• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard King of the Beasts (Terrakion Post-Rotation)

imashbuttons

Aspiring Trainer
With Unified Minds only a month or so away, I've taken a real liking to quite a few Pokemon in the set, one of them being Terrakion for the attack Cave King.

Pokemon (8)

4 Terrakion UNM
3 Reshiram & Charizard GX
1 Marshadow and Machamp GX

TSS (39)

4 Cynthia
4 Green's Exploration
4 Switch
4 Acro Bike
4 Tag Switch
4 Welder
4 Pokegear 3.0
2 Cherish Ball
2 Fire Crystal
2 Fiery Flint
2 Buff Padding
2 Shrine of Punishment
1 Heat Factory Prism Star

Energy (13)
4 Rainbow Energy
7 Fire Energy
2 Fighting Energy

Terrakion – Fighting – HP140
Basic Pokemon

[F][C][C] Cave King: 50+ damage. If all of your Benched Pokemon have damage counters on them, this attack does 150 more damage.

[F][F][C][C] Rock Smash: 110 damage.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 4

The goal of the deck is to setup into a Terrakion T1 to be able to start attacking as soon as I'm able. ReshiZard makes for a great secondary attacker when using the Welder engine while Marshadow and Machamp are great at setting up revenge kills on PikaRom if I don't have a Terrakion setup or the conditions for Cave King aren't met.

Last edited:

HoustonHammerhead

Aspiring Trainer
Def a viable option. You should run the new tag switch as you could potentially hit for 200 on turn one if you were able to hit a welder, rainbow energy to a bench ReshiZard, then tag switch the rainbow to terrakion.

imashbuttons

Aspiring Trainer
Def a viable option. You should run the new tag switch as you could potentially hit for 200 on turn one if you were able to hit a welder, rainbow energy to a bench ReshiZard, then tag switch the rainbow to terrakion.
Yoooo my brain read it as basic energy and not just outright energy, I'll make some room for it. Should I run 4?

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Some Options:

-I'd run your own shrine so that you can get that guaranteed damage on Reshizard. It also allows you to weaken those TTGXs that reshizard struggles to OHKO.

-Maybe test out a buff padding on terrakion because in this metagame TTGXs are only doing around 150. With buff padding you are avoiding the OHKO from them. With no field blowers you have a much higher chance of buff padding staying on.

HoustonHammerhead

Aspiring Trainer
I would run a full set just to up the chances of a turn 1 200. That's really the selling point of this is that it can one shot a PikaRom turn 1

imashbuttons

Aspiring Trainer
Updated the list!

-4 Custom Catcher
-1 Reset Stamp
-1 Karate Belt
-2 Pokemon Fan Club
-2 Giant Hearth
-2 Steven's Resolve

+1 ReshiZard GX
+1 MarshChamp GX
+1 Fighting Energy
+4 Tag Switch
+2 Buff Padding
+2 Shrine of Punishments
+1 Cherish Ball

HoustonHammerhead

Aspiring Trainer
You should be running Viridian Forest in this deck to search out the fighting energy. You can turn 1 Viridian or Shrine, then Green's for turn 2 for viridian or Shrine and you should be guaranteed to be set up (assuming you hit a welder on the turn you don't Green's).