
4 Battle Compressor PHF 92
4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
4 Order Pad UPR 131
4 Superior Energy Retrieval PLF 103
2 Field Blower GRI 125
1 Professor's Letter BKT 146
1 Computer Search BCR 137
1 Choice Band GRI 121
1 Silent Lab PRC 140

Energy - 10
10 Water Energy 3

I thought about more stadiums or a keldeo-gx, but can’t decide.

DashKing

Aspiring Trainer
In general, Dowsing Machine is a good replacement for Computer Search. Another Archie's-specific option is Scoop Up Cyclone (helps reset attackers and spread energy throughout the field).

Pokefam

300 something/400
As a player who has ran archie's stoise to a lot of cp during the 2015 season dowsing machine is probably the next best 1

TheForgottenGengar

Aspiring Trainer
In general, Dowsing Machine is a good replacement for Computer Search. Another Archie's-specific option is Scoop Up Cyclone (helps reset attackers and spread energy throughout the field).

As a player who has ran archie's stoise to a lot of cp during the 2015 season dowsing machine is probably the next best 1

I was looking for a less expensive card preferably on amazon. I am saving up allowance to buy the rest of the cards i need, but don’t want to double the price for one specific card. I have played Archie’s online, and can’t find out what to add that is cheap. Thanks though

Pokefam

300 something/400
1st of all multiple stadiums can be kinda dangerous in this deck if you hit both of them in your opening hand

But maybe a viridian forest would do the trick

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
All right, I'll say this:

I'm not a rich player. I could pinch a penny hard enough to shoot it a mile away like a railgun.

IF you are going to get a Computer Search or Dowsing Machine. DO IT NOW. They will be the cheapest now (computer search $30-$35) than they will be the rest of the season ($45-$65 depending on how close it is to a Regional and how far away the next one is). Dowsing Machine will always be cheaper, but it still fetches quite a bit. I would HIGHLY recommend you get Computer Search, or both. The price starts to increase a little bit after Worlds ends. Then again, an Expanded Regional wasn't too far away after Worlds in the last two years, but the FIRST Expanded Regional this season is in bloody NOVEMBER. So you might be able to save up a bit more if you need the time to do so.

If you are serious about Archies, and I say this almost pleading, Computer Search is your absolute best bet because it helps with hand sequencing at the beginning of the game if you have it and searches whatever you need. You CAN use Dowsing Machine, but I think it's significantly weaker only because it can't help early game. And if it does, it's rare.

Scoop Up Cyclone is another option, but the way Expanded is going, it's really only going to help Mew & Mewtwo-GX and Magikarp & Wailord-GX, which limits its option on who it actually helps, and some matchups OHKO those two effortlessly. And once Reshiram & Zekrom-GX enter the Expanded fray, with a Choice Band, it can do 300 damage easy.

@TheForgottenGengar I saw you mentioned Amazon. I would highly recommend against that. I would highly suggest a good seller on TCGPlayer or trade....Just anything other than Amazon is what I'm getting at.

That and you need Computer Search for Archies. At least, if you're going super competitive with it (I'm not sure how high and how far you're taking it, but might as well take it as far as you can go).

But looking at your list, consider adding Mew & Mewtwo-GX as they can copy Kingdra-GX's Hydro Pump and can OHKO Tag Teams