Ruling Ariados LOT vs. Channeler (Unified Minds)

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
Having seen the new channeler supporter to be coming out in Unified Minds, I'm very curious as to the interaction with a particular favorite card of mine, Ariados from Lost Thunder with the trapping thread attack:
Whenever your opponent plays an Item or Supporter card from their hand during their next turn, prevent all effects of that card done to the Defending Pokemon.
Since ariados stops the supporter from affecting the defending pokemon as the effect of its atttack, and channeler is a supporter that stops the effects of attacks on your pokemon... who wins?

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
It's hard to have a ruling before a card is officially released.

Assuming the text is as such:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Channeler_(Miracle_Twin_86) said:
Remove all effects of attacks on you and your Pokémon.

It's likely that Ariados would basically create a "shield" over the defending Pokémon. That would prevent Channeler from affecting it. I don't see any specific Compendium rulings that would directly compare unfortunately (remember to look up Pokémon Ranger for rulings related to Channeler, as they're similar cards).

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Assuming that translation is accurate which I'm im skeptical about because I've seen different translations the ariados would be safe from the effect by way of priority the nullifying effect of channler cannot work when its allready been nullified itself