Several 'Dream League' Cards Revealed, Including Special Full Arts!

JumpluffTCG

Aspiring Trainer
ReshiRom is insane for a lot of reasons. Seems like you could very easily build a deck with 4/4 Lillie/Welder, 4/4 Acro Bike/Order Pad, and stuff like Rainbow Brush, Mysterious Treasure, Fiery Flint, etc. Insane card, most likely going to be a top tier threat when the set comes out because you simply cannot ignore a 270 HP beast swinging for 270 every turn for practically no drawbacks. That combined with the double 170 snipe...

But I also think Koffing is somewhat underrated here. Jolteon Star and Crobat G is not Expanded legal, and I've been longing for a card that allows you to place damage counters without having to evolve something (Golbat and Frogadier). It would go really well in something like GiraChomp for example. And damage mods post-rotation is hard to come by. If a deck is playing high counts of Roxie, it seems like 1-2 counts of Koffing is reasonable as a form of damage boost. Shame it's a basic though, since there's always a chance you'll end up starting with it.

Magneton is really interesting. You could easily search Surge + 2 supporters in a single turn, or 3/4 hat ladies, or more supporters to discard with SlowDuck. I'm really excited (terrified?) to see what comes of this.

Clefairy Doll can probably make stuff like Beheeyem a lot better.

Errffy Jones

Aspiring Trainer
Magneton getting the holo treatment is very reminiscent of magnimite getting the holo treatment way back in the Neo series when first released as steel type. Magnezone GX in Alter Genesis is coming!

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
More like NIGHTMARE League! It's such a waste for a final set of a Generation. No neglected Pokémon have been revealed and probably won't. :/

There's quite an oddly huge amount of 5th generation pokemon / trainers on here.

...I love it!
There's 1 Gen 5 line (excluding Legendaries) and like 3 trainers. Not one of them are in the neglected status.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
OMG THIS SET IS GORGEOUS

I dont' even know where to begin LOL Silvally-GX is probably my favorite in this batch, Megumi Mizutani did such a great job on it <3 Reshikrom looks stunning now that it's fully revealed and that Mimikyu with Acerola is probably one of the best looking cards ever made tbh

AND the first all-new holo Magneton since Skyridge? LOVE IT

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
Wait... is this all of them or do we still have 5 more to be revealed? If you count Vileploom GX and Solgaleo & Lunala GX, that's only seven. Or do they even count?

Wechselbalg

brb
Mimikyu is one of dozens of pokemon that copy supporters. They are never any good. Mimikyu is not an exception.

Except this one uses a supporter in your hand so it's actually good early game for extra draw. Or you can do a double Mina, or draw+Mina. It's not crazy good but a lot better than similar cards printed before.

Last edited:

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
Really curious to see if the CHR cards will be replacing the traditional Full Arts and Rainbow Rares (which I would be totally fine with tbh :p)

SupStar

Aspiring Trainer
Dude wtf, look at the art for Lana's Fishing Rod...

We need the TCG 3D artists to help make Gen 9. Cards like that, Great Potion, and like all the GX cards with 3D art make look incredible. I'd love to see a video game with the level of detail they put in their cards.

Cards like those, to me, are the final bar to reach when it comes to improving looks in the games.
Any more and it starts crossing over to the overdone territory that the Detective Pikachu Movie did, where at some point you just put so much detail they start looking grotesque...

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
The new turbo deck: use Magneton to Lt.Surge for Clay/N (whichever one you prefer) then start shredding your deck into oblivion.
(what if Mimikyu impersonates Lt.Surge? What happens then?)

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Ok all these cards are looking 10 times better than all of Remix Bout Combined.

Reshikrom.... OP! Like OP OP! Reshikrom + Naga is disgusting. This already increases Gardeon+Fairy Charm Dragon viability.

That Excadrill card looks really bad on paper. But after some examination Excadrill+Clefairy doll is going to be a scary archetype. If shedinja stall has taught us anything it's that it's easy to get down to a zero card deck. It requires a bit of set up, but if we can find a way to lusamine loop brock's grit along with Zebstrika. You have a one prize attacker doing 180 damage per turn for 1 energy. Diancie Prism star+ Dojo that's 210/240 per turn.

