Tournament May 2019 PTCGO Tournament Pairings

JGB146

♫♪.ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lılı.♫♪
Here we go again!

This thread will have the pairings for each round, as well as important notes for all players. All players are responsible for checking this thread at the start of every round; ignorance of the contents of this thread is not an excuse for not following any instructions found herein.

You can "Watch" this thread in order to receive notifications whenever a post is made here, but failing to receive a notification is no excuse for knowing when the round begins or ends. The calendar is posted in several places, including in the first round pairings post.

Do not post in this thread. All posts will be ignored and removed, unless by me. If you have a question, please PM me.

JGB146

Read this entire post. It's important.

INTRODUCTION

Welcome back. Once again, it's JGB's time in the TO limelight. For those of you who are confused about why Pokemedic was here and I was gone, and then why I'm back this month, and what the heck is going on.... We switch off every month. This is to avoid either of us getting burnt out, and to give me a chance to still compete during the off months. So, yes, that means you get to beat up on me in June :)

Now then, the May Cup is a go! Good to see you again. And it's nice to see some new faces too. Let's get to it, then.

If you have any questions, your first course of action should be to help yourself by reading this thread, because I promise you most of what you want to know can be found here. If the answer isn't here, it's in the news story. If it's not there, then you may ask me; be warned, however, that if the answer to your question can be found in one of the aforementioned locations, I will direct you there rather than answer your question directly. I may also choose to ask you a question in reply to help you find the answer yourself.

Basically, don't be lazy.

Again - read this entire post, especially if you're new. You'd be surprised what you can learn by taking the time to help yourself.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Every month I get questions that could be answered by reading the news story. Since no one listens to us, we have compiled a tl;dr version in this post. You should still read the news story, since this FAQ does not aim to answer every question, but it should answer the more common ones. If you ask me a question that is found in the FAQ, I will get upset, and you won't like my response.

To ensure you are apprised of all relevant updates, please make sure to "Watch" this thread. You will (should) receive notifications every time a post is made. Alternatively, you can "Follow" me personally so you can be notified every time I post (I think that's how it works?).
That said, not receiving a notification is no excuse for not manually checking this thread at the start of every round.

1. When and where can I submit my list?
When: I accept submissions any time after the first round starts. Where: in a new private message to me.
2. Is a private message the same thing as a conversation?
Yes.
3. Am I allowed to re-submit my list once I send it to you?
As long as you haven't played your match, yes. If you tell me you want to change your mind, I will ignore your submitted list and it will be as if you sent me nothing, so please don't forget to re-submit.
4. Am I allowed to switch card art (i.e. switching to a full art Professor Sycamore instead of a regular art)?
Yes.
5. I sent you my deck, but you didn't approve it.
Give it time. As long as you have submitted before the end of the round, you will be approved with no penalty, even if I approve it after the round is over. That said, if you submit incorrectly, you will get a warning if the deadline has passed, so read the rest of this post to figure out how to submit properly so this does not happen. Please do not post on my wall or send me additional PMs saying that you sent me your list in. I know you sent it. I got your PM. Just be patient, please.
6. Where do I post results?
Do not submit your results privately. Post them in the results thread at https://www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/pokebeach’s-may-2019-ptcgo-tournament-sponsored-by-tcgplayer-com.149860/ and nowhere else. Posting results anywhere else will not count, so please pay attention where you're posting.
7. Do I still need to post in the thread if my opponent doesn't show up?
If your match is decided by me, you do not need to post the results.
8. How long do I need to be a premium member in order to be eligible for premium-level prizes?
Your subscription must be active for the duration of the entire tournament.
9. My opponent dropped/forfeited the round. What do I do?
If they tell you they drop in your conversation with them, add me to the conversation -or- post in the thread saying they dropped. If they post in the thread saying they dropped, you do not have to do anything. You will get a round loss if your opponent drops in a private PM to me and you don't say anything, because that means you either didn't try to contact them or didn't contact me when you did and they didn't get back to you. Either way, you weren't on the ball, so you get a round loss.
10. What does "overflow" mean? Do I need to send you my list?
Overflow means you submitted a proper registration post, but were unable to play due to the player limit being reached. If you are on this list, you will have priority access in next month's tournament as long as either you mention it in your signup post, or I happen to notice you were on the list. You will not be playing in this month's tournament, so you do not need to send me your list.
11. I don't see myself on the pairings list. Why not?
There is an odd number of players. If you aren't dropped and aren't on the current round's pairing list, you have a bye and do not need to do anything for this round. Enjoy your break.
12. I won prizes! What do I need to do?
You wait. I will contact you at some point after your role in the tournament has ended with more information.

