'Remix Bout,' Japan's July Set!

TheAquaPiplup

Aspiring Trainer
Blastoise & Piplup GX: Nice main attack. Too bad that we lost Dashing Pouch and Brooklet Hill. Otherwise one would have been able to switch between two Blastoise & Piplup in a Water tank deck.

Super Scoop Up exists and could be used to stream PipStoise however it is on a coin flip so that is discouraging

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Looking at the set list, it's Steam Siege and Crimson Invasion all over again in that there are a few good cards, but the rest are niche or downright terrible. I'm actually afraid to see what other Japanese sets Remix Bout will be combined with for our last English Sun/Moon set.

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
sawsbuck.jpg
Don't worry.

Komiya Wailmer is excellent, with Voltorb reminiscence.

The Zangoose awesome as well as the styles given to the Grimer line. Muk looking at its take on prize gold.

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
So if Remix Bout, Dream League and Alter Genesis make up our final set in November, where will the Japanese set for November go? October has the 'best of' and December will have the new Sword and Sheild.

Will they just not release on in November?

Purrloin

It took eight years for Sawsbuck to appear in a second set.

Here he comes galloping gracefully like a deer (how else?)!

Bask upon his antler leaves. Get your chloro-fill of their verdant greens.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Venusaur & Snivy TTGX - Nice Ability, too expensive atks, not enough to OHKO any GXs in the format. The ability makes it a card. 4 Geodudes
  • Tangela/Tangrowth - ehh?! That spot deserves for Sunflora anyways. 2/2
  • Heracross - very underwhelming, period. You forgot that Choice Band will be rotated once we get this. It only good if it hits for weakness. Without weakness, without any Tag Teams, no! 2-3 Geodudes
  • Tropius - not that convincing. 2-3 Geodudes
  • Deerling/Sawsbuck - Basically a Sandslash with +10 dmg Hit-and-run atk that is weak to the BDIF. Not worth it for its comeback. 2/2-3
  • Charizard & Braixen TTGX - Tell me reasons why we play this over Reshizard? Because for me, there isn't. You don't KO stuff at all and its main atk is slightly weak. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Ponyta/Rapidash - Ehh. 2/2
  • Entei - 2-3 Geodudes
  • Victini - Healing the bench is...alright. 3 Geodudes
  • Tepig/Pignite/Emboar - I actually love this ability. Although its a one-time ability unlike Blastoise, but still. It accelerates any basic energy. Plus, the atk can still dish out non-GXs. 3/3/4
  • Blastoise & Piplup TTGX - We don't have Aqua Patch but we have NagaQuag. 4 Geodudes
  • Psyduck/Golduck - ehh. 2/1-2
  • Kyogre - Nice energy accel. 4 Geodudes
  • Phione - Just use Great Catcher if you want to drag something to the active without getting the opponent an advantage. Alothough against Shrine decks, fine. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Duskull/Dusclops/Dusknoir - really cool to use especially Duskull. 4/3/3
  • Wailmer/Wailord - gross! 2/2
  • Rotom - Nice energy accel if it has at least pinchy damage. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Phantump/Trevenant - You're not even KOing a MewMew. 2/2-3
  • Dhelmise - Just use Mewtwo. 3 Geodudes
  • Marshadow - Niche tech in some Malamar decks, still. The atk cost. 4 Geodudes
  • Blacephalon - I love it. 4 Geodudes
  • Groudon - The F accel we need. 4 Geodudes
  • Throh - a Throh after 20 sets when this an Sawk are in the same set. 8 sets after Sawk. The Throh itself is fine. 3 Geodudes
  • Pancham/Pangoro - ehh?! 2/3
  • Crabrawler/Crabominable - if we only have Unit Energy for F and W... 3/3-4
  • Passimian - ehh? 2 Geodudes
  • Alolan Meowth/Alolan Persian - the ability makes it a card, period. 2-3/3-4
  • Alolan Grimer/Muk - another Filler stuff.2/2
  • Absol - ehh?! 2 Geodudes
  • Pawniard/Bisharp - ehh? Not doing much. 2/2
  • Guzzlord - Night City, Weavile, we have this. 4 Geodudes
  • Zangoose - Niche KOing Pokémon. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Stufful/Bewear - this is a usable Bewear we have. 3/4
  • Great Catcher - 5 Geodudes
  • Professor Oak's Setting - 5 Geodudes
  • Rollerskater - 4 Geodudes because we rarely see supporters that draws 4 cards
  • Draw Energy - Good on Porygon-Z ONLY. 3-4 Geodudes

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
So if Remix Bout, Dream League and Alter Genesis make up our final set in November, where will the Japanese set for November go? October has the 'best of' and December will have the new Sword and Sheild.

Will they just not release on in November?
Maybe most Remix Bout cards will be in Hidden Fates.

DiaborMagics

Experienced Fox Trainer
I love that Braixen is on a GX card. Geat pick. Though I do agree, I wouldn't have gone for Charizard again. Maybe Typhlosion? For Snivy I would have preferred Serperior.

Though I can't really make heads or tails of the Braixen art. Well, the head looks just fine, but... what is that ball? I don't recall any part of Braixen looking like that.

Alex Leblanc

Aspiring Trainer
None of these cards stand out to me as very good. All of them are quite mediocre except for the 4 Gxs in the set. There aren't even great trainers.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
  • Charizard & Braixen TTGX - Tell me reasons why we play this over Reshizard? Because for me, there isn't. You don't KO stuff at all and its main atk is slightly weak. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Professor Oak's Setting - 5 Geodudes

After rotation Reshiram and Charizard GX will not have access to Choice Band anymore. This means that it will be unable to knock out Tag Teams in one hit. With that in mind Braixen and Charizard look appealing since it can search out three cards of their choice which should not be underestimated. While it hits for 50 damage less it does not really matter since both of them will need to attack for a second time to knock out Tag Team Pokémon anyways.

Not sold on Professor Oak's Setting at all since you need to search for three different types and you need to directly play them to the bench. How many decks run three different types and want them benched immediatly without going to ones hand before?

Nate the Boi

Aspiring Trainer
Absolutely love the alternate art trainer cards. Hopefully we'll get them as a league promo like we usually do. That welder and acro bike would be sick!