Empoleon is a great TTGX counter.

Steelix +Pokemonaic is shockingly good. 150+ damage per turn from a 1 prize attacker. who also avoids that critical 160 damage from TTGXs. Can use Giant Bomb or Metal Fry pan for more bulk. Sign me up

Roxie is a great draw supporter for certain decks. Expanded with eggs is busted.

Holo Magneton without Lt Surge behind it is kinda funny. Because clearly this is meant to be used with Lt Surge. And lt Surge does use Magneton in game.

ALL IN ALL. This Dream League block makes up for the poor showing from Remix Bout

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Lana's Fishing Rod - Nice recovery. 4 Geodudes

The new turbo deck: use Magneton to Lt.Surge for Clay/N (whichever one you prefer) then start shredding your deck into oblivion.
(what if Mimikyu impersonates Lt.Surge? What happens then?)
It won't work obviously. Mimikyu won't work on Lt. Surge because it was an atk and ends your turn obviously. Use like Steven's Resolve

Last edited by a moderator:

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Ok all these cards are looking 10 times better than all of Remix Bout Combined.

Reshikrom.... OP! Like OP OP! Reshikrom + Naga is disgusting. This already increases Gardeon+Fairy Charm Dragon viability.

That Excadrill card looks really bad on paper. But after some examination Excadrill+Clefairy doll is going to be a scary archetype. If shedinja stall has taught us anything it's that it's easy to get down to a zero card hand. It requires a bit of set up, but if we can find a way to lusamine loop brock's grit along with Zebstrika. You have a one prize attacker doing 180 damage per turn for 1 energy. Diancie Prism star+ Dojo that's 210/240 per turn.

Are you sure you read Excadrill well?

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Are you sure you read Excadrill well?

Getting your deck down to a low count and using Clefairy doll so you never deck out. Then using Brock's grit to continually recycle your excadrill's and energy while using Zebstrika to draw all of them out and reset your deck back to a low count. All so you can do 180 damage per turn with one energy. Is there something I'm missing in that strategy? It's not simple but neither is Shedinja Stall :p

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
You said "zero card hand". Also you can just use the second attack without needing to setup as much and use some recycling engine if you're overly concerned about milling something important. Although 120 in an evolution mon is nothing special, Throh does the same with a single damage counter on bench and can use fighting belt to only require an energy attachment.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
You said "zero card hand". Also you can just use the second attack without needing to setup as much and use some recycling engine if you're overly concerned about milling something important. Although 120 in an evolution mon is nothing special, Throh does the same with a single damage counter on bench and can use fighting belt to only require an energy attachment.

I'll take 180 damage to 120 on a one prize attacker who's not limited to an item card. While the combo is a bit tedious. You are again a 1 prize attacker who also avoids baby giratina's 130 shadow impact. Also that secondary attack is helpful for getting you set up in late game. From all of our post rotation testing, being a 1 prize attacker is GREAT in the next format.

EDIT: Also if you can get the combo going you have a continuous loop for 180 damage per turn

Alpacino

TEU Jirachi for trade! See my thread!
I'll take 180 damage to 120 on a one prize attacker who's not limited to an item card. While the combo is a bit tedious. You are again a 1 prize attacker who also avoids baby giratina's 130 shadow impact. Also that secondary attack is helpful for getting you set up in late game. From all of our post rotation testing, being a 1 prize attacker is GREAT in the next format.

EDIT: Also if you can get the combo going you have a continuous loop for 180 damage per turn

Between multiple Sprints, Clay/Hapu, and Excadrill's second attack, it should be fairly easy to mill yourself down to 3 or fewer cards. 180 for 1F is amazing...add Diancie and Dojo and you're at 240 potentially.

The only problem is it might take a couple turns to get there. In the mean time, you'll only be swinging for 120 on a Stage 1 which isn't great...