SM11 Miracle Twins!

Scoop

Literally a sheep
First Wynaut since DP base set.
Ahh, got it confused with Mime Jr. I had a feeling it'd had been longer than HGSS, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Either way, I'm really happy to see it back.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
The updated list of most dusty Pokemon:
bwolder.png

JMT

Some Broke Weeaboo
There’s a lot of interesting techs in this set, although a lot of them probably aren’t going to be remotely viable in the meta.

JMT

Some Broke Weeaboo
The updated list of most dusty Pokemon:
bwolder.png
Some magician sued Pokémon for copying his likeness in what some might say is an offensive manner, so we won’t have another Kadabra for a very long time, if ever.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Some magician sued Pokémon for copying his likeness in what some might say is an offensive manner, so we won’t have another Kadabra for a very long time, if ever.
Rumor has it that if you whisper the name Uri Gellar three times into a mirror in the dark, he appears behind you and cuts you to death with Dark Kadabra cards.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
That Gumshoos cards probably stands as the worst damn stage 1 printed in ages.

90 base damage that's only 30 against GX or EX.

I'm sorry, what? Aren't GX and EX status supposed to be a risk, no matter how small, against the opponent mons? What the actual **** is up with this effect? I'm dead serious. Was this printed with the effects reversed, or did they misprint the card?

WHY. Even for trash filler status this is just... just wow.

alakazam1228

Aspiring Trainer
yeah i really hate this because i love the alakazam line, so something that i would love but doubt would happen is like a abra that has an ability that can somehow skip into alakazam without using rare candy.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Or they'll just put Alakazam with some random Psychic mon in a tag team. Honestly, I'm surprised they haven't done that yet because they always jump at the chance to use Alakazam whenever a gimmick comes along that lets evolved Pokemon appear as basics (it was a Gold Star, an SP Pokemon and an EX/Mega EX).

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
yeah i really hate this because i love the alakazam line, so something that i would love but doubt would happen is like a abra that has an ability that can somehow skip into alakazam without using rare candy.

That had something similar back in the DP set Mysterious Treasures, which had an attack which allowed you to search for Alakazam and place it on top of Abra, but since the attack required a psychic energy and a colourless and you had to have Abra in the active position to use it, it was far from viable, even back then.

Since then, there hasn't been another Abra since, but Alakazam has seen a couple more cards as a basic pokemon in the form of Alakazam E4 and Alakazam EX and their Lv. X and Mega Evolution counterparts.

On the otherhand, Uri geller is now 72 years old and with any luck we may see a new Kadabra (and by extension Abra and Alakazam) in some 5 to 20 years from now (hopefully its worth the wait lol)

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
So many good things done with this set.

28 total Gen 5 Pokemon. Some of these are including Pokemon we haven't seen since the BW era. Basculin, Archeops, and Carracosta come to mind of the ones we haven't seen (Leavanny/Terrakion have already been established). Stuff like Wynaut for the first time since, I think the HS era? Finneon/Lumineon, Elgyem/Beeheeyem, and I think a few others got their first cards since the XY era, and a lot of cool types for Pokemon, like Fighting Heracross and Steelix.

This is why I don't believe Pokemon is doing only gen 1 pandering. They're getting closer and closer to striking that balance with the last few sets. Although you have ultra rares with popular Pokemon, they're doing a lot of things like this that show they're acknowledging the other Pokemon out there.
I must admit, that does hit the spot.
Not much to say besides that I love that Energy. Grass/Metal have chances yet!

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Okay so like... Uri Gellar dying doesn't necessarily mean TPCi can magically start printing Kadabra cards, so can we not?

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
As this set, those are the pokémon that didn't yet have cards in the S&M era:

Abra
Kadabra
Alakazam

Sentret
Furret
Pichu
Igglybuff
Bellossom
Aipom
Sunkern
Sunflora
Teddiursa
Ursaring
Smoochum
Elekid
Magby

Zigzagoon
Linoone
Azurill
Lileep
Cradily
Anorith
Armaldo
Spheal
Sealeo
Walrein

Kricketot
Kricketune
Budew
Burmy
Wormadam
Mothim
Ambipom
Chingling
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Mantyke
Gallade

Snivy
Servine
Serperior
Tepig
Pignite
Emboar
Oshawott
Dewott
Samurott
Woobat
Swoobat
Timburr
Gurdurr
Conkeldurr
Tympole
Palpitoad
Seismitoad
Throh
Maractus
Solosis
Duosion
Reuniclus
Ducklett
Swanna
Deerling
Sawsbuck
Frillish
Jellicent
Klink
Klang
Klinklang
Mienfoo
Mienshao
Rufflet
Braviary

Chespin*
Quilladin
Chesnaught
Swirlix
Slurpuff

KentGardner

Aspiring Trainer
Remove all effects of attacks on you and your Pokemon.

I didn’t realize we could suffer effects, how does this occur?!?

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
Remove all effects of attacks on you and your Pokemon.

I didn’t realize we could suffer effects, how does this occur?!?
It's the same thing as Pokemon Ranger. Effects like "your opponent can't play Item cards next turn" and such.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
I love the way the alt-art Sightseer is the picture she took of herself in the original art. Clever.

CynderDarkov

Aspiring Trainer
Not too many cards in this server I find interesting but Iove all the fossil pokemon love. Also a new Noivern!

[P][D][C] Dragon Pulse: 120 damage. Discard the top card from your deck. Then, tickle your opponent.

Tickle? Is this an inside joke or what lol

Also I love that Sewaddle with the Sprout attack. Could be really good for grass.

Edit: also very happy about stadium search as an item.

Last edited: