Help Returning to TCG

Noah Manumaleuga

Aspiring Trainer
Hello!

I used to play the TCG back in 2011 all the way up until a little after Boundaries Crossed. So, as you can tell, it has been a while! I was just wondering what main decks are in rotation and what cards would work with what. I just bought an Elite Trainer Box for Unbroken Bonds with Reshiram & Charizard. Any suggestions on beginner decks I could build getting back into the thick of things would be awesome! Thank you everyone, and I am glad to be back!!

Hmm...

The 2020 Standard Format goes into effect early this year, the day before the World Championships (so August 15, 2019). As such, we can tell you what currently strong decks have a chance of surviving the rotation, but unless someone has done extensive playtesting, it'll be guess as to what will dominate immediately after Worlds. Please keep in mind, I say this because the metagame is an odd thing; if Deck X performs well at Worlds, even if Deck X isn't the best, it may still become the dominant deck. Or if it is simply readily available, so for those first few weeks after Worlds, people just go with it. Etc.

Yeah, so my answer is "Um... I'm not sure. Wanna hear about what cards we think will be important?" It is a bit easier. ^^'

Back