Discussion Prerelease stories!!

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
hey everyone! Sometimes everyone needs to lighten up, and what better way than sharing funny stories? In honor of the current unified minds prerelease, I think prerelease stories might be interesting! I’ll start:
At my first lost thunder prerelease, I was looking for alolan Ninetales (fairy) to use in my Gardy deck. During the prerelease, I pulled nothing. But of course, my brother, who just tagged along for fun, pulled the card (I traded for it, so it was all good.
2. During one prerelease I made it to the finals, and my opponent was my brother. It was actually quite the match, but in the end I won.
So what stories do you have?

crowfeather4

R.I.P. Night March
This was at my second prerelease and my first in 2 to 3 years. It was the Sun and Moon Base Set release. In my prerelease pack I got extremely lucky, pulling a Lapras GX, and Umbreon GX, and a Hyper Rare Solgaleo GX. Only if I had pulled a Cosmog!!! Funny enough my only loss that day was to my friend who came with me, who didn't pull anything better than a holo rare!

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
This was at my second prerelease and my first in 2 to 3 years. It was the Sun and Moon Base Set release. In my prerelease pack I got extremely lucky, pulling a Lapras GX, and Umbreon GX, and a Hyper Rare Solgaleo GX. Only if I had pulled a Cosmog!!! Funny enough my only loss that day was to my friend who came with me, who didn't pull anything better than a holo rare!
Wow, that’s pretty lucky! My best luck at a prerelease was either my ultra prism one, where I got rainbow rare celesteela, or my celestial storm where I got Alolan raticate gx, shifty gx, and 1-2 Acro bike

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
At the Unbroken Bonds one, I had my deck laid out on the table and was looking it over.
It sucked.
I hadn't pulled any GXs from my box.
And then the professor knocked over a glass of soda ALL OVER MY DECK.
The cards were ruined.
Luckily, they sucked so I didn't lose a lot of money or anything.
But I couldn't play with soggy cards!
Because of this, the store owner was an absolute beast and gave me a NEW KIT.
Then, from that, I pulled a RR Muk Muk and a FA Honchcrow.

I went on to almost win but get wrecked my friend who pulled like 6 heads in a row of that rapidash that has agility.

I think it might have been 8 heads...

GameOwl

I play Pokemon. Can you tell?
During my Lost Thunder Prerelease, I pulled one holo in my whole kit. My deck was made from the Wigglytuff included in the kit.

Fortunately I got paired against 3 kids who had very little idea of what they were doing.

I got second out of 10 or so people and got 7 prize packs. I got Life Forest Prism, Thunder Mountain Prism, Blachephalon GX and Zebstrika so I guess it all worked out in the end to become one of my best prereleases.

itsAdoggo

yamperyamperyamper
During an Unbroken Bonds Prerelease, I faced someone who wanted to trade for my non-holo incineroar which I had gotten in the kit... and they offered a Dedenne GX. not wanting to rip them off, I gave them the card as well as a few other GX cards. Then, I open my prize packs only to pull another dedenne... still feel kinda bad.
My worst prerelease was with BUS, where I pulled a playset of zygarde holos* in my kit... and went 0-0-3

*promo, reverse, 2 holo.

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
At the Unbroken Bonds one, I had my deck laid out on the table and was looking it over.
It sucked.
I hadn't pulled any GXs from my box.
And then the professor knocked over a glass of soda ALL OVER MY DECK.
The cards were ruined.
Luckily, they sucked so I didn't lose a lot of money or anything.
But I couldn't play with soggy cards!
Because of this, the store owner was an absolute beast and gave me a NEW KIT.
Then, from that, I pulled a RR Muk Muk and a FA Honchcrow.

I went on to almost win but get wrecked my friend who pulled like 6 heads in a row of that rapidash that has agility.

I think it might have been 8 heads...
Wow, that’s both lucky and unlucky at the same time!

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
During my Lost Thunder Prerelease, I pulled one holo in my whole kit. My deck was made from the Wigglytuff included in the kit.

Fortunately I got paired against 3 kids who had very little idea of what they were doing.

I got second out of 10 or so people and got 7 prize packs. I got Life Forest Prism, Thunder Mountain Prism, Blachephalon GX and Zebstrika so I guess it all worked out in the end to become one of my best prereleases.
Wow, that’s awesome. The one time that I played with a deck like that, I won the whole tournament, got 4 packs. I got a Rainbow Celesteela, which was alright but not super satisfying. (It was ultra prism)

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
So, I just went to another prerelease for unified minds, went 3-0. Some kid in the junior division got, from seven packs:
2 aerodactyl gx, 1 rainbow rare
Full art sábeleye and tyranitar gx

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
So, I just went to another prerelease for unified minds, went 3-0. Some kid in the junior division got, from seven packs:
2 aerodactyl gx, 1 rainbow rare
Full art sábeleye and tyranitar gx
Basically the best anyone did there with pulls. Me, on the other hand, got an alternate full art ChuChu, so yay