Finished DUNGEONS AND DRAGONITES 3 - CANCELLED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
Try as you might to conjure flaming breath, you barely manage an ineffectual puff of smoke. The Caterpie largely seem unperturbed as you notice a feral look in their eyes, instead rearing up on their prolegs and preparing to let loose a series of string shots against these mysterious invaders of their forest. As you approach the path ever so slightly closer, you get the feeling you can't avoid this fight.

Getting a closer look at the two Caterpie, the one with the Oran berry appears to have much larger antennae, the other seems slightly smaller in size.

Initiative begins

Players, please submit your actions in PM's

Player order is
@Professor_jplap
@Ephemera
@Blakers
@TheFlyingPidove

Last edited:

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
Wait, the Caterpie are still there, must have been imagining things again. They seem ready to battle us, uhh I'm out. Good luck guys. *withdraws into shell*

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
I forgot to mention how temporary stat changes work in this. I apologize for it, I had it in the original brief and accidentally deleted it. It has been amended there, but I will also post it here.

There are three tiers of stat changes both in the positive and negative. Each stat can only be affected once, but some moves affect things greater. For example, using Growl once, twice or thrice will only result in the opponents attack being lowered once. Using Charm will result in attack being lowered twice. Using both Charm and Growl will only result in opponents attack being lowered twice. This applies to all moves and abilities that have these sorts of effects.

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
As soon as the battle begins, chaos reigns. Charmander charges forward bearing his claws down on ___ Caterpie, barely scraping it with a Scratch attack, the Caterpie each respond by letting loose a Stringshot, one on Charmander, the other on Froakie. With perfect aim, both Pokemon are impaired, feeling themselves sluggish, experiencing difficulty with sight. Ephere to distracts both Caterpie with a Tail Whip while Froakie leaps forward, impaired by the strings, barely landing a Pound attack on the smaller Caterpie, but its distraction by Ephere leads to a more powerful hit. The Turtwig unfortunately gives into his fear of the Caterpie, and attempts to Withdraw into its shell, but is instead paralyzed, too afraid to act and failing to protect itself.

Charmander uses Scratch on the Oran Caterpie, dealing 1 damage.
The Smaller Caterpie takes the attack action, using Stringshot on Froakie, successfully lowering Froakies Dexterity and Accuracy one stage.
The Oran Caterpie takes the attack action, using Stringshot on Charmander, successfully lowering Charmander Dexterity and Accuracy one stage.
Fennekin uses Tail Whip on both of the Caterpie, lowering their defense by 1.
Froakie uses Pound on the smaller of the two Caterpie, dealing 3 damage.
Turtwig attempts to use Withdraw, but fails.

Both Charmander and Froakie may use their action to attempt to remove the stringshots from themselves.

New Turn order is
Fennekin
Froakie
Turtwig
Charmander

Last edited:

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
(No.. can't.. move... Brother.. please help me..)

I should be helpful later on, unless the whole test game is full of Caterpie.

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
Wounded by its previous attack, the Smaller Caterpie attempts to Tackle Froakie, but rushes too wide. Froakie similarly swings wide with a Pound at the smaller Caterpie, impaired by string shot. The larger Caterpie, fearing the worst has come for them, also misses a Tackle attack, stopping just short of Charmander. Turtwig, not giving into their fear manages to withdraw within their shell, increasing their defense.

The Smaller Caterpie takes the attack action, using Tackle on Froakie, but misses.
Fennekin loafs around
Froakie uses Pound on the smaller of the two Caterpie, missing.
The Oran Caterpie takes the attack action, using Tackle on Charmander, but misses.
Turtwig uses Withdraw, Succeeding in raising defense.
Charmander loafs around

Neither Professor_jplap nor Ephemera submitted actions this round.

