'Hidden Fates,' Special Set Releasing in America This August!

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
I'm really glad they have their own number instead of the same one as the set. I hope they do this with black star promos in the future (for example, have a promo number instead of the set number)

Jon

Aspiring Trainer
I hope they are more like promos because it's frustrating to pull UR you can't use in standard gameplay.

Nyora

A Cat
Hmmm tpc directly telling us to PLAY EXPANDED BECAUSE YOUR DEAR BELOVED CHARIZARD GX WON'T BE LEGAL IN STANDARD ANYMORE.

uwu

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
is this set just alternative arts?
Naw there's a few others. Mostly from the Japan family sets which has simple GXs and I think some cards like thr supporter Jesse and James and related cards will be in there too. I dont remember if it's confirmed but it's not in our Unifined Minds set. Might be a couple other things too.

Poke_collector

Aspiring Trainer
m

I remember in the ptcg previous sets like Generations 20th ANNIVERSARY set, sub set card contains in per pack. For this set, I wish one SV guaranteed per pack.
I generations though not every subset card was shiny unlike this set

Scoop

Literally a sheep
That would make it too easy
There's 94 SV cards in the set, I'd hope that they make it at least one or two a pack.

I hope what they end up doing is one non-GX shiny per pack, and then another that could either be a GX or another random non-GX SV or something. A wildcard type situation like they did with the second radiant card you'd get in LTR and Generations.

If it ends up being the configuration of LTR or GEN packs I'd be pretty happy.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
So will Shiny Vault be like Reigning Collection by any chance. Because right now it seems like that.

dom

Aspiring Trainer
There's 94 SV cards in the set, I'd hope that they make it at least one or two a pack.

I hope what they end up doing is one non-GX shiny per pack, and then another that could either be a GX or another random non-GX SV or something. A wildcard type situation like they did with the second radiant card you'd get in LTR and Generations.

If it ends up being the configuration of LTR or GEN packs I'd be pretty happy.

Surely there's a half decent chance we get more than 2, considering the RD sets only had 25-30 and SV has more than triple that at 94, maybe we'l get 3-5 SV a booster.

I say this because The difference between radiant collection sets and the SV is that radiant side of those sets only made up about 20- 30% of the set. with the majority being the legendary treasures/generations side of the sets.

It's the opposite on these, as the majority of hidden fates is the SV (at around 60% ignoring any potential secret rares)

the idea of trying to obtain 94 unique cards when you only have a chance of pulling 1-2 a pack would be b.s...made even worse by the likelihood of pulling certain shining gx cards.

...though there wasn't even a guaranteed shining card in the Japanese release. (though they were at least norrmal boosters over there, so easier to bulk buy) Hopefully they use some common sense,

maybe the likes of charmander, charmeleon, inkay, voltorb, eevee, gible,gabite, noibat, riolu will be super common cards. with only one or 2 of the SV cards in each set being a rare or gx etc.

Last edited:

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
That would make it too easy
Lol this is pokemon your talking about i imagine a shiny vault card will be on par with Gx rarity I guess... that charizard is gonna push 1k plus psa 10 easy

Edit i think this is gonna feel like foil magic cards, just oh so sweet when you get one.. but i enjoy this kind of hunt... many boxes will be consumed!

Poke_collector

Aspiring Trainer
Lol this is pokemon your talking about i imagine a shiny vault card will be on par with Gx rarity I guess... that charizard is gonna push 1k plus psa 10 easy

Edit i think this is gonna feel like foil magic cards, just oh so sweet when you get one.. but i enjoy this kind of hunt... many boxes will be consumed!
Probably 10k for Zard