SM11 Miracle Twins!

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
-Again, although popular, Jirachi never really gets a psychic type anymore. It's the first time we've had one since HGSS, which is cool.

We've had three in Gen 7 alone. Shining Jirachi, a SM-P promo that never got translated, and now Jirachi GX. Generations was also Psychic after the HGSS era.

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
Disappointed they double dipped in Dragonite when they could've printed the same exact card (albeit with different colored energy costs) but with Flygon, Haxorus, Hydreigon, or Goodra. Heck even Garchomp since it doesn't have a solo GX or Kingdra since it would be a different type.

MegaAbsol10

I'm playing Big Blacephalon next quarter :)
Ok, this Dragonite GX is confirmation that Lance will be a Supporter in this set (and have a FA). The new sleeves and Dragonite getting a GX just makes me think that it'll happen. Plus, Kanto characters are the ones getting FA's this year, due to it being the LGPE block.

jamashawalker

Ikouze!
The more I look at Dragonite GX, the other Dragonite from Team up is looking like a better partner for it. Dragonite GX has more potential with Welder+ TCE vs the new MT Dragonite.
With Team Up Dragonite you can always search that Welder you need or any other supporter to help dig for that if you need to. Overall the metagame might possibly be more welcoming to stage 2s with the departure of guzma,marshadow, and slower turn 1 donks. It's an awkward stage 2 but scary scary for all of the TTGXs out there.

And as previously mentioned. Mewtwo Mew is going to LOVE this

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
Ok, this Dragonite GX is confirmation that Lance will be a Supporter in this set (and have a FA). The new sleeves and Dragonite getting a GX just makes me think that it'll happen. Plus, Kanto characters are the ones getting FA's this year, due to it being the LGPE block.

This would annoy me a lot more than the second Dragonite GX does. Lance got his Prism Star. If we're featuring Kanto Elites because of LGPE, where's my ice mom?

Scoop

Literally a sheep
We've had three in Gen 7 alone. Shining Jirachi, a SM-P promo that never got translated, and now Jirachi GX. Generations was also Psychic after the HGSS era.
Shoot, right. I just woke up when I mentioned those, I completely forgot that those exist. My apologies. (Agh I hate getting stuff like that wrong)

VuDu-JuJu

Intergalactic Trainer/Hitchhiker
Guys running Altarias with Dragonite-GX is a lot easier than you're making it out to be. Even just one is enough in most cases and with Devoured Field it's 300 easy. We have Ditto Prism Star so we have a universal access to either Dragonair or Altaria.

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Base 270 damage. Ooooooookkaaaaayyyyyyy.

Lance Prism Star makes Dragonite much more playable. Then focus the rest of the deck on the energy acceleration and getting Dragonite out.

Wooper/Naganadel might be a good partner. I know multiple evo lines is playing with fire (puns intended), but with Lance, getting a Dragonite out is not necessarily a stage 2. Add Sarge (or whatever else: Gladion, etc.) to help find the Lance when you need it, and Dragonite can be built around.

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
This is what power creep looks like. Add a slew of 270 HP basic TT GXs to the Meta, then add non-TT GXs to OHKO them.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Hear me out on Dragonite.

While Stage 2 Decks are really tough to make work these days especially with the resurgence of Big Basics, it does have a lot of tools helping it work.

Lance, sure, that's one. But mainly I'm talking about the Dragonite from Dragon Majesty, who's GX attack let's you put 3 Dragon-Type cards from your Discard onto your Bench for [C][C][C].

In theory it's possible to have 1 Dragonite GX (DRM), 1 Altaria DRM, 3 Dragonite GX (Sky Judgement), and an Energy Acceleration baby Dragonite in play at the same time.

Sacrifice --> Lance into Altaria and Dragonite DRM --> Triple Boost and GX attack to put 2 Dragonite (Miracle Twins) and the acceleration Dragonite on your bench --> get started trying to hit consistent 270s/290s.

Might not even need Altaria tbh.

ShaQuL

@KabutoKingTCG
Hear me out on Dragonite.

While Stage 2 Decks are really tough to make work these days especially with the resurgence of Big Basics, it does have a lot of tools helping it work.

Lance, sure, that's one. But mainly I'm talking about the Dragonite from Dragon Majesty, who's GX attack let's you put 3 Dragon-Type cards from your Discard onto your Bench for [C][C][C].

In theory it's possible to have 1 Dragonite GX (DRM), 1 Altaria DRM, 3 Dragonite GX (Sky Judgement), and an Energy Acceleration baby Dragonite in play at the same time.

Sacrifice --> Lance into Altaria and Dragonite DRM --> Triple Boost and GX attack to put 2 Dragonite (Miracle Twins) and the acceleration Dragonite on your bench --> get started trying to hit consistent 270s/290s.

Might not even need Altaria tbh.
That sounds like fun in theory, but unfortunately I doubt it'd be easy to pull off. Setting just the DRM GX could be more effective and then just getting 2 GX's and one accelerator on Bench.