Got any suggestions for new questions? Drop me a line (don't post in this thread).

LINK TO BRACKET
https://challonge.com/MayCup2019

Bookmark this link. I typically enter scores after a round has ended in order to minimize attempts at influencing decisions to ID, since standings are updated in real time as I enter them into Challonge and gives players information they wouldn't otherwise have at an actual tournament. When you check your scores, please make sure the standings are correct; let me know immediately if they are not.

TOURNAMENT TIMETABLE
Here are all the deadlines for every round. I will post each round's deadline in the main thread as well as in each individual round's post in the pairings thread. If you aren't sure when the round ends, check! It's right here!
Round 1:
Tuesday 5/14/19 to Friday 5/17/19
Turn in your deck list to JGB146 by: Friday 5/17/19
Round 2: Saturday 5/18/19 to Tuesday 5/21/19
Round 3: Wednesday 5/22/19 to Saturday 5/25/19
Round 4: Sunday 5/26/19 to Wednesday 5/29/19
Round 5: Thursday 5/30/19 to Sunday 6/2/19
Round 6: Monday 6/3/19 to Thursday 6/6/19
Round 7: Friday 6/7/19 to Monday 6/10/19
Pre-top 8 tiebreaker round (if needed): Tuesday 6/11/19 to Thursday 6/13/19
Top 8: Within 3 days of Swiss or Tiebreaker rounds completing (as applicable)
Top 4: Within 3 days of Top 8 completing*
Finals: Within 3 days of Top 4 completing*
*Top 4 matches and the finals may be completed as soon as the previous top cut matches are reported. This information will also be posted in the pairings thread at the start of the first round.

You can submit your list to me any time before the deadline. You do not have to play your match first. If the deadline approaches and you and your opponent still haven't fought yet, I would suggest sending me your list so you can get it approved. If I don't approve your list by the deadline, it's okay as long as I receive it before the deadline. Outlined below is the very simple way that I accept lists. This is the only way I will accept your list. It's not hard to do, so the only way you can muck it up is if you haven't read this post. :)

TOURNAMENT NOTICES FOR MAY
  • JGB is back
  • We require six hours notice for a match confirmation to be valid for no-show wins. What this means is that if I am slated to play JGB and on Saturday he messages me suggesting 5pm EDT Sunday as our play time, I cannot claim a no-show win against him unless I replied before 11am EDT on Sunday. Since the offer was made prior to that, I had more than six hours notice. If I reply and confirm at 4pm, he can claim a no-show win against me but I cannot claim a no-show win against him.Note that we can still play the match. He just is not penalized for missing a reply that occurred too soon before the match. This way, he gets a reasonable amount of time to know whether or not he has a match
  • I highly recommend specifying your IGN, general availability, and asking for a specific play time in your first message to your opponent. If you have done this in the first message to your opponent and they did not reciprocate, it could be enough to influence whether an unplayed match ends as a tie or a win.
  • All players with a 5-1-1 record or better will make top cut, regardless of resistance: If this results in a larger top cut than 8 players, the lower resistance players will have a round of single elimination prior to the start of the true top 8
  • Requesting a concession is not acceptable under any circumstances
  • Please continue to include your table number and full scores when reporting results. You guys are awesome for how well you did at this!

HOW TO PROPERLY SUBMIT YOUR DECK LIST
Have PTCGO copy your deck list to the clipboard, paste it in a new conversation to me (even if you competed last month), and hit send.

This is the only way I will accept your deck list, so pay attention. Here's an image to help you out if you don't know what I'm talking about:

smiIEIm.png

In the deck manager, clicking dis will copy your deck list to the clipboard. The program will even tell you it's done.

Now, in the conversation to me, right click and Paste, or hit CTRL + V to paste the contents. Make sure PTCGO approves of your list before you send it - if it's legal for them, that's a good sign.

If your client is not in English, you can translate your cards if you want, but you don't have to.

PAIRING
Below is the image that contains the pairings for round one. All names on this image are PokeBeach usernames; look for your PokeBeach username on this image and contact your opponent immediately. Tell them exactly when you can play; this saves both of you time and makes you look good in case I need to hand down an activity ruling.

