TCG Fakes The Custom PTCG Deck Thread

FourteenAlmonds

Helipotile
Custom-PTCGO-Plugin-image.png

Welcome Trainers to The CustomTCG Deck Thread!

This thread is where decks can be posted for discussion and usage by members of the PokeBeach community, made using member-created cards included in the Custom TCG plugin for LackeyCCG.

To see the legal cards for decks in this thread, you are going to need to have the CustomTCG setup, which can be found at https://www.pokebeach.com/forums/th...nual-ptcgo-for-original-pokémon-cards.149794/

All decks are currently to be created for the DPPt+ era, as those are the only eras for which sets have been made available – but that doesn’t mean that other eras won’t be made available in future! So far it is expected that Classic, EX-era and Expanded Modern will be updated to be included in the game.

To submit a deck, simply make a post in the thread below, but please use spoilers to avoid cluttering up the thread. Feel free to comment on or provide suggestions for others' lists as well -- all ideas are welcome!

You can use the "Export as txt" button in the Deck Editor to create a text document for the deck, which is faster than typing out the cards yourself.

An example of how you might post a deck can be seen here:

This is a deck I made recently which focuses on getting a turn one or two win by KOing all the opponent's Pokémon.

The goal is to start with a Voltorb, putting 1 Damage Counter on all the opponent's Pokémon using its ability, and then taking a turn one knock out on an evolving basic by retreating into a Gulpin with an energy attached and simply attacking. It can generally get one or two prizes early on, but if the opponent manages to set up even one Pokémon the game goes downhill fast.

It's been performing decently for me so far, but has been struggling to deal much damage at all in the late game. 2 Swalot have been included to help remedy that, but dealing only 30 damage + Special Conditions has been largely underwhelming, especially with Destiny Knot in the format, so I'm looking for some suggestions.

Here's the list:
4 Gulpin (UNH)
2 Swalot (UNH)
2 Chimecho (SAB)
4 Voltorb (WK)

4 Elm's Research (WK)
4 Oak's Discovery (WK)
4 Red's Quest (WK)
4 Winona's Breeze (WK)
4 Rival's Revenge (UNH)

4 Poke Ball (WK)
4 Ultra Ball (UNH)
4 Revive (WK)

4 Battle Subway (WK)
4 Cinnabar Mansion (WK)

8 Psychic Energy (SM)

(Small disclaimer -- this was the first deck I made in the program and hasn't been properly tested.)

Here's my first offering: a fun Vespiquen list using Spinarak to recycle Combees to discard using Servant Blow.
4 Vespiquen (UNH)
4 Combee (UNH)
3 Spinarak (UNH)
4 Delibird (WK)
2 Farfetch'd (UNH)
1 Scyther (UNH)
1 Sableye (UNH)

4 Oak's Discovery (WK)
4 Elm's Research (WK)
3 Rival's Revenge (UNH)
2 Switch (WK)
3 Ultra Ball (UNH)
4 Nest Ball (UNH)
4 Poke Ball (WK)
4 Revive (WK)

3 Prism Tower (WK)

10 Grass Energy (SM)

As for the Voltorb/Gulpin list, maybe running a few Zephyr Energy could get you 1 or 2 extra prizes when your opponent only has 1 Pokémon set up.

My strategy relies on trashing my own deck only to be saved by drawing a Ho-Oh in the very last turn
like the ultimate, most intricate, capitalistic, self-deprecating joke.

This is my very first deck on Lackey. I tested it against a quick Fire deck and I kept winning despite being at a disadvantage for the most part. It didn't matter that the opponent kept taking prizes because they couldn't do it fast enough compared to my deck thinning.

Damage was solid throughout the game but I slipped a few Rival's Revenge to hit harder when the time was right. This is especially useful against decks that rely on evolved Pokémon that cannot be revived in the current meta.

Possible counters: decks that can make you shuffle your opponent's hand, but there are non in this format I think.

