'Unbroken Bonds' Now Out of Print, Possible New Trend for Future Print Runs

The Last Shaymin

Floof
well thats funky.

it is annoying that they arent printing more of these, and they printed so many evolutions packs that nobody likes

horlicks

Aspiring Trainer
They previously did this with Ultra Prism last year. They have been tinkering with their supply models for much of the last year+.

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Inventory Management - its not that hard. o_O

Especially in 2019, after the advent of spreadsheets, inventory tracking tools, etc. and they can track what each store has moved for the last 5-7 sets, each region has moved, factor in Christmas sales, etc..

Speculation for the decision? This just smells of bad management, or management turnover. "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Unfortunately, and ultimately, we the players pay for this. Vastly rising/falling card prices in new sets (ahem Jirachi) that crash a few months later (ahem Pink Ninetales GX) cost the players who flock to new competitive decks and cards. And if you have kids (I'm still paying for my kid's 4x Rayquaza who spiked at $25 in September)... :mad:

Fafnirchaos

Aspiring Trainer
Inventory Management - its not that hard. o_O

Especially in 2019, after the advent of spreadsheets, inventory tracking tools, etc. and they can track what each store has moved for the last 5-7 sets, each region has moved, factor in Christmas sales, etc..

Speculation for the decision? This just smells of bad management, or management turnover. "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Unfortunately, and ultimately, we the players pay for this. Vastly rising/falling card prices in new sets (ahem Jirachi) that crash a few months later (ahem Pink Ninetales GX) cost the players who flock to new competitive decks and cards. And if you have kids (I'm still paying for my kid's 4x Rayquaza who spiked at $25 in September)... :mad:

Nintendo did this exact same thing, with the switch it's a new tactic to get consumers to buy more product, or they won't get anything.

Robert Fuchs

PCTGO name: Ben358358, PST zone
Pink Ninetales GX and Jirachi are good cards to hang onto for the long run.

They should be playable and relevant for a long time (in expanded decks too).

But easy to overpay for them. :)

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
As a business standpoint it totally makes sense to produce enough to not have overstock. And really they probably printed enough to not be short for awhile. As for us consumers, it will probably be fine enough. But I would probably buy any full art/secret rares and Dedennes now rather than later.

CapnKrunkCereal

Aspiring Trainer
This is sad. When we win at our locals we get a pack. Now it looks like the only packs we'll be getting are old sets that don't matter.

The Red Genesect

The robot that made it past Captcha
Really? Unbroken Bonds is one of my favorite sets. Yet they keep printing Evolutions packs because everyone loves that set.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Well that's kinda disconcerting - it's like they're purposely TRYING to make the price of Reshizard skyrocket ^^;

Was lucky to get two of the three main cards I was after from UB back to back, hearing this news means i'm probably gonna have to seek the set out actively within the next month or so (I can't imagine all stock being depleted before the next set release, but stranger things have happened)

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
A lot of good points about how prices will skyrocket, but as long as we’re not getting more Fates Collide, I’m all for it.
Finally, it’s here.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
A darn shame, but oh well. I haven't played the TCG actively in almost 2 years and all this does is deter me from playing further and sticking to collecting.

birdboy2000

Bird Keeper
This seems like terrible news, prices will explode on the secondary market. Remember how crazy prices got with Shaymin because Roaring Skies didn't get enough print runs? Geez I hope I can still afford to play...