Watch Live: 'Pokemon Direct' Stream for 'Pokemon Sword' and 'Shield!'

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
I would prefer to have Sugimori than Turner...the sheep looks another Bidoof, the Grass flower looks like a smaller Lillygant with Meloetta's hair and the Turtle like a mix between that Gen II turtle concept and Croconaw. As for the people, I don't like the buffed and noseless Grass Gym leader. The Champion...it seems like a pimp from Saints Row. The professor...a "nastier" Rowan, but I enoyed her grandaughter.
As for Dynamax, I can understand that if we can shrink Pokémon in Pkballs, they can gett bigger, but what immediatly came to mind was a Dyna Wailord and also if people would get hurt in these stadiums (and why do we have to look like a football player while doing it?). I'll try to pass all of this Dyna business just like I did with megas and Z moves.
The legendaries...I've seen better fanart and to carry a sword is just like having another Oshawott with a dilemma. The boxart looks cheap and awful.
I hate yet again the new Rotom tech piece.
I'll wait to see more, namely the versions exclusives.

Last edited:

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Why didn't they reveal the types of the 2 legendaries??
Maybe they are introducing new types??

I wouldn't get your hopes up too much; the types of the box legends the last few gens haven't been immediately released (I remember there was a mass amount of speculation that Reshiram would be the first Light type legendary). They're just holding on to more info on them (typing, abilities, signature moves etc) which we'll get in due course. It's not a real indicator that there's gonna be a new type (in fact I remember in X/Y, Sylveon was the real one they used to tease that there was a new type, I don't remember Xerneas being used in that role - if they were to introduce another one now, I wouldn't be surprised if they used an Eeveelution -or some other generic mon- again)

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
I absolutely hate the integration of Pokemon Go into mainstream Pokemon games. Call me nostalgic if you want to I don't care. But what I'm seeing right now are not the great games that Pokemon used to produce.
I don’t see any Pokémon go integration, unless I’m missing something

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
Lesse then:
Pokémon first
Zacian and Zamazenta
Pretty cool, I think the designs are WAY too complicated but they are blue wolves so gotta love that.
Gossifleur
Meh. We have enough floating flower Pokémon
Eldegoss
Whimsicott clone. No good reason for this thing.
Wooloo
Now we’re talkin’. Man this little guy is cute.
Corviknight
I LOVE this design. Just love it. Dark/Steel raven!
Drednaw
Ok. I like it, but nothing that special. When I saw this guy, I was hoping it was gonna be related to Turtonator somehow but nope.
Dynamax is hopelessly stupid. I have no interest in this. The same Pokémon, just bigger? The first thing I thought about this was that the game designers just got lazy and didn’t want to make new designs for any of the Pokémon.

Wechselbalg

brb
Btw if anyone is wondering what Gossifleur's/Eldegoss' new ability did; the German pokewiki states that if the pokemon is damaged by an attack the opponent's speed is lowered, so it's like the signature ability of A-Dugtrio. It hasn't yet been revealed if it only works with contact moves though, but I'd say regenerator will still be better, since that one is a busted ability. I believe Eldegoss is going to be somewhat of a mixture of Tangrowth and Whimsicott gameplay-wise or maybe a mixture of Amoongus and Comfey.

Last edited:

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Lesse then:
Pokémon first
Zacian and Zamazenta
Pretty cool, I think the designs are WAY too complicated but they are blue wolves so gotta love that.
Gossifleur
Eldegoss
Wooloo
Corviknight
Drednaw
Ok. I like it, but nothing that special. When I saw this guy, I was hoping it was gonna be related to Turtonator somehow but nope.
Dynamax is hopelessly stupid. I have no interest in this. The same Pokémon, just bigger? The first thing I thought about this was that the game designers just got lazy and didn’t want to make new designs for any of the Pokémon.
Dont forget they had to create over 800 sprites, so I feel like there is a point where you don’t want to make any more

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Just so-so. Wish they didn't put back in the Rotom Dex but they can do what they want I guess.

All I have to say is, if there isn't a good amount of endgame content they're not getting my money. Pretty bored of doing the same Champion story grind and then having nothing to do. The last 2 Gens haven't had what made the series great.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
I took notes:
Haircuts are happening. There is a shop. Did we already know that? I dunno
There are red dots all over the map. Maybe gigamax (or whatever it's called) spots? But those are rock rings...
The entrance to the weird floating cool building has a dragon or something on it. Is it a new pokemon?
A kid has a squirrel shirt. A squirrel mon is coming.
Pokemon got lazy with the crowd shot. They obviously copy/pasted.
Is there new berry(s)?
unknown.png

New rotom form (time stamp 2:12) NOT THE PHONE ONE
It's different, go look.
Sword legendery is so much better looking:p.

JMT

Some Broke Weeaboo
Zacien is basically Zoro, and Milo is basically Mirio Togata, Change my mind.

aaron2310

Aspiring Trainer
I love Wooloo! So cute!

While I'm British but not really into football, I'm tickled by the gyms having a very football stadium vibe. Even down to the outfits they're rocking up in.

I'm not keen on the dynamaxing mechanic. Seems a bit too uninspired to me. I'd rather the Z-moves or the Mega-evolution.

I'm also not sold on the legendaries. They look so awkward. Especially the Sword one.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
They're so pretty omg

And would a new Eeveelution be too much to ask for?

Volkner123

Better Pokemon trainer than Ash will ever be
In the Pokémon Direct if you look at one of the shots of Corviknight it shows that at it was at level 60 and had 200hp I don’t know if it was boosted in some way or if it was affected by it’s nature or something. A Youtuber pointed it out

Volkner123

Better Pokemon trainer than Ash will ever be
This game looks amazing overall plus with Pokémon home coming out later this year I can’t wait!

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
In the Pokémon Direct if you look at one of the shots of Corviknight it shows that at it was at level 60 and had 200hp I don’t know if it was boosted in some way or if it was affected by it’s nature or something. A Youtuber pointed it out

Well one thing is for sure - it was not nature boost unless they changed it there is no hp boosting nature.
Can’t wait for all the leaks about stats and moves to appear.

PokemonMasterNate

VMAX Charizard will be mine!
Lesse then:
Pokémon first
Zacian and Zamazenta
Gossifleur
Eldegoss
Wooloo
Corviknight
Drednaw
I kinda thought Corviknight was gonna be Flying/Dark and Drednaw be Water/Dragon. I was wrong. I like the typing's though.