3 Scyther (UNH)
3 Scizor (UNH)
4 Mawile (UNH)
4 Ho-Oh (WK)
2 Shieldon (UNH)
2 Farfetch'd (UNH)
2 Farfetch'd LV.X (UNH)

4 Oak's Discovery (WK)
2 Winona's Breeze (WK)
4 Elm's Research (WK)
2 Rival's Revenge (UNH)

4 Energy Retrieval (WK)
4 Poke Ball (WK)
4 Nest Ball (UNH)
4 Revive (WK)

4 Cinnabar Mansion (WK)

8 Metal Energy (SM)

Vespiquen Deck: This deck can be quite deadly if you manage to set up multiple Combee at the start!! (Scyther would be an ideal starter). The only weak point I see here is Combee itself. A deck that can damage the Bench fast will be a good counter. Too bad my Mawile is a bit slow to do that.

Gulpin Donk Deck: Ah, I like the goofy yet aggro concept of this deck! Reminds me of the current Stunkfisk/Spiritomb deck. Though most of my Pokémon are above 60 HP so you won't be able to KOem easily. Not to mention the difficult position you're going to be if you start first. But your deck could counter Double's to some extent.

Last edited:
Gulpin Donk Deck: Ah, I like the goofy yet aggro concept of this deck! Reminds me of the current Stunkfisk/Spiritomb deck. Though most of my Pokémon are above 60 HP so you won't be able to KOem easily. Not to mention the difficult position you're going to be if you start first. But your deck could counter Double's to some extent.

In DPPt+, you can actually attack on your first turn if you go first! You just can't use Trainers, so if you have an energy and Gulpin in hand you can attack t1 :)

The biggest issue I see with the Ho-oh deck is that there are no Armor Fossils to get Shieldon into play. Another card you could consider is Furret PtUNH, since it lets you draw more cards from Bench.

Edit: A variant I'm playing around with is decking on Turn 5 relatively reliably.

Last edited:
Oof! For some reason I thought Shieldon was a Basic Pokémon XD

Yeah, Furret is an option. I think I didn't choose it because it's a Stage 1 and it only lets you draw 1 card per turn. I decided to use the Farfetch'd instead. But since Shieldon is a S1, I might replace it.

But I'm raring to test this deck against other ppl's deck!

I've been playing around with a list derived from chiko's metal Ho-oh list.
This one wins fast enough that to beat it you have to average more than 1 prize per turn against it.
We probably need to nerf something here.
If anyone can suggest stuff to replace Sableye and Winona's in the list, I'm all ears, since I haven't actually needed to use either of them.
4 Mawile (UNH)
3 Farfetch'd (UNH)
1 Farfetch'd LV.X (UNH)
4 Delibird (WK)
3 Ho-Oh (WK)
4 Sableye (UNH)
4 Chimecho (SAB)
3 Furret (UNH)
3 Sentret (WK)

4 Oak's Discovery (WK)
2 Winona's Breeze (WK)

4 Poke Ball (WK)
4 Revive (WK)
4 Nest Ball (UNH)

4 Cinnabar Mansion (WK)

9 Fire Energy (LE)

Does it beat the Blaziken version of Ho-Oh?

I haven't tested a Blaze Ho-Oh build, but I'm guessing it'd go around 50-50 while having a slightly better matchup against highly aggressive decks due to better recovery from being KO'd. Largely depends on how consistent you could get Blaze tho.

In a less gimmicky vein, here's an infuriating Vaporeon list
4 Vaporeon (UNH)
4 Eevee (UNH)
3 Farfetch'd (UNH)
1 Farfetch'd LV.X (UNH)
4 Delibird (WK)
4 Kangaskhan (UNH)
1 Sableye (UNH)
1 Spinarak (UNH)

4 Snowpoint City Gym (UNH)

4 Oak's Discovery (WK)
4 Elm's Research (WK)

3 Switch (WK)
2 Energy Retrieval (WK)
2 Energy Switch (WK)
4 Nest Ball (UNH)

15 Water Energy (LE)

Kinda tempted to try to find space for a second Spinarak tho

The auto-win Legendary cards from Welkin are fun to try and break. I broke Ho-Oh within minutes and set out to break Rayquaza as well. Limited testing has proven successful but the card isn't as busted as I thought it was. Getting four Stage 2s into play is hard as hell. Here's the list I came up with.

