SM11 Miracle Twins!

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
I like the new Dragonite-GX, not that difficult to power it up with the new Dragonite as well and TAE and choice band to hit 300. :)

Can even add a few Altarias to make it even bigger

gema5

Aspiring Trainer
Lance and TripleBoost are making the Dragonites deck a possibility. Thank you, Dragon Master!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
O
I like the new Dragonite-GX, not that difficult to power it up with the new Dragonite as well and TAE and choice band to hit 300. :)

Can even add a few Altarias to make it even bigger
Only 270. We don't have Choice Band anymore. This set enters ULP-on format. Altaria? Stage 1, different evo line nvr gonna work.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Shroomish/Breloom - If we have a card that auto-sleeps, we can do a lot of dmg in one turn, Breloom is a F type that uses Grass Energy so no boost for Martial Arts Dojo but it got boosted from Diancie as well. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Slumber Forest - It's Darkrai PS's Atk as a Stadium card. (This and Darkrai don't stack.) 3-4 Geodudes
  • Foongus/Amoongus - oh! We have a card that auto-sleeps. Breloom can KO Pikarom in one G energy. 4 Geodudes

Pokenerd

Aspiring Trainer
Dragonite looks ok. It's a stage 2 but we have Lance. Powered up in one turn with the other Dragonite and TAE. If it can consistently do 270 by turn 2 it'll be great.

Celebi... Is a really bad grass type LoT Dialga. It's 80hp and doesn't take knockouts. At least Dialga applys pressure.

Nyora

A Cat
  • Shroomish/Breloom - If we have a card that auto-sleeps, we can do a lot of dmg in one turn, Breloom is a F type that uses Grass Energy so no boost for Martial Arts Dojo but it got boosted from Diancie as well. 3-4 Geodudes
  • Slumber Forest - It's Darkrai PS's Atk as a Stadium card. (This and Darkrai don't stack.) 3-4 Geodudes
  • Foongus/Amoongus - oh! We have a card that auto-sleeps. Breloom can KO Pikarom in one G energy. 4 Geodudes
Where did you find those?

AlittleSTARme

Aspiring Trainer
if your able to get porygon z in the field its a insta win but its to clunky triple boost energy is perfect though you still need 2 other energy to use the main attack the other im happy to see another dragonite GX but at the same time this soon?

AlittleSTARme

Aspiring Trainer
another celabi and it devolves im not liking it shining ledgends was my fav and with how many of this same gimmick they print i think its gonna stay that way

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Of cooouuuurse Dragonite gets a second GX even though Goodra or Haxorus hasn’t even had an ultra rare yet...
This angers me. It’s fine if you decide you can’t print every ultra rare, but once you start printing the same GXs twice... that’s when I quit.
(I’m not quitting, but I’m taking an oath to myself for no reason to never use any cards that have 2 GX iterations in Standard. Anyone with me? No? That’s fine, too, I guess.)
Stop trying to salvage some popular Pokémon because the first GX didn’t see play. And if you try to, a least do a good job on the second card.

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Ah, another semi-overprinted card.
Just like the last few, it does the same devolution gimmick.
And just like the last few, it won’t see play because
Just like the last few, it’s garbage.

Fafnirchaos

Aspiring Trainer
I have to agree with goomy when looking at this from a collectors prospective, nobody really wants to get the same cards twice with slightly different artwork (I could be wrong though)

However from a combat prospective, this is really good. It keeps your opponent on his toes wondering which stage 2 your running, we have so many different charizards right now that when your opponent throws down a charmander it makes you think "which charizard is this guy running"

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Dragonite-GX again, but a much better one at that.

Combined with the baby Dragonite we saw earlier, all we would have to do to power up Sky Judgment is use the ability and then attach Triple Acceleration Energy to get an essentially free OHKO, and that right there is good OHKO damage, OHKOing any pokemon but Wailord & Magikarp / The three legendary birds (and probably some other cheeky thing I'm missing). Dragon Claw is also good 2HKO damage for all the smaller pokemon, and the GX attack, while unfortunately doesn't do any damage, is great draw power, and we're gonna need it for a stage 2 deck like Dragonite.

Setting up 2 stages 2's (This Dragonite-GX and the baby one) should be fine with the LOT Alolan Ninetales-GX (even though we're not going to have the Alolan Vulpix from Guardians Rising anymore but there's probably gonna be some other way to search the pokemon to your hand anyway. Mysterious Treasure, hard draw through the GX attack, the works). And if you really wanted to get a little creative, you can still use the ability of the baby Dragonite to attach energies to the Alolan Ninetales and have that attack for a little bit of bench damage when needed, or OHKO an Ultra Beast when you don't have the tools to do so yet as a plan B.

Probably some other thing I missed despite typing a lot, but I love this card. We've been getting a good amount of very viable Dragon Pokemon, and that makes me happy because Dragon-types are my favorite when it comes to Pokemon. First the Naganadel-GX from Sky Legend and now the latest 2 Dragonites put together. Even though it's not released yet I can say for sure that this one's way better than the Dragonite-GX from Dragon Majesty. Sure is making up for the lack of DDE in the format.

AlittleSTARme

Aspiring Trainer
dispite all this hate for another dragonite (witch for the most part i agree with we wanna see something new) I am so happy to see GOOD dragon types

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I guess it's fitting for Dragonite that people are in an outrage about this card.

Personally? As much as I'd like for there to be new pokemon who get GXs, you kinda have to expect that Pokemon, knowing their track record, are going to make repeat Pokemon a few times. It's not a bad looking card really, in terms of the art. I'm fine with it. Only gripe is that it isn't colorless.

Don't let this repeat take away from all the cool things pokemon did lately:

-Weavile gets an ultra for the first time
-Mega Sableye gets its debut period
-Slowpoke and Psyduck on an ultra
-Although popular, the Mew duo finally gets to be together as a singular card, which is really cool if you ask me.
-although not a GX (hmph), first terrakion in 5 years, and the first leavanny in 4.

And of course all the other obscure GX pokemon lately. You gotta look at the steps in the right direction, especially in comparison to early Sun and Moon.

Last edited:

rewster1

Aspiring Trainer
I have to agree with goomy when looking at this from a collectors prospective, nobody really wants to get the same cards twice with slightly different artwork (I could be wrong though)

However from a combat prospective, this is really good. It keeps your opponent on his toes wondering which stage 2 your running, we have so many different charizards right now that when your opponent throws down a charmander it makes you think "which charizard is this guy running"
Um, they are either playing roaring resolve (only good charizard ever), or one of the many terrible ones, I guess.