SM11b 'Dream League,' Japan's August Set!

Kinda hard rating Solgala not knowing what Lillie's Best Effort does. The first attack however is a Psychic type Flare Strike from Reshizard. No need to speculate on how good that will be.

I don't believe that's accurate. I'd interpret this as putting an effect on the battlefield in general, rather than on a specific Pokémon. I don't think this is removable by any combination of switching, except by attacks that ignore effects or explicitly remove them.

We'll likely get a ruling before pre-release in any event on this.

The wording of this effect could mean that gusting can't get around it. It's a blanket effect on all of your Pokemon in play. It could be the same though but that just seems weird to me. It'll probably be ruled as not working if it leaves the active though.

This looks really good for Malamar, but I'm not sure it'll replace Ultra Necrozma or Dawn Wings. It gives up one more Prize and technically has a lower damage cap than Ultra Necrozma, which can matter for Reshizard. This card just feels like Reshizard 2.0 but weaker because Psychic support isn't quite as good as Fire is right now - but then again, no other type can compare right now. At least it doesn't require awkward Metal Energy like Ultra Necrozma, I guess.

I only bring it up because it's been a universal property of attacks with upsides or downsides, and part of the reason why those strategies haven't been very effective because the solution to all of them is gust them out of the active and every deck in this format plays Guzma (and every deck next format will play Custom Catcher/Gust Ability/Gust On Attack/Great Catcher), or inversely Pokemon that can't attack twice in a row (Back in the days of Ho-Oh GX, and ReshiZard GX nowadays), you can switch to eliminate that downside.

I only think of abilities as full field blankets regardless of active or bench, such as Solgaleo GX Promo that removes all weakness.

But of course, until a final ruling is given it's still up in the air. I just assume that it'll work like every other side effect that's tied to an attack - it will be removed if removed from the active. Even if that's the case, it's a great way to discourage PikaRom GX attacks and Nagandel GX (Unified Minds) in general. Also protects your field from TinaChomp. Much more useful than only protect self.

This will be the first Gallade in the Sun & Moon TCG. I'm hoping that we will get others pokemon that did not appear yet.

Huh, first Gallade since BREAKthrough. I didn't think it's been that long, but I guess it has. Either way, that's another one we can scratch off the list.

Remember when we thought this could be a Unova-themed set and none of the revealed cards are Gen 5 still? lol

If this isn't a Gen 5 set then we have the right to boycott

ENOUGH with the Kanto filled sets!!!! there's TONS!

I don't recall if it was stated before, but it took me forever to figure out who was to the right of Lillie and Lunala. That seems to be Clay and Excadrill. Poor guy, in the corner. He's not even on the front of the pack, and only his foot and Excadrill's claw are visible when you flip the top of the box like that. lol

Also very happy to finally see a new Gallade card!

Last edited:
I think we all do that sometimes, so this year PCL's decided to just give us nonsense set names like "GG End" and "Remix Bout" that don't give us any implications at all about the set instead.

Sometimes I dont undestand why they pick pokemons they alredy use, why release another Magneton (Magnezone) line? There was one just a few months ago (For us in this expansion), they could release the same idea of the card as KlinKlang line (As metal of course, an turning the effect to metal assuming Magnezone had effect), same with Clefable that could it be a Slurpuff line or another Fairy pokemon who doesnt have a single card on the set

Pokemon who HAVE to get Gx's in this set or else they never will:
Musharna
Cresselia (Darkrai got one)
Hydreigon
Magnezone
Like....90% of the starters
Kyurem and Black Kyurem
Terrakion, he was left out of previous sets
Mew!!!!!
Maybe Arceus? He's getting a dragon type TT but a normal type GX with no weakness would be cool
Gallade
Where the hell are Groudon and Kyogre? Rayquaza got a gx, no reason they shouldn't have one
And finally, just about any gen 5 pokemon. I think there's 5 Gen 5 GX's and 2 Tag Teams

Back