'Remix Bout,' Japan's July Set!

ArcaneVoidDancer

Aspiring Trainer
I stated in a previous post that the reasoning for another Charizard card was random, but having another think about it, there are some really missed opportunities. They could have went with the 'triple' tag team route BUT with the evolutionary lines of each starter. Charmander, Charmeleon and Charizard GX tag team, that would have been so amusing to see. However there are some issues with this, one being they would have to revamp the rules to allow such a weird combo card to be played, and some decks would be knocked out from play. But I can only dream.

The Revolutionaire N

Aspiring Trainer
so many good cards!
oak is going to be a staple in lots of decks, and the catcher too.
Blastoise Piplup is gonna be a new meta contender w/kyogre, so powerful card against reshizard and in general it's pretty solid

garnetto

Aspiring Trainer
new bewear... that can mean only one thing
STUFFULLLLLLLLLLLS! MORE STUFFULS. AT LONG LAST, WE HAVE MORE ADORABLE CUTE STUFFULS! SAVED FROM ROTATION! I NEED THEM ALL BECAUSE STUFFFFFUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLZ!

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
All three of the tag team GX are good in their own ways, although I think that piptoise is the best out of all of them when paired up with a Quagnag engine.

I can see the Bewear becoming a nice tech option in the future as that ability is pretty legit.

Great catcher is pretty legit too and I welcome it because I am a sucker for gusts.

Professor Oak's Setting probably can't be played very efficiently in a lot of decks, but the ones that it can, this will be crazy good and I absolutely love it. Easily my favorite card in the set so far.

Artemissy

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, I picked a good time to take a holiday to Japan. Does anyone know what these train station events are? I need those promos so badly! And what hobby stores are doing the eevee promo?

Mega Charizard X

Mega Charizard X
The card that I really want in this set is

• Pikachu GX (Electric Type)
  • Alakazam GX (Psychic Type)
  • Alakazam Holo Rare (Psychic Type)
  • Golem Holo Rare (Fighting Type)
  • Alolan Muk GX (Dark Type)
  • Rhyperior Holo Rare (Fighting Type)
  • Articuno GX (Water Type)
  • Zapdos GX (Electric Type)
  • Moltres GX (Fire Type)
  • Dragonite & Tyrantrum GX TAG TEAM (Dragon Type)
  • Mewtwo Holo Rare (Psychic Type)
  • Mew Holo Rare (Psychic Type)
  • Swampert GX (Water Type)
  • Aggron Holo Rare (Metal Type)
  • Glalie Holo Rare (Water Type)
  • Salamence Holo Rare (Dragon Type)
  • Metagross Holo Rare (Metal Type)
  • Rayquaza Holo Rare (Dragon Type)
  • Deoxys Normal Forme Holo Rare (Psychic Type)
  • Deoxys Attack Forme Holo Rare (Psychic Type)
  • Deoxys Defense Forme Holo Rare (Psychic Type)
  • Deoxys Speed Forme Holo Rare (Psychic Type)
  • Arceus Holo Rare (Colorless Type)
  • Arceus GX (Colorless Type)
  • Giratina Altered Holo Rare (Dragon Type)
  • Giratina Origin Holo Rare (Dragon Type)

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
No Black Belt, Dojo, and Diancie for 2 energy.

• Groudon - since we need F accel, I think this is the solution... That makes F Pokémon recognizable. Giratina & Garchomp can dump 2 Pokémon with its GX atk, although Malamar would be its best option. 4 Geodudes
What does black belt do again?

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
The guzzler is insane. You could take 4 prizes and have a Black market prism in play so your opponent can't take prizes. What the heck this is busted.

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
Fire is already a fantastic archetype, why did it just get the ability to search 3 cards?

I guess its balanced by Reset Stamp and 4 energy, but Welder exists. 2 hand attaches + Welder and its ready to go.

This is silly.

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
What are these attack names?
Forest Dump?
Splash Maker?
Red Viking?
I know they’ll be different in English but still...

Incendium

Aspiring Trainer
The tag team GXs don't really seem all that great; maybe charizard braixen could be a tech in reshizard, but the others are kind of underwhelming. Even nag/quag wouldn't help out piplup blastoise, cause it needs the energy in the hand. and 250 + paralysis for 6 energy is not good.

But the guzzlord, dusknoir, and bewear actually look really good and will probably see some play in certain decks. Dark could very well make its way into the meta. And great catcher and professor oak also seem incredibly useful, so I have high hopes for this set besides the ttgx pokemon.

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
Venusaur & Snivy having an ability is weird. It seemed like they were actively avoiding giving Tag Teams abilities (with Mewtwo & Mew getting 1 in lieu of a regular attack).

Blastoise & Piplup might be good. 2HKO attacker that heals, accelerates energy, and 1HKOs the best deck. Sucks that the energy is from the hand and Water doesn't have anything like Fiery Flint.

Dusknoir's weird rectangular hands always take me by surprise. Nice ability but I wish it had a more interesting attack to justify playing.

Slightly disappointed Guzzlord isn't Dragon, but the art is cool and it could be a fun addition to Darkness decks that easily slides in thanks to Weavile, Nanu, and maybe Beast Ring if you're already using that with Naganadel.

Bewear's art should've had it carrying Team Rocket to go with the ability.

Both Trainer cards are pretty great. I especially love the new Catcher since it gives every deck a good method of discarding which we desperately need post-rotation. It also basically renders the Ninetales from Team Up obsolete.

Last edited:

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
So will Snivy's evolution line be included? If not, then it's a huge waste because Servine and Serpirior haven't even appeared yet this Gen.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
Call me hopeful but I'm really loving that dusknoir. Its attack for one psychic energy is really 140 damage if the opponent KOs you and you have spell tag equipped. And while I am still extremely hopeful that Non-gx pokemon will get more love in terms of searchability, Dusknoir at least can rely on Mysterious Treasure for consistency unlike some other non-gx pokemon.