Several 'Dream League' Cards Revealed, Including Special Full Arts!

Johnny2316

Aspiring Trainer
Dream League is one of those sets that will have everyone's wallets begging for mercy. It's definitely a beautiful set, and a beautiful way to end the Sun and Moon era. TPCi really outdid themselves again!

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Holy C**p! These are pretty amazing. I don't play the TCG much any more but if I had the money laying around, I'd get all of these Character Art Cards and frame them and put them on my wall.

zzzeraora

Aspiring Trainer
my prediction now:

rosa will be 150 dollars. ZekRam RR will be 230. lillie will be 130. N will be 100.

I will buy that fudging Rosa if it's the last thing I do.

Asuna24

Aspiring Trainer
I think this just became my favorite set of all time, absolutely in love with the trainers and gym leaders in these cards!

PokeCollector21

Aspiring Trainer
WAIT WHAT NO normal Full arts for Tag Team GX and normal GX

What the hell is gonig on its nice to see Full Arts GX with other things at the backgruond instead the Type color but I miss the normal Full Arts

Wechselbalg

brb
Roxie/Koffing are perfect and Silvally/Gladion look precious but that Jasmine is super weird. Also, I don't think I've ever seen a Torkoal being so excited before lol

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
WAIT WHAT NO normal Full arts for Tag Team GX and normal GX

What the hell is gonig on its nice to see Full Arts GX with other things at the backgruond instead the Type color but I miss the normal Full Arts
CHR messed everything up in this set. That's their NA FA no Alt FAs since it wasn't drawn by some 3D artists.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder how these CHR cards will be introduced in English. By promos? I haven't include these in my partial set list in Cosmic Eclipse

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
Oh my God, Flannery!! I need that card right now, it's so cute!! I hope we get these too :D

Errffy Jones

Aspiring Trainer
Rainbow/Secret CHR cards should've been used on the regular variants. To me they don't mesh well with the Special FAs. Good news is I'll save money by getting the non rainbow Special FAs which are fantastic!

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Personally I would have loved to see one for May , one for Iris and one for Mallow, especially since Dawn, Lillie and Lana got one.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
We have energy recycler, lana's fishing rod and pal pad by the time we get both Clay and Excadrill. That's enough recovery, the attack is not risky at all. You are meant to turbo into items with Clay, discard the rest of filler cards, use Excadrill attack to the point you can use Eleventh Hour Tackle comfortably.

I believe the issue post rotation is not the lack of recovery cards but the lack of Pokémon search items like Nest Ball and Ultra Ball. With Clay you get to keep all the items from the top seven card which helps a lot to fish out the Excadrill line. At the same time fishing out Pokémon with Nest Ball and Ultra Ball obtained with Clay thins the deck and decreases the likelihood to dicard relevant Pokémon with sucessive uses of Clay. We do not have this luxury post-rotation which slows the deck down a lot.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Thank you Pokemon these are the types of secret rare we want. I'm not trying to sound entitled but from a kid that grew up collecting cards in the Black and White Era the rainbow rares were a step down. Also dos anyone know if the Character Holo Rares (CHR) will be textured?

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
I wonder how these CHR cards will be introduced in English. By promos? I haven't include these in my partial set list in Cosmic Eclipse

Why wouldn't they just be in Cosmic Eclipse? Especially when they replaced an entire tier of chase cards in the Japanese version?

Last edited:

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
HHOLY CRAP AM I DREAMING? THEY ACTUALLY MADE GALLADE/WALLY AHHHHH

Ahem, other than that being obviously the best card, everything in this set is GORGEOUS. I honestly did not expect the regular GXs to get non-3D full arts and Rainbow rares omg now those are Rainbows that I actually DO want; the FA Silvally/Gladion is probably my favorite GX in the set <3 The art on that Steelix perfectly captures Jasmine's personality, the style on the Koffing/Roxie is actually perfect, and Magnemite/Surge is soooo adorable ;_; Also really surprised they went with Weavile/Cyrus as he's the only villain here (besides N kinda lol)

RIP no Xatu/Will tho I can't complain at this point haha

Last edited:

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
Thank you Pokemon these are the types of secret rare we want. I'm not trying to sound entitled but from a kid that grew up collecting cards in the Black and White Era the rainbow rares were a step down. Also dos anyone know if the Character Holo Rares (CHR) will be textured?

Looks like they won't be textured - what's interesting is that the preview images for Mimikyu and Excadrill show the web-style holo that regular holos use for the SM era, but the photos of the newer CHRs like Gallade and Piplup look as though they're using patternless holo like Rainbow rares do, very confusing lol

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Well those are the most pointless Rainbows ever, lol. Because we just HAD to have them on 2D art... I guess at least we didn't get two other tiers of them, but still, could have done without.

Otherwise this is probably one of the best sets recently in terms of secret rares. The full arts are lovely, I'm really happy about FA Rosa, and the CHRs are going to be a really cool set of cards to complete and have all together.