Collecting Reverse Holos vs Normal Holos

aaron2310

Aspiring Trainer
Relatively recent returning player and just wondering what the general consensus was from collectors/players about the reverse holos. If a card has a standard holo and a reverse version, which is generally considered more value or better?

Probably normal Holos because sometimes with reverse Holos you can't read the text.

Personally I prefer the normal Holos. Generally pretty much every card has a reverse holo version so I don't know why I would want another reverse holo when I could have the holo.

I personally prefer reverse holos. The Sun and Moon holos just aren't visible enough for me, especially most recent ones; reverse holos are super shiny and have a cool pattern. For example, I opted to use reverse Magnezones in my Dusk Mane deck, because you can hardly see the shine in the actual holo version.

The general point is, reverse holo cards aren't any more valuable than their normal counterparts, but some people prefer one or the other in terms of aesthetics.

I prefer normal holos over the reverse holos. Of course not everything gets a regular holo so when that happens I prefer the reverse over the regular cards.

In terms of pure VALUE, when it boils down to it, normally the regular holo version is more valuable (in a monetary sense). Skyridge's crystal cards can be a perfect example to this, if you look at something like Crystal Charizard. The reverse usually sells for less than the normal holo version. In other cases, like the Crystal Guardians Delta Charizard, the price of the normal holo and the reverse can be pretty close. It just depends on the kind of card really. (See something like Legendary Collection too, the reverses are the most valued cards in the set).

I really couldn't say which one I prefer personally, since I collect master sets. It usually depends on the era for me, like in Black and White I 100% prefer the normal holos since tinsel is the best pattern, but in Sun and Moon I've gravitated towards reverses.

I prefer reverse holos. Not only do they tend to pop more but all cards have a reverse holo so you can have a matching going that route if you're blinging out your deck. Looks more cohesive then a bunch of reverse holo trainers, basic pokemon, and then some random holo rares

I miss galaxy holofoil so much, hopefully Sword and Shield sets will have something that looks nice. Never been a fan of reverse holos. It's a bit too messy.

Back