• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Alolan Exeggutor

Missilistico

Aspiring Trainer
Hi guys! I'm testing for some post rotation decks, and I think Alolan Exeggutor can be funny, at least. It 2hkoes Pikarom, and with the help of a single Altaria 2hkoed Reshizard as well. Moreover, it can use Net Ball and Mysterious Treasure, which speed the setting up in the face of a ball-less meta!

Pokemon (17)
1 Kartana (UNB 19)
2 Swablu (DRM 56)
4 Exeggcute (FLI 1)
2 Shuckle (LOT 16)
2 Altaria (DRM 40)
4 Alolan Exeggutor (TEU 114)
1 Mew (UNB 76)
1 Ditto Prism Star (LOT 154)

Supporter (10)
1 Brock's Grit (TEU 135)
4 Lillie (UPR 125)
3 Cynthia (UPR 119)
1 Erika's Hospitality (TEU 140)
1 Lance Prism Star (DRM 61)

Items (21)
4 Mysterious Treasure (FLI 113)
4 Pokémon Communication (TEU 152)
2 Shrine of Punishment (CLS 143)
4 Net Ball (LOT 187)
4 Custom Catcher (LOT 171)
3 Pokégear 3.0 (UNB 182)

Energy (12)
1 Water Energy (SM 166)
1 Darkness Energy (SM 170)
1 Fire Energy (SM 165)
1 Fighting Energy (SM 169)
1 Fairy Energy (SM 172)
6 Grass Energy (SM 164)
1 Metal Energy (SM 163)

Discard energie from the deck with Shuckle and hit. Simple as that! I tried Elm's Lecture, but they slow down all this deck. The drawback is that sometimes I can't see a Swablu in a match. Everything else id pretty self-explanatory.

Last edited:
Even with 4 Pokegear, in my experience at least, only 7 draw supporters is way too low. I'd suggest upping the Cynthia count to 4 to start, and maybe adding some other supporters like Tate&Liza or some of the newer supporters from Unified Minds instead of the Pokegears.

With no jirachi I would cut custom's for bombs and I found the lance TEU Dragonite package to be quite nice in this deck

Edited!

+ Cynthia
+ Lance Prism Star

- Shrine of Punishment
- Pokégear

I have a little problem: I often draw two of three of the trash energies. My strategy in those case is: if you have Mysterious Treasure, good; otherwise, attach them to a little boy (Shuckle, Swablu) and retreat it, or if things get bad let your opponent kill it. Could you think about a fix for this? Cynthia is good because it lets me shuffle them back into the deck, but maybe I need another manner to discard them from my hand.

You need Viridian Forest, at least 2 copies, and up your Cynthia count to 4 while reducing Lillie. You will also want to use more Erika's, at least 2 to make up for the lack of Jirachi on your deck.

Viridian Forest allows you to discard undesirable energies and search for your grass energies. Reduce Altaria to a single copy, you don't really want or need more than 1, particularly with Shrine of Punishment softening the big GX mons. Add a copy of Lure Ball so you don't have to shuffle your Exeggutors on deck and wait an extra turn to attack. Custom Catcher is terrible in a deck with so little ways to grab cards from deck, so either reduce it to two copies, cut it out entirely, or add Order Pads to be able to grab them and your Mysterious Treasures.

Consistency options: Order Pad, Acro Bikes, Dedenne GX if you don't mind the gx sitting around.

Overall, this deck runs much more smoothly with the Jirachi engine, but you have to make do with what you have available.

Dear NicoNoo, I'll reveal you a secret: I play just online, and what is more is that I play juston TCGOne! So it's very easy for me to get 4 Jirachi: just click "add" 4 timed! :D
I really appreciate your suggestions. I'm trying a Jirachi-less version first, then I'll try a Jirachi-full version too ;)
Viridian Forest is a good idea, I played it at first but then I cut hit for other stuff. I removed the Custom Catcher and added two copy of Viridian Forest, and I changed the supporters a little bit. I'm going to update you!

I have a little problem: I often draw two of three of the trash energies. My strategy in those case is: if you have Mysterious Treasure, good; otherwise, attach them to a little boy (Shuckle, Swablu) and retreat it, or if things get bad let your opponent kill it. Could you think about a fix for this? Cynthia is good because it lets me shuffle them back into the deck, but maybe I need another manner to discard them from my hand.

Trash energies in hand? Could play that new duskull I guess. Then having lillies would be OK even mid game as well. Or just play sightseer.

Back