• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Beedrill and his Stand (Beedrill/Shedinja post rotation)

imashbuttons

Aspiring Trainer
Getting back into the game after a good few years so I'm building in anticipation of post rotation. Really took a liking to Team-Up Bee's Destiny Stinger attack so I figured I'd try and build something around it.

Pokemon (22)
4-2-4 Beedrill Line
3-3 Shedinja
1 Jirachi TEU
2 Oranguru UTP
1 Shuckle GX
1 Dedenne GX
1 Mew UNB

T/S/S (32)
2 Cynthia
2 Lillie
1 Red's Challenge
2 Brock's Grit
3 Energy Lotto
3 Pokegear 3.0
4 Rare Candy
2 Guzma
3 Pokemon Communication
1 Judge
2 Switch
3 Escape Board
2 Pokemon Fan Club
2 Prof Elm's Lecture

Energy (6)
4 Rainbow Energy
2 grass Energy

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
First off, loto is rotating. Which to me, means you need a more reliable damager than rainbow. Spiritomb TEU and jynx from unified minds could work, or you may not even need spiritomb since your opponent will most likely help you out by damaging your stuff, or you can play shrine to tick damage onto shuckle or dedenne. The jynx lets you move a damage counter anywhere on your board (but only on your side unlike banette gx).
This means you can play all grass energy and use viridian or spinner if you want to search it out. Rainbow until rotation is probably fine, although po town is possibly better (you can recycle it with a lusamine instead of needing to use oranguru and possibly falling behind a turn in the prize race. Plus you have no stadium, so for instance black market ruins your day right now. Po town would fix that as well).
Post rotation stadium could be anything, but viridian is probably most useful.

Second, Guzma will also rotate, so you either need a different gusting card, or maybe you don't (they're going to try to KO you with their one prizers if they have them, though, so ideally some gusting option would be good even if just custom catcher).

Third, since you have to take 6 prizes, this deck is always going to have a tough time vs. one prize matchups, unless you can tank their hits somehow. Shedinja only keeps you in the prize race if your tanking pokemon can stay alive sometimes.
Shuckle will work against several non-gx decks, but welder decks and some malamar builds will slap it hard for 2 prizes, and others will drop a power plant and go.
Suiciune GX might be an option, if they can't ohko it, you can switch into beedrill and shuffle the damaged one back from the bench.
Another interesting option could be rowlet and alolan exeggutor, since it can set up your first beedrill (or more ideally, a meganium that then chains your beedrills), and with a weakguard energy attached, it would be able to tank most hits plus you could play gardenia to heal it.
You could even try donphan and last chance potions, but spread would make you sad unless you also played something like a shaymin.
Baby melmetal and metal core barriers could be somewhat effective as well.

You'd really want to play around with it and see if any of these ideas are worth anything.

Gardegon

It's not easy having a good time.
Could you post some strategy here? I like this list but I'm confused about why only one Jirachi or the Orangurus.

Otherwise, the trainer lineup could use some work. For one thing, Guzma and Energy Loto will both be rotated out in the next rotation.

With no onboard draw, you'll need 4 Cynthia's. I'd suggesting making room by taking out one of the switches (as you have escape boards) and one of the PokeGears. Also, I don't think that you need 2 of each Pokemon Fan Club and Professor Elm. Both serve a similar purpose, but with Jirachi and Oranguru surpassing 60HP I'd suggest making it 3 Fan Clubs and replacing the other Elm with an additional grass energy.

imashbuttons

Aspiring Trainer
First off, loto is rotating. Which to me, means you need a more reliable damager than rainbow. Spiritomb TEU and jynx from unified minds could work, or you may not even need spiritomb since your opponent will most likely help you out by damaging your stuff, or you can play shrine to tick damage onto shuckle or dedenne. The jynx lets you move a damage counter anywhere on your board (but only on your side unlike banette gx).
This means you can play all grass energy and use viridian or spinner if you want to search it out. Rainbow until rotation is probably fine, although po town is possibly better (you can recycle it with a lusamine instead of needing to use oranguru and possibly falling behind a turn in the prize race. Plus you have no stadium, so for instance black market ruins your day right now. Po town would fix that as well).
Post rotation stadium could be anything, but viridian is probably most useful.

Second, Guzma will also rotate, so you either need a different gusting card, or maybe you don't (they're going to try to KO you with their one prizers if they have them, though, so ideally some gusting option would be good even if just custom catcher).

You'd really want to play around with it and see if any of these ideas are worth anything.
Thought I saw that Guzma was being reprinted in Unified Minds, maybe I read wrong, nbd. I originally had Pheromosa & Buzzwole GXs in the place of the Orangurus and Shuckle GX but decided against it because they didn't help too much on the overall strategy of the deck, which is obviously to speed to Beedrill and get to knocking.

imashbuttons

Aspiring Trainer
New day, new attempt at a list (This time actually post rotation)

Pokemon 21
4-2-4 Beedrill
3-3 Shedinja
1 Mew UNB
4 Jirachi TEU

TSS 32
4 Cynthia
2 Lillie
3 PokeNav
4 Rare Candy
2 Brock's Grit
2 Poke Fan Club
3 Escape Board
2 Pokegear 3.0
2 Power Plant
4 Custom Catcher
1 Red's Challenge
3 Pokemon Communication

Energy 7
4 Rainbow Energy
3 Grass Energy

General plan is to try and speed into as many Beedrills and Shedinjas as I can with the help of Jirachis + the trainers and pull out the threats with Catcher since Guzma is rotating.

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Still no stadium? You could actually use black market yourself, and play basic dark pokemon (such as spiritomb). I still think jynx/spiritomb/viridian is a good combo (rainbow only works 4 times). Goomy could be your wall also, a nice one prizer that can ride a u-turn or escape board.

imashbuttons

Aspiring Trainer
There's 2 Power Plants in this new one! Also the realization that Grit only shuffles in basic energy, big ope.

imashbuttons

Aspiring Trainer
Still no stadium? You could actually use black market yourself, and play basic dark pokemon (such as spiritomb). I still think jynx/spiritomb/viridian is a good combo (rainbow only works 4 times). Goomy could be your wall also, a nice one prizer that can ride a u-turn or escape board.
Does Rainbow Energy count towards Black Market's effect?

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
My fault, I skimmed right by power plant. Good choice. Forget black market, I totally forgot you had to have energy attached.