Several 'Dream League' Cards Revealed, Including Special Full Arts!

My (and I'm sure many others) thoughts exactly; really hope these amazing GXs are some kind of indication for the SwSh era <3
I'm really hoping that those behind the TCG make genuine improvements in gen 8, just as they have been since the start of the TTGX block. Now, I'm not 100% confident. They could very well add another 4 tiers of rarity just to make a quick buck, but at this point I just want to stay hopeful. I've already been let down by the games this generation so I really want the TCG to make up for it somehow.

This is so beautiful. Everything about this card is great. Just when it was starting to look like i want going to make another deck this year, well that's not going to happen anymore lol.

I'm pissed they keep making BASIC pokemon the best in the game....at least let normal GX's have a chance...

First of all, this art is absolutely incredible - both this and the Special Art Reshiram/Zekrom remind me of film posters, which is really impressive to pull off on such a relatively small space as a card

Second, based on the numbering, it seems Solgaleo/Lunala and Reshiram/Zekrom won't be getting traditional Full Arts in this set: #61 - Stoutland (CHR), #62 - Vileplume-GX (FA) (?), #63 Solgaleo/Lunala (SA)

tumblr_inline_pk3lsnF2kt1wp0y59_540.gif

So they mass produced a bunch of garbage secret rares and then they whip this out. Pokemon you know that everyone loves these types secret rares more than your failed rainbow rares. So I kindly ask that when the first Gen 8 set (Sword and Shield) releases that you have realized your mistake and have done away with the Rainbow Rares.

This card destroys Pikarom and Dark Box, but with as little discard recovery as we have it is pretty risky discarding 4 every attack.

Do hope these character rares stick around for a bit instead of getting immediately torpedoed when Swish's TCG begins in December.

I imagine here a crazy deck concept.

Concept of the deck is to play this Excadrill, and try to get your whole deck into the discard pile, never having more than a few cards in it. Play Pal Pad, and IIRC there's a more recent trainer that lets you put item cards into your deck (this might be a supporter, I don't recall). Play those plus Brock's Grit and you can pretty much determine what your next turn's draw will be, or at least close to it, constantly sticking around 0 cards. Maybe include Oranguru also, alternate attacking with Resource Management and Excadrill. Would make the deck _super_ consistent once you got down to few cards in deck, obviously that would take probably too much time for this deck to really be all that good but... maybe with some stall concepts it would be playable? Stall plus ability to KO Pikarom and Dark box decks?

Back