New Turn order is
Fennekin
Charmander
Froakie
Turtwig

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
Wounded by its previous attack, the Smaller Caterpie attempts to Tackle Froakie, managing to land a soft blow. Fennekin, realizing the battle is ongoing and wanting to make up for their previous blunder Scratches the smaller Caterpie leaving a deep gash, knocking it out. Froakie, impaired by the strings, rips them from his limbs and face. The larger Caterpie, once again makes a Tackle attack, hitting Charmander in the side. Meanwhile Turtwig rushes forward, and hides behind Froakie. Charmander begins searching the skies for meaning in this cruel world.

The Smaller Caterpie takes the attack action, using Tackle on Froakie, dealing 1 damage.
Fennekin uses Scratch on the smaller Caterpie, dealing 5 damage.
Froakie uses removes the effects of the String Shot, raising its Dexterity and Accuracy to normal levels.
The Oran Caterpie takes the attack action, using Tackle on Charmander, dealing 1 damage.
Turtwig takes cover behind Froakie.
Charmander loafs around

Once again @Professor_jplap hasn't submitted an action.

Turn order now is
Froakie
Fennekin
Charmander
Turtwig

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
That's what you get you ugly Caterpie! Good work Fennekin, I wasn't expecting you to be so strong.
*looks at Charmander* You okay buddy?

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Hah, fun!
turns to Turtwig
Of course I'm strong, I'm– never mind.

I'm just strong, and that's all that matters.

Wow, didn't expect that.

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
(Wait do we have trainers?)

Yeah sorry about that... I was a little lost in thought like - where the heck are we? Anyway, what next?

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
You do not have trainers, at least, you don't know if you do. Backstory stuff hasn't been worked on with anyone yet, but feel free to roleplay out however you want your characters backstory to be. There is still a Caterpie left however

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
Froakie once more leaps into action, heavily battering the downed Caterpie with a Pound attack dealing 3 damage, killing it outright. The larger Caterpie, seeing its friend downed, charges forward once more at Charmander, landing a solid Tackle, dealing 2 damage. In retaliation, and feeling empowered by their previous strike, Fennekin Scratches the remaining Caterpie, knocking it out. The fight now over, the party sees the Oran berry the Caterpie was holding (as a part of inventory management, you guys need to decide who will take the Oran berry), and furthermore, can see the path winding through the forest. The trees are not so close together you couldn't walk off the path, but you are all aware how easy it is to get lost in a forest.

Froakie uses Pound on the Knocked Out Caterpie, dealing 3 lethal damage, killing it.
The Oran Caterpie takes the attack action, using Tackle on Charmander, dealing 2 damage.
Fennekin uses Scratch on the remaining Caterpie, dealing 4 damage, knocking it out.

Someone needs to choose to take the Oran berry, best to discuss item ownership here so that everyone can have input. They heal for 1 point of damage.

Blakers

Holder of the Holy Diamond!
(Welp didn’t mean to outright kill it, that’s what I get for only reading the Action Report.)

I think the person who holds the Oran Berry should probably be Turtwig. If we learn any other moves, Turtwig’s will be the least effective on any more hypothetical bug types. What do you all think?

Professor_jplap

Aspiring Trainer
I'm fine with that - I don't need it. Anyway if we're gonna travel through this forest, I can set the trees we pass on fire and froakie can put it out to mark where we've been. What do you guys think?

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
Oh my Arceus, did you just kill that Caterpie!?? (definitely gonna stay away from Froakie now.)

You know you don't have acces to fire/water moves, right? Also, we should probably give the Oran Berry to someone who's wounded (not sure if our health gets regenerated instantly). Turtwig wasn't damaged during that battle.

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
(please note, that while you don't have access to fire/water/grass moves, biology is still a factor, so Charmander still does have a flaming tail, but cannot produce enough fire to be considered Ember)

Last edited:

Ephemera

just a little longer...
I don't really need the berry...

I think Charmander should have it~
You were the one to take the most damage, dear.

Hehehe, really liking this so far!

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
I'm agreeing with our new leader here. Fennekin took out both Caterpie without a problem, so I think it's a good idea to follow their lead from now on.

Just want to point out that we haven't said anything about our character's genders yet. So I just want to add that Turtwig is a male.

Status
Not open for further replies.