'Remix Bout,' Japan's July Set!

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Reread; you're right. Thanks for the clarification. The only way Reshizard can get past this is Double Blaze's secondary effect in that case.
It could easily be read as an inclusive "and." It seems like the intent is to wall against any Pokemon with special energy attached. The wording could be clearer. Seems like it would have been "or" if the intent was to separate "Pokemon with special energy attached" into its own category.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I have been waiting for this card for so long, and I need all of them haha! I'm so excited for the FA version!! :D

Wechselbalg

brb
Simplistic game design at its finest. This game is starting to become simpler and simpler as the day goes by, what with suddenly big dumb "over 9000 damage for a billion energies" cards now actually being viable and then a card that is the most blatant meta counter to be ever printed.

Oh well. Have fun, kids.

Errffy Jones

Aspiring Trainer
Yes the Cheshire gets a GX! The blue jewel on the Full Art is going to be cool.

Alolan Dugtrio/Alolan Sandslash steel-type tag team in Alter Genesis or Dream League would be amazing!

jbcheshire

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Yes the Cheshire gets a GX! The blue jewel on the Full Art is going to be cool.

Alolan Dugtrio/Alolan Sandslash steel-type tag team in Alter Genesis or Dream League would be amazing!

Now I have a real reason to play a dark deck in the new standard!!!

momand

Aspiring Trainer
Alolan Persian GX:
The ability is good, but I don’t see it having the tools to be good right now. We have lost Max Potion, Acerola, Hoopa and Plumeria, so we cant do as much cool stuff as we’d like to. Most Tag Team and Ultra Beast decks already play non-TT Pokémon (Naganadel, Zeraora GX, Volcanion, Giratina) to reliably win. All we’ve got are coin flips on SSU and Crushing Hammer and that just doesn’t feel reliable enough imo.

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
  • Venusaur & Snivy TTGX - Since we don't have viable gusting options (but we have), This can possibly bump Celesaur for being the best tanking deck ever. Although Celesaur can do use Buff Padding while this doesn't. The atks are so expensive and we don't have ways around it. Although its viable. Weakness to the BEST DECK IN THE FORMAT lets it down. 4 Geodudes
  • Blastoise & Piplup TTGX - The main atk itself can KO Reshizard straightaway while accelerates and heals the energy. The GX atk is easily payable.. NagaQuag and the main atk can do it. Although you can use NagaQuag to get 3 energy turn 2. 4-5 Geodudes
  • Dusknoir - Spell Tag on an ability that don't need to git KOed. 3-4 Geodudes. Being a stage 2 is an issue.
  • Guzzlord - Weavile and Night City to get out of the active. Although 120 isn't enough to KO common non-GX. Think Buzzwole. 3 Geodudes
  • Bewear - Optional. OMG! I need to tell him. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Great Catcher - We don't any gusting options post-rotation, this card fills what we need. We need to gust big GXs to win, but we've already use your supporter to draw cards but we can't use our Guzma. Now, with this... this solves our problem. Discard 2 cards... it's not new. 5 Geodudes What I am worrying is... Will Pokemon Keep GXs in Sword & Shield? If it is, good. If not, oh no.
  • Professor Oak's Setting - Setup cards for playing multiple types. Most commonly Zapdos/Jirachi. Zapdos/Jirachi plays 3 types: Zapdos (L), Jirachi (M), and mostly Absol (D). 5 Geodudes

About Guzzlord, 120 lets it take out Quags, Baby Blacephalon, Weezing, and Zapdos, and Giratina is Dark weak. 150 HP also means it survives Double Electropower Zapdos. Loss of Baton does hurt, though.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Y'all forget that we are getting power plant with this so it won't be the end all be all.

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
Alolan Persian GX:
The ability is good, but I don’t see it having the tools to be good right now. We have lost Max
Potion, Acerola, Hoopa and Plumeria, so we cant do as much cool stuff as we’d like to. Most Tag Team and Ultra Beast decks already play non-TT Pokémon (Naganadel, Zeraora GX, Volcanion, Giratina) to reliably win. All we’ve got are coin flips on SSU and Crushing Hammer and that just doesn’t feel reliable enough imo.
It could be played with team rocket

Lord Charizard

Aspiring Trainer
Other than Black Market, what would combo best with this card post rotation? Already have eyes on cards like Great Catcher and maaaaaybe Stealthy Hood.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
That 1-2 punch of being annoyed by no Sunkern/Sunflora and then seeing Deerling and Sawsbuck. :eek:

Tepig line and Throh are also good surprises. They just brought back 5 Unova Pokemon (Deerling and Emboar were in XY sets) who were last printed in Gen 5 in one swoop.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Damn thought Sunkern line had a pretty good chance this time. But nope, we needed a 4th Tangela line in the S&M series.