• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Post Rotation ZoroNinja Dark Box

Wolfshadow

Aspiring Trainer
So, I recently started tinkering with ZoroNinja and found a decklist that combines it with some other primary attackers. In my solo-testing it has worked out pretty well and seems consistent, but I have yet to test it at a league. Here's the list:

Pokemon: 17
1 Mega Sableye and Tyranitar GX UNM 126 2 Greninja Zoroark GX UNB 107 2 Umbreon and Darkrai GX UNM 125 1 Ditto Prism Star LOT 154 2 Sneasel ULP 73 2 Weavile GX UNM 132 3 Poipole FLI 55 3 Naganadel LOT 108 1 Dedenne GX UNB 57

Trainers: 31
4 Mysterious Treasure 4 Cherish Ball 4 Pokegear 3.0 4 Acro Bike 2 Switch 1 Reset Stamp
4 Cynthia 4 Lillie
3 Viridian Forest 1 Black Market

Energies: 12
12 Dark Energy

Similar to my list. Good. I have these change possibilities for you to consider:

-1 Pokegear3.0
-1 Ditto Prism Star
-2 Darkness Energy

+3 Custom Catcher
+1 Viridian Forest

^ Darkbox has so little room, that either you do not play a full set of custom catchers, or not play gusting at all until cosmic eclipse, when a Great Catcher will be released...

On the other hand, if one stadium type's count is not full, what if your third or last Stadium gets bumped by a 5th opposing stadium? What if your last stadium is prized and inaccessible w/o KO power? Judging from your list, 4 total stadiums might not be enough to address decks that carry 5 or 6 stadium cards total, and I wonder if that could be a sign of a flaw?

Last edited:
Similar to my list. Good. I have these change possibilities for you to consider:

-1 Pokegear3.0
-1 Ditto Prism Star
-2 Darkness Energy

+3 Custom Catcher
+1 Viridian Forest

^ Darkbox has so little room, that either you do not play a full set of custom catchers, or not play gusting at all until cosmic eclipse, when a Great Catcher will be released...

On the other hand, if one stadium type's count is not full, what if your third or last Stadium gets bumped by a 5th opposing stadium? What if your last stadium is prized and inaccessible w/o KO power? Judging from your list, 4 total stadiums might not be enough to address decks that carry 5 or 6 stadium cards total, and I wonder if that could be a sign of a flaw?

Interesting suggestions. First off, maybe instead of adding another forest, what about throwing in a Night City? I can then remove one of my switches, one of my pokegears, and one energy for three catchers. I like the ditto, since I have such a low count of sneasel/weavile. Without weavile GX, the deck's win rate drops. A lot.

i think you either go 4-4 naganadel or just go the incineroar route for energy acceleration. What do you think?

I think the list needs either fan club or pokemon communiation, otherwise you will be relying on luck to get your T1 Sneasel. T1 Fan club is actually not that terrible compared to T1 Lillie since you can still use Dedenne afterwards. Without having Weavile out by T2 (plus 3 energy and Umbreon/Darkrai) the deck basically just loses unless your opponent bricks.
Also, I find that Nanu works in dark box since you can swap the Dedenne for a Zoroark/Greninja or T-Tar/Sableye once you have enough energy on the board which helps a bit with the bench space problem.

Last edited:
Consider MewMew, also I have found a busted version of the deck which plays 4-4 lines of acro bike and judge whistle, allowing you to speed through your deck and set up easily. You don’t need Pokegear’s, and I play 2 dedenne because it sets up easy. You only need 11 dark. Viridian can be lowered to one and you can put in dark city and super scoop ups. That also means you can take out your switch’s. I have done testing and Zoroninja isn’t needed in the deck, if you have that many energy on the board, you can set up the tyranitar.

Back