• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Aerodactyl Deck (Post-Rotation, ULT-on)

pokemonleagueryan

Diglett-GX?
Hi guys! Sorry if I make any mistakes, as this is the first time I have posted here in a VERY long time. I have a post-rotation decklist. Please note that this list is still in a very early stage (I just built it). All feedback is appreciated!

2 Kabuto TEU
2 Kabutops TEU
2 Jirachi TEU
1 Omanyte TEU
1 Omastar TEU
4 Aerodactyl TEU
3 Emolga TEU

3 Laboratory (Unified Minds)
1 Fighting Dojo

4 Unidentified Fossil
2 Fossil Excavation Map
2 Order Pad
2 Stadium Navigator (Unified Minds)
4 Custom Catcher
4 Pokémon Communication
2 Reset Stamp (Unified Minds)
2 Escape Board
1 Switch

4 Cynthia
4 Lillie
1 Erika's Hospitality
1 Tate & Liza

4 Triple Acceleration Energy
4 Fighting Energy

The main premise of this deck is using Laboratory (coming out in Unified Minds) to put Kabuto, Aerodactyl or Omanyte on the Bench, skipping the Unidentified Fossil (Still play it just in case).

In the early game, lock your opponent out of using items and supporters with Omastar and Kabutops, respectively.

In the late game, clean up with Triple Acceleration Energy on Aerodactyl to do 180 damage.

The Emolga/Pokémon Communication combo is for Pokémon Search. Not sure what else I could use for Pokémon Search.
Translations:

Laboratory (Stadium)- Once during each player's turn, that player may search their deck for up to 2 Pokémon that evolves from Unidentified Fossil, put them onto their Bench, and shuffle their deck. If they do, that player's turn ends.

Stadium Navigator (Item)- Flip 2 coins. For each heads, search your deck for a Stadium card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then, shuffle your deck.

Reset Stamp (Item)- Your opponent shuffles their hand into their deck. Then, your opponent draws a card for each of their remaining Prize cards.

Thanks for helping me in advance!

Edit 1: I realized I had less than 60 cards. Oops!
Changes:
-1 Order Pad
+2 Custom Catcher

Edit 2: Missing some Switching cards and removing some unneeded cards
Changes:
-1 Emolga (4th not needed)
-1 Laboratory (4th not needed)
+1 Fighting Dojo (Potential OHKO on 190hp Pokémon or OHKO on Pikarom via Kabutops)
+1 Switch (Mobility)

Last edited:
might try to fit a ditto<> in because your fossils can evolve from that and it counts as a basic, meaning less mulligans.
might also add a rescue stretcher to recover evolution Pokemon from discard

might try to fit a ditto<> in because your fossils can evolve from that and it counts as a basic, meaning less mulligans.
might also add a rescue stretcher to recover evolution Pokemon from discard

Thanks for the reply! I'll test with the Ditto*. Since this is post-rotation (Ultra prism-On), Rescue Stretcher will be rotated by the time Unified Minds is legal so I won't be able to play Rescue Stretcher.

ah, forgot that it rotated... maybe a brock instead?

I'll try it out! It seems a bit slow though, considering it's a supporter. As I'm testing it, I only need 4 Aerodactyl since I only have 4 Triple Acceleration Energy anyways, and putting 3 fighting on it doesn't seem like a great idea.

I like this deck, I think I will order the cards and build it.

What do you think about Bill's Analysis? It can help you nab the items you need to help set up the deck.

I like this deck, I think I will order the cards and build it.

What do you think about Bill's Analysis? It can help you nab the items you need to help set up the deck.

I'll try it out! It seems like a good idea. Early game I miss my key trainers so this could be really good

Back