• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zoroark Control Deck Help

Wolfshadow

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys! Here's my decklist. Haven't tested it out yet, but am going to a league to trade for a couple cards. Tell me what you think!

Pokemon (19)

4x Zoroark-GX (SHL #53)4x Zorua (SHL #52)1x Tapu Lele-GX (GUR #60)1x Slowking (LOT #55)2x Slowpoke (GUR #48)2x Oranguru (ULP #114)1x Ditto Prism Star (LOT #154)2x Alolan Muk (SM #58)2x Alolan Grimer (SM #57)

Trainers (34)

3x Lillie (ULP #125) 3x Cynthia (ULP) 2x Judge (FOL #108)1x Guzma (BUS #115)2x Acerola (BUS #112)4x Ultra Ball (SHL #68)2x Nest Ball (SM #123) 2x Timer Ball (SM)4x Crushing Hammer (SM #115)3x Bodybuilding Dumbbells (BUS #113)2x Pokémon Communication (TEU #152)2x Mysterious Treasure (FOL #113)1x Switch (CES #147)1x Rescue Stretcher (GUR #130)1x Pal Pad (ULP #132)2x Lavender Town (TEU #147)

Energy (7)

4x Double Colorless Energy (SHL #69)3x Triple Acceleration Energy (UNB #190)

Explanations:

3x Lillie, 3x Cynthia:
I was looking at two different zoroark control decks. One had four cynthia. The other had four lillie. Why not combine the two? You get two different types of draw support, along with judge.

2x Lavender Town, 2x Judge:
Pretty self explanatory. Use lavender town to reveal your opponent's hand. Use judge to take a good hand away from them, use something else if they have a bad hand.

2x Alolan Muk, 2x Alolan Grimer:
Having a 2-2 line of these helps, a lot. Beats zapdos easy.

2x Slowpoke, 1x Slowking, 3x Triple Acceleration Energy:
Beats reshiram and charizard GX with water type advantage. Triple Acceleration Energy gives you attack power fast, and can even be used for zoro GX if needed.

2x Timer ball, 2x Nest ball:
A good split for grabbing basics and evolutions. Again an adaptation of Caleb Gedemer's deck and some other dude's deck.

Most of the other explanations are here https://www.pokebeach.com/2019/05/king-of-control at Caleb Gedemer's deck list. My deck list is kind of an adapted form of his.

So this list is not terrible but I believe 4 nest ball is too important for setup. There were a few lists that did well in Santa Clara that could definitely help you improve this list for sure

Updated list....

Pokemon (20)

4x Zoroark-GX (SHL #53)4x Zorua (SHL #52)1x Tapu Lele-GX (GUR #60)2x Slowking (LOT #55)2x Slowpoke (GUR #48)2x Oranguru (ULP #114)1x Ditto Prism Star (LOT #154)2x Alolan Muk (SM #58)2x Alolan Grimer (SM #57)

Trainers (33)

4x Lillie (ULP #125) 1x Cynthia (ULP) 2x Judge (FOL #108)2x Guzma (BUS #115)2x Acerola (BUS #112)3x Ultra Ball (SHL #68)4x Nest Ball (SM #123) (SM)4x Crushing Hammer (SM #115)3x Bodybuilding Dumbbells (BUS #113)2x Pokémon Communication (TEU #152)1x Mysterious Treasure (FOL #113)1x Switch (CES #147)1x Rescue Stretcher (GUR #130)1x Pal Pad (ULP #132)2x Lavender Town (TEU #147)

Energy (7)

4x Double Colorless Energy (SHL #69)3x Triple Acceleration Energy (UNB #190)

What do you think about it now? I was thinking about adding Honchkrow GX, but I dunno if I should remove some stuff just for that 1-1 line and two rainbow energy. Seems like it's something hard to pull off, being a stage one and all. Ideas?

Maybe add a 1-1 line of Persian GX?
I don't think that's easy enough to pull off. There's not much room, and with more and more charizard/reshiramGX running around, I need my 2-2 Slowking line. Muk and Grimer are pretty crucial, being a control deck, I I don't think I can spare them for Persian. But thank you for your opinion! Maybe I'll test it at some point.
P.S Took out a Lillie in exchange for another mysterious treasure.

Back