2 Kabuto (UNH)
2 Kabutops (UNHa)
2 Mareep (WK)
2 Flaaffy (WK)
2 Ampharos (WK)
2 Bagon (WK)
2 Shelgon (WK)
2 Salamence (SAB)
2 Solosis (WK)
2 Duosion (WK)
2 Reuniclus (WK)
4 Feebas (UNHb)
2 Rayquaza (WK)

4 Poke Ball (WK)
4 Revive (WK)
4 Elm's Research (WK)
4 Oak's Discovery (WK)
4 Switch (WK)
4 Cinnabar Mansion (WK)
3 Archaeologist (UNH)
2 Dome Fossil (UNH)

3 Fighting Energy (SM)

For those who aren't aware, this deck's strategy is to declare victory by using Rayquaza's Poke-Power, Celestial Claim. To use it, you must first have 4 different Stage 2 Pokemon in play.

Let me go over the key players in this deck.

Feebas: Your ideal starter. Immune to Basics, attacks for free, evolves someone every turn
Kabutops: Free retreat, super easy to get into play with Archaeologist and Feebas
Ampharos: Searches out Supporters, this decks runs 30 Pokemon so this is pretty much mandatory
Salamence: Flying Lessons evolves 1 of your Basics in play. Doing this on turn 2 is highly recommended. Cyclone Wings can get him out of the Active spot without burning one of your precious Switches
Reuniclus: Cell Link can help you stall turns or kill off your own Pokemon such as Feebas or Rayquaza to get them off the field. Duosion can also copy Salamence's Flying Lessons to seriously ramp up the evolution
Rayquaza: This is how you win, drop it, declare the power, and sign your match slip cause you're done. It is a "Legendary Pokemon" and this mechanic means you can only have 1 "Legendary Pokemon" in play. This should never be an issue, but it is something to remember.

The deck runs 4 Feebas because you want to maximize your chances to start with it. Even still, it's only one in three, but it's the best you're gonna get. Everything else is run as a 2-of as Prize insurance. Use your first search of the game to do a count of every Pokemon in your deck. If you prize both pieces of a single Pokemon (both Kabuto, both Rayquaza, both Flaaffy, etc), it's over. There is no way to get them out of your Prizes without using Delibird (WK) and I don't believe there is enough room to accommodate him. This deck already runs 30 Pokemon, as I said. Space is tight.

Cinnabar Mansion is mandatory for thinning your deck. Use it as much as you can before Prism Tower gets dropped, holy crap that card is annoying. Revive gets important pieces out of your discard pile, like Basics that can be immediately evolved by Feebas, or Rayquaza when you're ready to drop the hammer.

The deck runs three Fighting Energy: one for Dome Fossil and two for Salamence. Prioritize getting Kabutops into play over swinging for 30.

There are a few other Pokemon I considered but decided against for the following reasons:

Bastiodon UNH: Rest heals 60 and cures all status but puts you to bed. You have a 75% chance to wake up by the time your turn rolls around so it's a pretty good way to stall especially with Reuniclus manipulating your damage. Decided against it because Kabutops is easier to get into play, and Kabutops has free retreat. I will say that Bastiodon LV.X can use Perfect Parry to stop two turns of damage, which is huge for a deck like this.

Kabutops LV.X: Neither of them are needed in this deck, and the extra HP isn't worth it. If I'd made Dome Fossil compatible with Water Energy, I would recommend the Razing Blade version, just for Spin Slash.

Staraptor UNH: Immune to Basics just like Feebas and has a free attack to shuffle one of your Benched Pokemon away. This was actually in my build up until I read what Ampharos could do. The other pieces were too important to the deck, so Staraptor had to get the axe.

Alakazam UNH: For one Energy you can roll the dice to fully heal yourself every turn. Since you're just trying to stall, you might as well, right? Feebas is better though. If you're going to attack at all it needs to be with Feebas or you're just playing yourself.

The deck is admittedly pretty fun. I was pleased to see it was not as busted as I originally thought. Give it a try.

Back