Round 1 ends Friday 5/17/19 at 11:59PM PST. You have until that time to send me your list and get it approved. Do not assume that just because you sent it means it was approved. Be sure to get confirmation before you relax.

Don't forget you all promised to make 3 posts! We love to see people contributing to our community and doing their part to help it grow. Three posts is easily doable. Please do it. Or else.

Do not post match results in this thread. They won't count. Post them in the main thread only. They will count there.

Initial pairings for Round 1:
9F3opC7.png

There will be additional pairings from late-registration players. Those will be in a separate post. All players will be mixed together for Round 2 and beyond.

Last edited:

JGB146

Additional Pairings for Round 1:

SDFOfYk.png

JGB146

Round 1 is over, and we have some things to talk about. Here are some notes:
  1. Please remember to include your table number when reporting results! That makes it so much easier for me to record things in Challonge
  2. If you haven't turned in a decklist, you probably got a warning this round. If you're not sure, check your inbox to verify whether or not you sent in a decklist. I'm rushing to prepare for IRL stuff, so I do not have a list of everyone who failed to submit easily accessible, however I will post that soon.
  3. Remember that you must agree to a specific time at least 6 hours in advance of that time in order for a time to be binding. Offering a broad range of times does not provide a specific enough time for agreement to produce an automatic win. I strongly suggest that you include a specific time in every message you send for scheduling matches. That will pave the way for you getting a win much more easily if the match doesn't happen.

Round 2 is now live. Round 2 runs from now until 11:59pm PST on Tuesday 5/21/19.

Here are your pairings:
dNWRbQX.png

JGB146

Round 2 went pretty smoothly. Those who were done playing announced that they wanted to drop. Most of you included your table numbers with your results. We had a few scheduling issues here and there, but nothing that got out of hand. So, thanks!

Round 3 is live now. Round 3 runs until 11:59PM PDT on Saturday 5/25/19

gmgJLbQ.png

JGB146

You guys did so good at supplying table numbers in Round 2, and then it seemed like half of you forgot in Round 3. Thanks to the half of you who didn't forget -- yous'all my boys.

Remember, 2 warnings gets you dropped from the tournament. I've informed everyone of their warnings for not responding or not showing up in the threads for scheduling, with the single exception of @Gyarados11 since his opponent could not add me to their conversation.

Round 4 is read to go! Round 4 runs from now until 11:59pm PDT on Wednesday 5/29/19

pElu4pW.png

JGB146

You guys did an awesome job about including table numbers! Thank you! (Except you, @Gengar master -- come on, man!)

We're starting to get deep enough that people are dropping with crashed hopes and dreams. If you want to drop, please make sure that you inform me before the current round ends.

@KK-Swizzle given how things went down last round, you ended up with the win, so I ignored your drop request. If you still want to drop, just tell me again and I'll process it this time.

R4 Warnings go out to:

@ShinyCyndaquill (did not respond to pairing)
@Gyarados11 (did not respond to pairing)

@Vom (no results reported)
@PvE_Poe (no results reported)
@BeppeGr (no results reported)
@Braiden1235 (no results reported)

For some of you, that was a second warning, and you have been dropped.

For everyone still in the tournament.... round 5 starts now!

Round 5 will run until 11:59pm PDT on Sunday 6/2/19
nmIxXZ6.png

JGB146

Alrighty, full post time:
1) Even @Gengar master got table numbers for R5! Excellent job!
2) More drops happened. Some people seem like they may have forgotten about the rules stating that you can message me asking for an extension. I expect Pokemedic to build in a delay around NAIC, but even if he doesn't you can always PM requesting an extension. I even stated in the thread that I'd give out an extension to anyone asking. But no worries, I think this went ok in the end.
3) We're well into the second half of the tournament now. Let's finish strong!

Round 6 has been live for a bit, and it will run through 11:59PM PDT on Thursday 6/6/19

6lrGfm0.png

JGB146

Round 7! For most, this is the end of the road. For a select few, this is the last step before fighting it out to see exactly how big a piece of the prize pool you end up with.

It has been a pleasure running tournaments for you guys over the last year or so. Once the Pokebeach tournaments wind down, I will attempt to pick up the torch on my own, separate from the site, with a tournament starting July 15. Message me with "July Tourney" in the title if you want to be kept in the loop about that. I will also plan to make the announcement publicly as widely as I can, so you may hear about it in other avenues as well.

With that, let's start Round 7! Pairings are below. Round 7 runs from now until 11:59pm PDT on Monday 6/10/19.

Sy2f9Hy.png